Author Topic: Blue Wii Coming to North America as a Walmart Exclusive [Updated]  (Read 1694 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report

Early bird Black Friday shoppers will get to nab the elusive blue Wii at sister store Sams Club as well.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/28405

Update: The Blue Wii will also be available at warehouse club chain Sam's Club, according to the store's preview of its "Day After Thanksgiving Event" ads. Though the Walmart ad claims "Only at Walmart" for the blue version of Nintendo's home console, Sam's Club's having the item on sale could have something to do with the fact that the warehouse chain is owned and operated by Walmart Stores, Inc. Sam's Club's ad pegs the Blue Wii at a cost of $99, and also claims the console will be available at the store's online site while supplies last.

The Blue Wii is coming to North America, though it will be a Walmart exclusive, according to a Black Friday shopper.

The system has been announced for Europe as a Mario and Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games bundle, although no word was made regarding the system's availability in North America. This confirms that it will be coming, however, it will be in limited quantities. Walmart will be selling the system for $99.96.

In addition to the Blue Wii system, several Wii titles will be available at a budget price during Black Friday. Some of these include last year's Epic Mickey, LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 and Toy Story 3 for $15 dollars each.

Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
Re: Blue Wii Coming to North America as a Walmart Exclusive
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 05:18:53 AM »
Well, blue is the color of Walmart. It would have been funny if it also had the Walmart logo on it also.

Is this one of those new fangled Wii models with the GC components stripped out?
is your sanity...

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 07:22:55 AM »
looks ugly

Offline Nbz

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 10:53:13 AM »
Well, blue is the color of Walmart. It would have been funny if it also had the Walmart logo on it also.

Is this one of those new fangled Wii models with the GC components stripped out?

Yeah I believe it will be the new non GC compatible model, simply for the fact that its being advertised lying on its side, because the new model has no stand with it.

Offline motang

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 12:43:36 PM »
I don't understand why only at Walmart/Sam's Club. Oh well.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 10:20:48 PM »
From the add, it looks like no game is included in the box. It has a Nunchuk, but it wasn't pictured, so I can't tell if it's also blue or not.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
Re: Blue Wii Coming to North America as a Walmart Exclusive [Updated]
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 09:23:52 PM »
$99 is a good price. Even if no game is bundled with it, that's still $50 less than the MSRP of the Wii, so with that $50 you save you can buy any Wii game you want (or maybe two or three) and make your own "bundle".
is your sanity...