Author Topic: Nintendo to Offer Four Discounted Mario Titles on the eShop During Their 'Month of Mario'  (Read 2531 times)

Offline Norex

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • NintendoWorldReport

Nintendo is offering more eShop sales during the Month of Mario. 

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/31140

Nintendo of America is celebrating the launch of New Super Mario Bros. 2 for the 3DS and 3DSXL by discounting the price of four Mario games available on the eShop in what they are calling the "Month of Mario."

The four games available are Super Mario Bros. ($3.99 instead of $4.99), Super Mario Land ($2.99 instead of $3.99), Super Mario Land 2 ($2.99 instead of $3.99), and Mario's Picross ($2.99 instead of $3.99). The sale begins this Thursday and each game will stay on sale for a one week period so be sure to use our release schedule below to plan ahead.

Super Mario Land was the first game to receive a discount in the North American eShop back in June, and Mario's Picross was discounted last weekend. It is unknown if the Mario sales will replace Nintendo's recurring Game of the Weekend promotion, where games such as Mighty Switch Force and VVVVVV have received steep discounts.

New Super Mario Bros. 2 comes out in stores and on the eShop on August 19. 

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Alright, I'll buy Super Mario Land already! It's the only one I don't have on the list since I own the physical copy but might as well complete the GameBoy collection on my 3DS.

Hope this doesn't replace the weekend discount. I've been waiting to see if some of the NES 3D remake games get discounted.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
The problem with me having bought almost every eShop game is I can't take advantage of any of these sales they've been doing.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
The problem with me having bought almost every eShop game is I can't take advantage of any of these sales they've been doing.

It's actually discouraging me from buying new games on Thursdays.   Though, I'm guessing 3rd party VC titles will likely never be discounted?  So far, it seems only eshop and 1st party VC that have a chance of going on sale.
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline Norex

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • NintendoWorldReport
Yes, whether Nintendo gives other publishers & developers access to their own prices remains to be seen... Personally I would love for Nintendo to learn from Steam.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
I own all of these except picross and I am not interested in that one.
But I heart Nintendo for celebrating in this way.
Oui, Mon Gars!