Author Topic: NWR Super Smash Bros. Playoffs Quarterfinals  (Read 2152 times)

Offline oksoda

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
NWR Super Smash Bros. Playoffs Quarterfinals
« on: April 29, 2015, 01:17:49 AM »

Here's the start of our single elimination Super Smash Bros. tournament! Who will triumph?

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/feature/40146/nwr-super-smash-bros-playoffs-quarterfinals

Well, after a grueling month-long regular season, we are finally at the playoffs of our first-ever NWR Smash Bros. Tournament. Following the regular season, our teams are now seeded and ranked, ready to square off in the playoffs. In the playoffs, things will work a little differently.

• Teams play in a best-of-five series
  • The higher-seeded team will have "home field" for matches 1, 3, and 5 while the lower-seeded team will have "home field" for matches 2 and 4
  • Home field is a stage and item set of the team's choosing. No custom stages or rules
  • Each match is three stock
  • Each team has three players, and each player must play at least once during the series

In case you want to see what happened during the regular season, here's the standings from the end of the regular season:

TeamsWLRWRLSL
1. PGC4010220
2. Mousers4010218
3. Newscast408412
4. Famicast22577
5. RFN13486
6. Forums13396
7. TNT04487
7. SWAN04487

Now, let's see how our squads fared in the first round of the playoffs...

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Re: NWR Super Smash Bros. Playoffs Quarterfinals
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 08:38:45 PM »
That night, I learned that in Smash Bros, momentum means precisely dick.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline famicomplicated

• The OG Japan Correspondent
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: NWR Super Smash Bros. Playoffs Quarterfinals
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 09:09:55 AM »
This gets discussed in the first section of Famicast 55, coming very soon!  :cool;
I am your (Fami)father.
Follow me on Twitter for some #hypertrollGET fun.
Troll with love, not hate.