Gaming Forums > General Gaming

Genesis Mini: Anyone else excited?

<< < (2/16) > >>

ejamer:

--- Quote from: Mop it up on May 09, 2019, 12:32:09 PM ---... the Genesis with the Classics collection on Switch, ...

--- End quote ---

If I owned a Switch, that approach would make me think twice also - although some of the games included here (again, Castlevania and Contra being the big names so far) seem to be unique enough to draw me in.

Plus, the mini console approach is so cute and appealing!

Adrock:
I’m pretty sure I’m not going to like either Castlevania: Bloodlines or Contra: Hard Corps. The former takes place in my least favorite century of the series and the latter is supposed to be hella difficult.

There are some Zelda-like action-RPGs I’ve read about so I hope they make it on the Genesis Mini, and if not, I’m sure there will be other ways to procure said games. 😏

Luigi Dude:

--- Quote from: ejamer on May 08, 2019, 10:30:32 PM ---My fingers are crossed to see MUSHA, Mega Turrican, and Alien Soldier added to the console also... and with 20 games left to announce, those seem totally possible.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Ian Sane on May 09, 2019, 12:18:17 PM ---If they include something insanely expensive like MUSHA it would be worth it just for that.

--- End quote ---

MUSHA has already been confirmed for the Japanese version of the mini.  So I'd say it has a good chance of appearing in the US version as well.  Sonic 2 was originally announced with Sonic 1 for the Japanese version right away but they waited for the 2nd wave of games to announce it for the Western one so it can still announced in the 3rd or 4th wave.

--- Quote from: Adrock on May 09, 2019, 01:32:21 PM ---I’m pretty sure I’m not going to like either Castlevania: Bloodlines or Contra: Hard Corps. The former takes place in my least favorite century of the series and the latter is supposed to be hella difficult.

--- End quote ---

Well with M2 involved, they usually put the ability to switch between all the different versions in their work.  The Japanese version of Contra: Hard Corps is much easier since it allows players to take 3 hits before they die and has unlimited continues, unlike its western counterpart that kills you in 1 hit and has five continues before restarting the whole game.  So if the Genesis Mini allows the ability to switch between the Japanese and American versions of the games on it, I'd heavily recommend everyone switching that game to it's Japanese counterpart.  It's still a hard game but no where near as legendary frustrating hard as its western counterpart.

ejamer:

--- Quote from: Luigi Dude on May 09, 2019, 01:51:47 PM ---... MUSHA has already been confirmed for the Japanese version of the mini.  So I'd say it has a good chance of appearing in the US version as well.  ...

--- End quote ---

Fingers crossed, but it seems very possible as you point out.

What games would others like to see (even if they aren't necessarily realistic wishes)?
I'd love to see TMNT: Hyperstone Heist, Shadowrun, and Flashback.  I don't expect any of them to be there, and honestly I'm not even sure if there would be much audience for the last two...

Ian Sane:

--- Quote from: Luigi Dude on May 09, 2019, 01:51:47 PM ---Well with M2 involved, they usually put the ability to switch between all the different versions in their work.  The Japanese version of Contra: Hard Corps is much easier since it allows players to take 3 hits before they die and has unlimited continues, unlike its western counterpart that kills you in 1 hit and has five continues before restarting the whole game.  So if the Genesis Mini allows the ability to switch between the Japanese and American versions of the games on it, I'd heavily recommend everyone switching that game to it's Japanese counterpart.  It's still a hard game but no where near as legendary frustrating hard as its western counterpart.

--- End quote ---

It would be fantastic if they allowed this.  I have Hard Corps but it is insanely hard even by Contra standards.  I just wonder if they would bother with such a feature when it's not the sort of thing that mainstream users would care about.  Already we do know that the North American version has the three button Genesis pads instead of the six button ones the Japanese version is getting.  My assumption is that they're going with the three button one because it's more recognizable to casual consumers.  There is a common belief that casual users are confused by options.  So not only will those users not care about regional differences, Sega might assume that including such a feature would make the interface more confusing.  I mean such a feature would expose the user to unreadable Japanese text! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version