Community Forums > Movies & TV

Khushrenada's Annual Oscar Thread. 2022 Edition.

<< < (2/3) > >>

Khushrenada:
The Oscars may have finally topped the La La Land / Moonlight mix-up moment!

Adrock:
I don’t watch award shows though I get why they matter to the performers (i.e. they’re offered better roles due to the exposure). I saw Will Smith sucker-punching (slapping?) Chris Rock making the rounds so I crawled out of the shadows to comment on it since I don’t have social media to do so.

Yeah… that’s assault and battery. It's important to note that assault is the threat of action while battery is the physical contact. That’s at least a misdemeanor, possibly a felony depending on the prosecutor. Smith should 100% get arrested and charged for that. We shouldn’t live in a society where someone can get away with that just because they’re rich and famous. There were hundreds of witnesses and it was filmed. That’s open and shut. The Academy just let that happen too then continued with the show as if that was normal. Will Smith made a speech in tears about love. What in the worl………

Chris Rock took it like a champ though. He should also lean into it and keep making jokes. He’s a comedian. Did he cross the line? I’m not here to comment on that. You can joke about anything with the understanding that not everyone is going to like what you have to say and no one has to host you saying it. At the same time, if your response to what someone says is physical violence, maybe you should go to jail then therapy.

Khushrenada:
Prediction Results:

Best Picture: CODA
Best Director: Jane Campion
Best Actor: Will Smith
Best Actress: Jessica Chastain
Best Supporting Actor: Troy Kotsur
Best Supporting Actress: Ariana DeBose
Best Original Screenplay: Belfast
Best Adapted Screenplay: Coda
Best International Feature: Drive My Car
Best Animated Feature: Encanto
Best Documentary Feature: Summer of Soul
Best Original Score: Dune
Best Original Song: Dos Oruguitas - Encanto It went to No Time to Die
Best Cinematography: Dune
Best Costume Design: Cruella
Best Editing: Dune
Best Makeup: The Eyes of Tammy Faye
Best Production Design: Dune
Best Sound: Dune
Best Visual Effects: Dune
Best Animated Short: Robin Robin It was The Windshield Wiper
Best Live-Action Short: The Long Goodbye
Best Documentary Short: The Queen of Basketball

That makes a total of 21/23 correct.

Khushrenada:
How does 2022 compare to past years?

2014: 20/24 (Great)
2015: 14/24 (My worst show in years)
2016: 16/24 (Average)
2017: 16/24 (Average)
2018: 16/24 (Average)
2019: 15/25 (Below Average)
2020: 19/24 (Better)
2021: 17/23 (Average)
2022: 21/23 (New Record!)

I was conflicted about that Song category and if I should go with Bond's winning streak. During the show and seeing the love the Bond franchise was getting further made me think I may have made the wrong choice. Not much I can do about the Animated Short category. That category always seems to want to ruin my day.

Khushrenada:

--- Quote from: Adrock on March 28, 2022, 01:50:23 AM ---The Academy just let that happen too then continued with the show as if that was normal. Will Smith made a speech in tears about love.

--- End quote ---

That's Hollywood, baby!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version