Author Topic: Post E3 reveals: Anyone getting a PS4/XBOX ONE at launch?  (Read 5989 times)

Offline Razorkid

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Post E3 reveals: Anyone getting a PS4/XBOX ONE at launch?
« on: June 11, 2013, 01:49:01 AM »
After seeing both Microsoft and Sony's press conferences, I was impressed by a few of the exclusives, but ultimately was not impressed enough to even consider picking up either one of those consoles at launch. In fact, with so many of the games shown being multiplatform on PC, I'm not gonna pick up a PS4 until probably 5 years into it's life cycle for the console exclusive library (sorta like what a lot of people do for Nintendo consoles).

I have no interest in the XBOX ONE.

My entrance into this new gen is unique for me as I'm entering it with a back log of over 100 games spanning both PC and PS3 that I have and never played (PC), or just haven't gotten around to buying (PS3).  I'm in absolutely no rush to pick up another console right now. I haven't even felt the unfortunate drought the WiiU has suffered these last few  months. With 4 active platforms I'm gaming on (3DS, PC, WiiU, PS3), my plate is full. 

Did Microsoft or Sony show something today that compelled you to wanna get their new systems at launch?

"All the world is blind to my passing..."

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Post E3 reveals: Anyone getting a PS4/XBOX ONE at launch?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 01:51:19 AM »
I'm starting a petition that Shingi get one just to let us know how it is.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 01:52:54 AM »
I am very tempted to grab a PS4. 

While I decided earlier that PC would be my platform of choice this gen, the PS4 appears to have many exclusives that I thought looked very good. 

I ruled out an Xbox for the same reason I ruled out the PS3.  That was because of the arrogance displayed by the companies.  The division looks awesome, as do a few other ones that were displayed.  I would also like to support a company that I see have actually learned from their mistakes and have taken a large bite of humble pie. Well done Sony. 

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 02:17:46 AM »
I'm in the same boat as you Razor, I have my 3ds, WiiU, PS3, and PC to hold me well over for the next few years.  My backlog is severe, especially on PC lol.  I'm just in the middle of the Witcher now, planning on playing part 2 when I finally get around to finish this one.  I still haven't finished ZombiU nor the recent Fire Emblem.  I just picked up Animal Crossing and there are still games releasing for the PS3 that I want.  All this not including all the games that will be coming out for the WiiU and 3ds this year along with all the next gen multiplatform games that will most likely come to PC (like the Witcher 3 lol).  Couple all that with my dwindling available time I have to game as I've gotten older and I think I already have my hands full with gaming.  I should be set for a good long while lol. 

I do plan on getting a PS4 though as I was intrigued with what I saw today and the price is just right.  I will not be getting one at launch though.  There are no must have games that I've seen for it.  A lot of the games that really caught my eye will prob get a PC release or aren't schedule to release till sometime next year.  More than likely I'll pick one up in year 2 or 3. 

As for the Xbone, yeah...I don't think so.  There is nothing about it that tickles my fancy and I don't think there ever will be.  I'm not a MS hater even mind you.  I had all 3 major consoles this gen but ultimately sold my 360 to fund my WiiU. 

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 03:07:37 AM »
Hell to the fucking yes am I getting a PS4 at launch. I am holding off my plans to get a PC indefinitely and will be spending that money on the PS4.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 06:45:18 AM »
I've already preordered a PS4 on Amazon.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline smallsharkbigbite

• Score: -7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 07:15:24 AM »
I'm not getting either at launch.  I'm surprised though, I figured Sony would follow Microsofts lead.  They didn't.  Used games = allowed.
Price = reasonable.
No mandatory motion controls.
Most of the games the xone is getting.

I think Sony nailed it.  I have a PS3 and I was thinking I wouldn't be interested in a PS4.  I am interested.  Like above though, I have too much of a backlog to be concerned at getting the system at launch.  Still not interested in Xbox1.  I think it would be sweet to get a $99 360.  I figured that rumor was false though. 

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 07:26:46 AM »
Nah, I'm still passing on both. Neither has any games I want currently so I'm in no rush.

The price discrepancy looks less ridiculous when you consider that every Xbox One comes with Kinect 2.0 and supposedly features better tech than the new Playstation Eye. Many people, such as myself, do not care at all about these cameras so it's nice that Sony isn't mandating that consumers pay for one. At the same time, it will always be nonessential if it's not packed with the console itself. The Wii Remote and the Wii U GamePad wouldn't work if they were optional. The difference here is that both were meant to be the main controller and Kinect 2.0/Playstation Eye are still supplementary whether included/not included.

For the technology, Xbox One, like PS3, is a good value for what you pay for. It's still not worth the money to me. While I understand why Kinect is included, it is also one of my main issues with Xbox One. It's like willingly spending an extra $100 to be really uncomfortable. If I were to buy one of these consoles, it'd be a PS4, but I'm not going to buy one just because it's a better deal than One (I can't bring myself to call it Xbone). If there are games I want eventually, I'll probably wait for the first redesign. For now, a new TV and an iMac are at the top of my electronics list.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 07:42:22 AM »
I've already preordered a PS4 on Amazon.

Same here. Which is quite a turn around from yesterday, when I was pessimistic that I would be buying any new console for the foreseeable future. Ultimately, it was the lower than expected price point that changed my opinion.
Gouge away.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2013, 07:47:34 AM »
I'll be getting a PS4 probably within two years, once there's a price drop, but not at launch. The RROD, YLOD and DRE have scared me off hardware launches.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Damaba

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2013, 09:49:25 AM »
I just upgraded to a PS3 about a year ago so I'm still working my way though titles like Bioshock, FF13, Shadow of the colossus, Journey, flower ect. Also coming from only owning a Wii, the graphics look amazing and most of these games are under 20 dollars!!! (used). With still great games coming out on PS3 and my investment in the Wiiu I wont be picking up a PS4 till a slim comes out.

Basking in the glory of nintendo. Friend code 3DS 4742-6653-4533 =Damaba=

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2013, 09:51:45 AM »
I was really down on the PS4 after Sony said they were cutting ties w/ the PS3 generation at the PS4 reveal, but between the Xbone's many issues and Sony's megaton-dropping last night....yeah, I pre-ordered a PS4 last night.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2013, 09:54:04 AM »
If I pre-order it, am I paying the 399 now, or is it not applied until release day?

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2013, 09:55:37 AM »
If I pre-order it, am I paying the 399 now, or is it not applied until release day?

Amazon doesn't charge you until the product ships.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline ymeegod

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2013, 09:56:16 AM »
I usually sit and wait a year after a console launches but I'm leaning towards preordering an PS4 just to give MS the royal finger.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2013, 11:02:01 AM »
I'm so glad that I traded in all those unwanted Wii games when I did. With the Amazon credit I received I'll be able to pick up a PS4 for £100!
Gouge away.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2013, 11:03:01 AM »
At launch? No. Down the road? A PS4
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline AnGer

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2013, 11:09:23 AM »
At launch? No. Down the road? A PS4
What he says.

Offline Do_What

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2013, 11:14:39 AM »
I'm not picking up any next gen system for a couple of years. But the PS4 has final fantasy and out of both console pressers that's the most interesting to me. I'm really not into shooters.
(╯°□°)╯︵ â”»â”â”»

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2013, 11:21:18 AM »
PS4 at launch.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2013, 11:22:50 AM »
I'll try to get a PS4 at launch if their not already gone.  My PS3 has been good to me as a Media Device working very long hours consistently for 6 years.  Its time to move him to the TV in my Bed room to hopefully keep him for BC (PS1-PS3).  May even do the Hard Drive upgrade.  That mean having the PS4 take over as the main media device in my house.  As long as it supports DLNA and everything that the PS3 did.

I'll also be picking up whatever cooling accessory I can find like I did with my PS3.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2013, 11:27:21 AM »
Limited budget and a huge backlog of games right now means that I'm not getting either at launch... but PS4 looked very appealing while XBone completely shat the bed in my opinion.

It will probably be a tough decision in a year or so between upgrading to a Wii U (backwards compatibility is appealing, and Nintendo exclusives really are hard to beat no matter how unoriginal they might be) and PS4.
NNID: ejamer

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2013, 03:21:03 PM »
Some solid exclusives in both lineups but really nothing to drive me to buy any of the other consoles.
Also seeing how many games will be also available on PC, makes the possibility of me buying them on consoles even more slim.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2013, 03:41:20 PM »
I would rather put $400 into beefing up my PC than invest in a PS4.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2013, 08:03:25 PM »
I preordered a PS4 yesterday on Amazon.  I'm still not sure if I'm going to keep the preorder though.  It depends on financials and if I can pull out some gift cards to drop the price a bit.   I'm also planning to get the Eye for the PS4 as I've already got 2 Move controllers.  So I would need that extra $69 or whatever the price is.