Author Topic: Nintendo Free Radio 71: Are You My Mummy  (Read 1395 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Nintendo Free Radio 71: Are You My Mummy
« on: February 17, 2016, 10:32:51 PM »
We'll get into it later as to why there's no GOTY show yet.
Download (Time: 3:43:00)

Giving new meaning to the concept of the New Year's hangover, this is the first of a few episodes to come out over the next few days for reasons we'll get into on the show. But we're back, and the GOTY will be out when the editor isn't engaged with the business end of power sanding.

The first New Business of 2016 opens with Donald's take on The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Hell of a way to start the year. Donald finds himself longing for a return to Lorule while simultaneously cursing motion controls. Stephen had a bang-up holiday with some amiibo gifts, but also got the lump of coal known as Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival. Just how bad is the game that if it wasn't free to play, Amazon's sure as hell trying to make it that way? Stephen then gives his co-hosts the quality bends with SteamWorld Heist (3DS) and Final Fantasy X (PS4, and now Donald has to complete the tridefecta). Austen has a few brief mentions, including a non-crap phone game, before being heavily disappointed by Trine 3, somewhat impressed with Assassin's Creed Syndicate (even if Unity was made by les incompetents) and somewhat nervous about Harmonix's Kickstarter-fueled Hail Mary, Amplitude.

The first Whatcha Watchin' segment of 2016 gets off to a rather shocking start before Stephen brings a touch of class to the proceedings with the Great British Bake-Off. Austen keeps it decidedly British with some more visits to Doctor Who, before Donald completely snaps and goes all megalomanical (more than usual) with Death Note. Watch as we take a podcast... AND EDIT IT.

The Feature discussion rang long - hell, the whole show did - but we have the "beloved" prediction segments. How many of Donald's already came true, and how badly were they proven wrong? Does Austen still think the NX is a hybrid for some reason? Why does Stephen want an oven that can play Doom? Plus, special bonus predictions from friend of the show and Listener Mail regular Jason Friedman. In the Mushrooms, we have warnings about house renovations, laments over lost dinosaurs, and Donald's summer travel plans. Hint: It involves a potential visit to The Price is Right (assuming they're taping on his day off).

Be sure to drop us a comment below, email us or Tweet us (@nfrpodcast) if you want to mock our predictions, Stephen's amiibo Festival, or anything else!

This podcast was recorded on January 10 and was edited by Donald Theriault.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 10:34:38 PM by Shaymin »
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.