Would you rebuy it ?

YES!!
10 (33.3%)
NO!!
8 (26.7%)
Maybe if price was good
12 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: Would you rebuy Metroid Prime 1+2 with wiimote controls and full online mode ?  (Read 10927 times)

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
This is the idea.

Metroid Prime 1 + 2 ported to Wii with motion controls from Metroid Prime 3.

The multiplayer levels and modes that were in present in Prime 2 would return, however so would all the levels and modes that Metroid Prime Hunters for DS had.

So it would be 1-4 online. All the Echoes levels, all the Hunters levels. All the other bounty hungers from Hunters (re-balanced now) . It would be WiiSpeak enabled.

Control style: Wiimote and Nunchuck or if you want GAMECUBE whatever you wish. So you could mix and match during multiplayer, and in single player you could change it to play Dual Stick style if you wish.

Single player for Prime 1 and 2 would be identical, if any area in those games were choppy it would now be fixed. It would have a hardcore mode where save points do NOT regenerate health, but health found in the wild would replenish more life. That is an optional mode at the start of the game if you wish to play in that.

So does that sound like a great deal ? Or No ?

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
Umm you do know they are doing this already without the online mode right?!?!
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
Getting MP2 online would be a huge undertaking for them, as they've never done a console online FPA. I can't see it happening... but co-op? Keep hope alive.

Also, there are no choppy areas in either game, how dare you.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Kenology

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
I'll double dip.  MP 1&2 with Wii controls is just too enticing for me to pass up.  It would probably take a bit of retooling to bump the framerate up to 60 fps, but I'm happy with 16:9 and 480p. 
Wii Friend Code: 6761 9883 7072 2526 - PM me your Wii Friend code and I'll add you. 
BWii: 429 612 278 949
MOH:H2 EA Nation username: Kenology
Endless Ocean: 1667-3301-0310
SSBB: 2964-8266-3925 - profile name = Ken

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Maybe for $30....

Offline Tybo68

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
I'm going to buy it regardless of an online mode but that would be a great addition not that I think Nintendo would ever put that in.
A night has a thousand saxophones so get out there and rock and roll the bones.

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
I'll be getting at least the first game just for the added wide screen and Wii controls.  Couldn't care less about online multiplayer.  Hardcore mode doesn't sound like it would actually do much.
GOREGASM!

Offline Kenology

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Also, these two better debut at a sweet $29.99 price tag.  Both games on the same disc for $49.99 would be cool as well.
Wii Friend Code: 6761 9883 7072 2526 - PM me your Wii Friend code and I'll add you. 
BWii: 429 612 278 949
MOH:H2 EA Nation username: Kenology
Endless Ocean: 1667-3301-0310
SSBB: 2964-8266-3925 - profile name = Ken

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Getting MP2 online would be a huge undertaking for them, as they've never done a console online FPA. I can't see it happening... but co-op? Keep hope alive.

Also, there are no choppy areas in either game, how dare you.

huge undertaking for newbies, this is supposed to be a top class developer.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
If there's enough new content added like new area's and new bosses then I would.  Since Jungle Beat Wii is suppose to be adding new levels, I'd hope they do the same for both Prime games.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline AV

• View Profile
Umm you do know they are doing this already without the online mode right?!?!

i know, but they haven't talked about this at all. so i just wanted to give in some details to see if people were interested.

You never know what Nintendo will do. Doing this would GUARANTEE sales, most people LIKE MYSELF can care less about new controls I still own both Metroid Prime games. Without any new content I really don't care to buy again. My brother in law who just got into Metroid Prime 3 would buy it instantly because he never played 2 and 3 and doesn't like the cube controller.

I never would of guessed that "Ura Zelda" would ever be released, but I was glad when Zelda Master Quest came out either way.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
The point of the series of remakes is try to get more sales of old games that were awesome and deserved more sales considering that the Wii as of now practically sold two times more than the gamecube did worldwide so they figured that these remakes can sell a lot.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
I never would of guessed that "Ura Zelda" would ever be released, but I was glad when Zelda Master Quest came out either way.

If only MQ was anything like Ura Zelda...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
I wouldn't mind but i hope this is not what Retro is doing in place of a new game.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
Would I repurchase it? No. Since I never bought either to begin with though, I would definitely give them a try with tolerable controls. I'd be able to pick up Corruption then as well.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline AV

• View Profile

If only MQ was anything like Ura Zelda...

Isn't it ?

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Google "Ura Zelda" and see what you get.  Sounds like it was supposed to be a lot more than what MQ is.
GOREGASM!

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
I have to admit that I wouldn't...
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Also, these two better debut at a sweet $29.99 price tag.  Both games on the same disc for $49.99 would be cool as well.
F that. I meant $30 for both on the same disc. None of these games are worth $50 again with or without new content.
If there's enough new content added like new area's and new bosses then I would.
Like the Kraid level and boss fight Retro axed. How about replacing that awful fetch quest at the end of Metroid Prime? What were they thinking? That was almost as annoying as the Hades level in God of War....

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
How about replacing that awful fetch quest at the end of Metroid Prime? What were they thinking? That was almost as annoying as the Hades level in God of War....

Oh that would definitely be nice.  Or at least make it like Prime 3 where you only need to find around half the items and not all of them to complete the game now.  Prime 2 would be improved greatly if you only needed to find half the keys at the end since it takes about 500 hours to find all of them.

Offline Spinnzilla

• Hippie Kaiju
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
I'm pretty sure almost every nintendo fan has re-bought at least one game in their lives so....
Who wants heroine brownies?

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
How about replacing that awful fetch quest at the end of Metroid Prime? What were they thinking? That was almost as annoying as the Hades level in God of War....

Oh that would definitely be nice.  Or at least make it like Prime 3 where you only need to find around half the items and not all of them to complete the game now.  Prime 2 would be improved greatly if you only needed to find half the keys at the end since it takes about 500 hours to find all of them.

What in Zephos are you talking about?  All the fuel cells had to be found to access the special special part of the special thing to proceed to the end of the game.  No different from Prime 1 and 2.  And the responsible Bounty Hunters find most of the keys during their initial play thru, acquiring most of them before the game tells you to.  Locating remaining ones takes like, an hour, and it's mostly solving a word riddle.  I guess players don't like their minds being challenged anymore.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
What in Zephos are you talking about?  All the fuel cells had to be found to access the special special part of the special thing to proceed to the end of the game.  No different from Prime 1 and 2.  And the responsible Bounty Hunters find most of the keys during their initial play thru, acquiring most of them before the game tells you to.  Locating remaining ones takes like, an hour, and it's mostly solving a word riddle.  I guess players don't like their minds being challenged anymore.

You didn't need to find all of the fuel cells in order to beat Prime 3.  If you follow the main path on the ship, you only need about half of them to get the code to access the last planet.  All the other fuel cell are only needed to open up the alternate rooms that have items like missile expansions.  Of course if you don't follow the main path and end up using your fuel cells on an alternate room first, then I'd imagine you will need all to finish the game.  But the point remains Prime 3 can be beaten without finding all it's end game keys, while Prime 1 and 2 require you to find all of them.

Hey, Metroid Prime 1 and 2 are two of my favorite Gamecube games, but the fact remains I'm not a fan of fetch quest in gaming and I just didn't like those parts of each game.  It's just annoying when your at the very end of the game, but before you can fight the final boss the game tells you to find this and this, when you should be able to just fight the boss.

I mean come on, in the 2d Metroids after you kill Ridley, you can go right to the final boss if you want.  I don't see why in Prime 1 or 2 after I kill the Omega Pirate or that big robot thing, I have to travel back to some far out remote place to find some keys, when I should be able to just go and fight boss like I could in the 2d ones.  It's like when you go to a restaurant and before you enter you realize you forgot your money and so you have to drive all the way back to your home to get it.  I don't find it fun in real life, I don't find it fun in gaming.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
    • View Profile
Considering I passed Metroid Prime 2 and I absolutely hated that fetch quest at the end of Prime, I might give a remake a chance IF they get rid of it.

And like Ardork pointed out, both games on one disc for $30. Make it $20 with everything mentioned and I'm sold.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
I wasn't opposed to the idea of MP 1 + 2 on a single disc when the wiimakes were first mentioned, hell I think I even had my own topic on it or at the least started a discussion of it in the MP3:Corruption thread.

As for the way you're putting it, Vega, I actually wouldn't want a full online mode. It'd be a nice addition, sure, but I'd much rather have extra content in each game over an online mode I wouldn't use. I'm not the most diehard Metroid fan and even I know Metroid isn't about multiplayer, so including it would feel just as out of place as it did in Echoes.

As far as fetch quests go, I don't care either way. I found the majority of the keys/artifacts along the way, and the few I didn't find were enjoyable to go after because they were pretty tough. At that point in the game you think you'd searched every nook and cranny there is and it drives you insane that you can't find that ONE LAST FREAKIN KEY.. but it just pushes you further to find it because its such an accomplishment when you do... Or in contrast it was so easy that you feel stupid for overlooking it and have a laugh at your own expense. But these are things games are made of. Oh wait, I forgot.. in this era of games we all want instant gratification, oh well guess I guess I enjoyed something I wasn't supposed to, D'oh!

February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.