Author Topic: Batman Movies  (Read 36210 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Batman Movies
« on: September 25, 2019, 06:15:25 PM »
I'm breaking from the super thread. So, this will be a thread for "The Batman" and it's sequels.

So, The Matt Reeves Batman movie is starting to shape up. Affleck has been out for months. Robert Pattinson is now Batman, now to informally be referred to as Battinson or The Patman. The Batmobile will inevitably be known as the Patmobile(I always referred to My car as such actually)

Commissioner James Gordon is going to be played by the amazing Jeffrey Wright. My only question about this is how will he wear his facial hair. Will he do the traditional mustache, clean shaven like the TV66 version, or have a beard?

Jonah Hill is rumored to be in. I hear both rumors for Penguin or Riddler. I've also heard the rumor that he has the choice. This kind of reminds me of when Emma Stone was going to be Spider-man's love interest. Most thought she was going to play Mary Jane because she had red hair before, but she ended up playing Gwen Stacy. She would would have been pretty comic accurate either way. After watching Maniac I could see him as either character. There is also a rumor he'll be calendar man too. I am not too familiar with the character.

Other rumors/details about this movie: The movie will be structured like a detective movie , so Batman will be in every scene, and it won't shift perspective. Maybe it'll have a noir soundtrack? Supposedly based on The Long Halloween. I imagine it will only be partially based on that in the way Batman Begins was partially based on Year One or Infinity War and Civil War were based on those.

I'm looking forward to new details as they trickle out.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 03:14:44 AM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: The Batman
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2019, 02:13:20 PM »
Fat Jonah Hill has the look for Penguin, but the comedic chops for Riddler.  Skinny Jonah Hill has a better look for Riddler, but could probably do Penguin better.  He's kinda stuck. :/

As for Jeffrey Wright, he should do mustache with five o'clock shadow.  That's the optimal Detective Gordon look.  The mustache is a choice, but the beard should look like a consequence of a job that keeps him at work for 18 hours a day.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2019, 03:05:26 PM »
I sometimes roll my eyes at identity-swapping characters, but Jeffery Wright would be a very good choice for Gordon. Older than Batman but not too old, tired, smart, but you can tell he's tough underneath it all.

If you haven't read the Long Haloween, the main characters in the story:

Batman
Catwoman
Gordon
Harvey Dent and his wife
Calendar Man
The Falcone crime family

Most other Batman villains show up as well. I honestly think this would be tough one to do in one movie. It was originally a 13 part series, where each book was a holiday.

Halloween
Thanksgiving
Christmas
New Years
Valentine's Day
St Patrick's Day
April Fools Day
Mother's Day
Father's Day
Independence Day
Alberto Falcone's Birthday
Labor Day
Halloween

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 04:58:21 AM »
I also heard the rumor that Jonah Hill wants a big paycheck. He wants 10 million. If he has to wear a fat suit or gain a bunch of weight that could be reasonable.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2019, 01:19:50 PM »
It's understandable that Mr. Hill would want a big paycheck. He's a double Oscar nominee with serious acting chops. Why take a Ben Affleck sized risk gambling your newfound status on a Batman project. Besides they're gonna make half a billion on it easily, regardless of quality, or double that if it's a good film. Might as well take a chunk out of that.

THAT SAID, I'm willing to cut Warner Bros. a good deal here. I'll gain a bunch of weight and play a penguin for just a measly 5 million Dollars! Heck, let's just mo-cap the whole thing, I'll do that for just 3 million!

Once in a lifetime opportunity here, WB.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2019, 11:09:11 PM »
Long Halloween could be a great place to start if you wanna universe build, since it covers so much existing territory.  I'm actually really excited they're going the detective route because that's Batman's best trait: he's a fucking genius.  That almost never gets portrayed in film.  Long Halloween would probably make for a better mini-series though.  But maybe they'll just make a 3.5 hour movie and throw in an intermission.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2019, 03:29:46 PM »
So people like those possible casting rumors? Other than Jeffrey Wright, I'm not enthused by any of them...
That said, everyone is capable so maybe I'm just being a stick-in-the-mud. The sad thing is, I'll probably watch either way just to find out.
NNID: ejamer

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2019, 07:17:12 PM »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2019, 05:47:21 PM »
Jonah Hill is out

Paul Dano is in as the Riddler

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2019, 07:07:12 PM »
I hope that isn't really Cat Woman.  I really like the actress for the role, but that costume you would not be able to fight in that.  That could be a fine Selena Kyle outfit at a club or something, but not THE cat woman suit. 

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2019, 07:24:38 PM »
I don't think that's supposed to be the Catwoman costume, probably just a model shoot. Here she is in X-Men first class:

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2019, 04:46:09 AM »
Oh no when I found out she was Catwomen I just typed "Zoe Kravitz skin tight" and used the most Catwomenesque picture.

I think with Catwoman they have to make a costume that is functional, but not rich guy level tech.

I think they need to do something fairly different.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 05:00:47 AM by ThePerm »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2019, 07:31:49 AM »
I really like the cat woman costume in the comics. blended with the costume from the old animated series.  It needs to be sexy, but that can easily just be played by her personality.  And I like the idea of the googles and whip belt.  I can also see her kinda having "utility" Belt for snatching things and storing them while she escapes.  I don't see her stealing big things.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2019, 02:55:49 PM »
I really like the big goggles type. She's a jewel thief and would need to see well at night, and it makes here look like a cat.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2019, 03:08:38 PM »
I think a Catwoman costume similar to the one in the Telltale Batman series would probably be the best pick for a Live Action costume (setting aside the Returns costume, naturally)

It just looks practical and reasonably proportioned, unlike (ironically) the Catwoman design of The Batman. I know it doesn't look that bad in still frame, but it looks worse in motion.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 03:10:19 PM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2019, 06:58:33 PM »
The ears on that are cartoon-ishly big.  Not a fan.  The Telltale suit looks great though.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2019, 12:22:41 AM »

I thought this cosplayers Castwoman costume was pretty good

this ones too

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2019, 12:48:58 PM »
Catwoman in The Batman cartoon.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2019, 02:14:50 PM »
BTW, WB...while we're on the Telltale kick, if you wanted to outright steal their Harley Quinn design (if you're not going to use the classic B:TAS costume), that'd be cool. Telltale's version of Harley Quinn was fantastic.

They also had a pretty good Riddler design.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2019, 07:33:17 PM »
Not a fan of the hood, but then again I love camp.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2019, 08:06:44 PM »

He wears the hood because, in the Telltale series, Riddler's an old man (in his late 50s/early 60s if I remember right). He was running around tossing out riddles back in Thomas Wayne's day. The hood helps to hide that.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2019, 09:44:39 PM »
I'm going to say Riddler does not need to be purple and green.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2019, 11:13:50 PM »

He wears the hood because, in the Telltale series, Riddler's an old man (in his late 50s/early 60s if I remember right). He was running around tossing out riddles back in Thomas Wayne's day. The hood helps to hide that.

That makes sense, and is a pretty practical solution.  But I still miss the hat.  And hoods are kind of a young person thing.  Like Damian or Cloak.  I always think of them as young and hooded.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2019, 03:54:25 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye9hBVszKhs
The New news is Colin Farrel is penguin. Andy Serkis is Alfred.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2019, 07:51:40 AM »
Colin Farrel is an odd choice. One of Penguins common traits is he's compensating for the fact that's he's not the leading man type.