Author Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles Wii / 3DS / Definitive Edition  (Read 215343 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Xenoblade Chronicles Wii / 3DS / Definitive Edition
« Reply #725 on: July 03, 2020, 05:37:21 PM »
And don't forget, today is the start of the Tetris 99 Maximus Cup for the XC Theme. Tetris 99 is pretty much the only other game I've been playing regularly / daily (along with Badge Arcade - almost at 4,000 badges!) while playing XC:DE although mainly just checking these days to do the daily missions and move on. I wasn't as addicted to Tetris 99 last year and missed out on the Luigi's Mansion and Pokemon Sword/Shield themes but I've kept up since. More themes is a nice way to shake up all the Tetris 99 defeats one suffers.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: July 08, 2020, 07:44:08 PM »
Watch at your own peril though since it will have some spoiler-y things about it as it tries to show a bunch of entertaining moments that can be encountered and give you some part of the story to hook you into buying and playing the game as a trailer should. Even though I was know seriously planning to play it, I wasn't necessarily planning on getting the Switch version. I was thinking of playing my Wii version but I was playing Super Paper Mario as the release got close and disliked the amount of time it would take to start my Wii U and go to Wii Mode and then launch a game compared to how quickly I could start my Switch and get going into Tetris 99 battles or Mario Odyssey.

Meant to say this a while back, but guess I forgot... You're aware how holding B during start-up on a Wii U instantly boots it to Wii Mode, right? Still nowhere near as fast as Switch of course, but your post made me wonder if you were using the quickboot.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: July 10, 2020, 12:16:42 AM »
I am. In fact, that very thing came up before in Discord when someone else was wondering about whether they should try the Switch version of the game or play the older version. I mentioned that as well and pokepal brought up the Wii quick start. However, I countered with the fact that doing so has the Wii U GamePad active and I don't really use it or want it on when playing a Wii game so I don't want to start it in Wii Mode that way.

Moreover, I'll turn on my TV and then turn on the Gamepad. In the time it takes me to hit power on the Gamepad to boot up the Wii U and then select Wii mode on the touch screen, my TV screen is still turning from black to picture. So, I have time to get a Wiimote to turn on and aim at the screen. Once the screen lights up then I can select playing Wii mode without the Gamepad. Yes, that does increase the feeling of waiting to get to playing a game but it's still going to feel long to boot up either way so I might as well take those extra 5 seconds to select TV Mode only for the Wii and play the system without putting unnecessary power to the Gamepad.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: July 10, 2020, 12:27:51 PM »
Yeah, it's still a slow process. I also have the Gamepad on 0% battery most of the time and charge it every few months or so, when some game insists on using it. Do everything with the Pro Controller.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: July 10, 2020, 01:09:45 PM »
Yeah, it's still a slow process. I also have the Gamepad on 0% battery most of the time and charge it every few months or so, when some game insists on using it. Do everything with the Pro Controller.

Pro Controller battery life remains amazing.
NNID: ejamer