Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

Not a hater but... (future prediction)

(1/56) > >>

Miyamoto:
I don't think the Nintendo Switch will be a success. I think third-party support will be non-existent and even though Nintendo already has a library of thousands of games over three decades, they will choose to either not make it all readily available or charge too much for it. I think people looking for a home console will favour the PS4/Xbox One and I think people looking for mobile gaming will favour their phones. I think the Switch will struggle to reach 15 million lifetime sales and in five years Nintendo will release a new console which is essentially a super stripped down dongle for $80 that has media services and budget gaming (which by then will be fine) and an IOS/Android phone suite for mobile gaming.

Luigi Dude:
Only 15 million LTD sales, what the ****? :confused;

Seriously, the Wii U has managed to sell over 13 million in 4 years and Nintendo fucked that system up in nearly every way possible.  The Switch has already fixed most of the Wii U's biggest problem, (name, design, marketing and first year game lineup) and third party support sound better at least right now then it was with the Wii U where you had some third parties outright saying they wouldn't support the Wii U and sent it's dev kits back to Nintendo without even looking at them.  So far nothing that bad has come from third parties on the Switch.

Plus you seem to forget this is basically a hybrid that will be combining all of Nintendo's resources so the handheld won't be eating away at the home console anymore since both will now be the same.  You can't forget the over 60 million 3DS owners that this thing is going to be appealing to since it's a 3DS successor as well.

The only way the Switch does that bad is if Nintendo pulls a Sony and makes it $599 US Dollars and then refuses to drop the price for 4 years like they did with the Wii U.  They wouldn't literally have to go out of their way and intentionally sabotage the system like Sega did the Saturn to get numbers that bad because the hype alone is already much greater then the Wii U's was before launch.

Miyamoto:

--- Quote from: Luigi Dude on December 04, 2016, 07:17:30 AM ---third party support sound better at least right now then it was with the Wii U where you had some third parties outright saying they wouldn't support the Wii U and sent it's dev kits back to Nintendo without even looking at them.

--- End quote ---

Which third parties?

Adrock:

--- Quote from: Luigi Dude on December 04, 2016, 07:17:30 AM ---The Switch has already fixed most of the Wii U's biggest problem, (name, design, marketing and first year game lineup)
--- End quote ---
I'd even put hardware on there. I'm not even talking about power though some rumors put it near Xbox One in terms of performance which is nothing short of a miracle on a handheld. The fact that Nintendo finally ditching PowerPC is one of the most important things going for Switch. Almost everything supports ARM these days. That decision alone will save a lot of people a lot of headaches, both at third parties and within Nintendo.

Anyway, even before January's full unveiling, at this juncture I consider anything less than 3DS-family sales to be underperforming for Switch. Underperforming also doesn't mean failure. If it ended up with 50 million units sold, that's still good, but it should still sell more. After next year, Switch will have almost all of Nintendo's first party output. To me, that's more than enough to push it over 15 million sales. Nintendo might get that in Switch's first year.

NWR_insanolord:
We really don't know enough about the system right now to do anything but guess. Even if you take the most prominent rumors as fact, there's still so much about the system we don't know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version