Author Topic: Switch SNES Online: Now You're Playing with Khushrenada!  (Read 83729 times)

Online Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Switch SNES Online: Now You're Playing with Khushrenada!
« on: November 17, 2020, 06:21:55 PM »
I've been meaning to set this up for awhile but I'm finally ready scheduling wise to do this pretty regularly. (I hope.) I'm not sure how many games or how much of the service others have used but I've been wanting to do get through more titles and arrange for more 2 player action with the games on it. I've made vague offers to play Kirby Super Star with Mop it up and Lost Levels with pokepal148 (although I'm not going to hold them to those games if they don't want to play them. But there's a lot more I'd be willing to meet up and play like the DKC games, Joe and Mac, Picross, Twin Bee, and more.

Are there other posters out there that want to get more SNES action happening? If so, jump in this thread and let me know. Tell me when you are free to play and what you want to play and let's start matching up and scheduling some play time. I'd like to make it so that it is a regular weekly meet-up but if it has to be a case by case time for availability then I'll do what I can to make that work also. We can try playing using the Nintendo Online Voice Chat app or do it over NWR's Discord as well.

For myself, I'm ready to make things work pretty much any night at or after 8:00 PM EST (although maybe not Thursday evenings) and on weekends I can probably be available even earlier from 2:00 PM EST. Personally, I'm looking to playing through the DKC games (preferably in VS mode) with some Mario's Super Picross mixed in but I'm open to other stuff as well like F-Zero racing, Mario Kart Battle Mode, Super Soccer or other games that user's who sign up may want to dabble in. Let's get N or get out!

Gaming Partners:

Stratos
Mr. Bungle
Discord.RSS / Steef
BeautifulShy
pokepal148
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 06:24:21 PM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: Switch SNES Online: Now You're Playing with Khushrenada!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 06:21:12 AM »
I've seen you online in the SNES app while I was doing other things. If only Nintendo would let people invite you to play in-system...

Be fun to do some classic racing games like Mario KArt, F-Zero, and anything else on there (does Stunt Race FX have 2-player? Can our eyes bleed out due to the jankie framerate that would entail?)

Also down for some DKC. 2 was my favorite, but I feel I need to play them in order so trying to get through 1, but not as fun without a partner to go with.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 06:23:10 AM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 11:58:45 AM »
Alright! Let's see what some 2 Player SNES F-Zero action looks like. And someone else ready for DK action. What time to play would work for your schedule?

And who else is ready to game like its 1995?

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2020, 02:23:06 PM »
I am down to clown. I have a similar schedule where I am free most nights after 8:00 EST. Just give me a day or two notice. You know I love DK but I will play just about any of the games on there.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2020, 03:58:36 PM »
Does F-Zero even have a two-player mode? I swear it was single-player only on SNES, but maybe I'm mixing two things up here.

In any case, I'd be game for a future session too, maybe this weekend or next week?. How set are you on beating a game Khush? Am a tad swamped right now, so an hour or two might be my max.
Also fair warning I'm bad at platformers but you know I wanna see Khush clobber dinosaurs in Joe & Mac. Also willing to lose at Mario Kart or try some beat-em-ups (Brawl Brothers? Peacekeepers?).

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2020, 05:31:04 PM »
Does F-Zero even have a two-player mode? I swear it was single-player only on SNES, but maybe I'm mixing two things up here.

Aw man. It really is just single player only. Bummer. It's one of the few games I've kept pecking away and messing around in. Was looking forward to shocking other users with my F-Zero prowess.

In any case, I'd be game for a future session too, maybe this weekend or next week?. How set are you on beating a game Khush? Am a tad swamped right now, so an hour or two might be my max.
Also fair warning I'm bad at platformers but you know I wanna see Khush clobber dinosaurs in Joe & Mac. Also willing to lose at Mario Kart or try some beat-em-ups (Brawl Brothers? Peacekeepers?).

I want to beat a lot of games! All 34 (and whatever else gets added)! We are going to start from the top and work ourselves all the way down to the bottom of the list! I'll drag you kicking and screaming if I have to!

Obviously that won't happen since there are a bunch of single player games but there are a bunch I do want to beat but I'm also open to replaying games with other users if they want to have a finished version as well. If some of you want to play through games like Super Mario World or DK, I'll accommodate and play the same games with different users. (Of course, there's nothing preventing other people with users in this thread beside me. I don't have to be the only partner.)

I'm ok if the play session is 30 minutes or an hour or something longer or shorter. As long as we can meet up often enough then we can get through a lot of games. These SNES games don't often take too long to beat. But if all you want is to just dabble a bit and experience my Koopa / Kremling / Cro-Magnon bashing skills then that is doable but I think it would be nice to at least complete the adventure together if possible. If there's just a select few titles you want to cross off your to-do list then mention them and we can start chipping away. This weekend could work depending on the time you think you'd be available.

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2020, 05:32:07 PM »
I am down to clown. I have a similar schedule where I am free most nights after 8:00 EST. Just give me a day or two notice. You know I love DK but I will play just about any of the games on there.

Ok. Well, how about tomorrow, Friday evening?

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2020, 09:17:12 PM »
Ok. Well, how about tomorrow, Friday evening?
That works for me.

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2020, 10:38:44 PM »
Any particular title you've been wanting to get into?

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2020, 02:01:38 PM »
Any particular title you've been wanting to get into?
I had not thought about coop until you mentioned it so I think it is dealer's choice.

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2020, 05:51:00 PM »
Successfully met up with Mr. Bungle Friday. We did some Mario Super Picross and bungled along it as we distracted each other while talking about all manner of stuff. Then we fumbled our way through Pop'N Twinbee trying to make sense of it. However, by the end and some internet research, I think we both now have a good understanding of the game so looking forward to our next gaming session when we can tackle it with this increased understanding. Let me know when you are ready for another meet-up, Mr. Bungle.

How about the rest of youse? I still want to get some DKC action happening here. C'mon already!

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2020, 02:16:54 PM »
Let me know when you are ready for another meet-up, Mr. Bungle.
How about Friday again? The blackest of Fridays that is. I am ready to cross some pi's and pop some bees!

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2020, 04:14:58 PM »
Sounds good. I'll make it so. Same meet up time?

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2020, 02:03:03 PM »
Well I guess this is something to do during the holidays.  It has been some time since I did co-op  in SNES online.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2020, 06:46:15 PM »
Well I guess this is something to do during the holidays.

That's the tepid enthusiasm we're looking for! Just mention when you think you'd be available to get scheduled in.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2020, 03:24:48 PM »
Sounds good. I'll make it so. Same meet up time?
Yeah, same Khush time, same Khush channel.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2020, 08:37:42 PM »
Well I guess this is something to do during the holidays.

That's the tepid enthusiasm we're looking for! Just mention when you think you'd be available to get scheduled in.

How about next weekend? The 6th of December maybe around 5pm MST?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2020, 01:40:39 AM »
As of right now, there is nothing I am aware of that would conflict with such a meet-up. So I will schedule it in. Was there a title you wished to tackle?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2020, 01:50:25 PM »
As of right now, there is nothing I am aware of that would conflict with such a meet-up. So I will schedule it in. Was there a title you wished to tackle?
I am assuming that all of the 2 player SNES Switch games can be played online correct?  If so how about Kirby Super Star, Wild Guns or DKC2?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
Re: Switch SNES Online: Now You're Playing with Super Khushrenada!
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2020, 06:27:42 PM »
How about some more online gaming fun this Friday Khushrenada?

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2020, 09:52:18 PM »
What a question! I must choose my answer carefully and it will be..... Yes! However, it might have to be at a bit later time. I'll let you know tomorrow afternoon if the regular 6 PM time is good or if I might have to be a bit later than that.

I am assuming that all of the 2 player SNES Switch games can be played online correct?  If so how about Kirby Super Star, Wild Guns or DKC2?

I thought I replied to this but I don't see anything in this thread. To my knowledge, every game with a 2 player option can be played together online. I'm willing to play any of the games you mentioned. I have no clue what Wild Guns would be like though. Would you be looking for co-operative play or versus play in DKC2? KSS is not a high priority for me since I know it very well but I'll still join in some co-op play if it is something you were hoping to get into.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2020, 10:21:39 PM »
Mario All Stars and Kirby Super Star sound fun to me.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2020, 12:28:49 AM »
I've yet to play SNES games online. How fun!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2020, 06:10:49 PM »

I thought I replied to this but I don't see anything in this thread. To my knowledge, every game with a 2 player option can be played together online. I'm willing to play any of the games you mentioned. I have no clue what Wild Guns would be like though. Would you be looking for co-operative play or versus play in DKC2? KSS is not a high priority for me since I know it very well but I'll still join in some co-op play if it is something you were hoping to get into.

Memory tells me Wild Guns is a 2player co-op  light gun type game. I haven't played it before but I remember it from Nintendo Power.    With DKC2 co-op play would be fun.   KSS I have wanted to play for a while but never got around to it.  So it would be fun to play with you as someone who is experienced with it. 

I think DCK2 would be good to start off with on Sunday.   One other thing is I am not sure we are Switch friends yet. My code is SW- 2862-0721-2519 Username is BeautShy.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2020, 06:19:49 PM »
What a question! I must choose my answer carefully and it will be..... Yes! However, it might have to be at a bit later time. I'll let you know tomorrow afternoon if the regular 6 PM time is good or if I might have to be a bit later than that.

Same time tonight. 6 PM.