Author Topic: Check Out Two LIVE Nintendo World Report Panels at TooManyGames 2014  (Read 1217 times)

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile

We're taking That Nintendo Year on the road with two panels at this Philadelphia show.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/sitenews/37924/check-out-two-live-nintendo-world-report-panels-at-toomanygames-2014

Nintendo World Report (along with our friends at Third Rate Minion) are heading out to rap about Nintendo games from 10 and 20 years ago at TooManyGames 2014, located outside of Philadelphia, PA at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center this weekend, June 27 to 29, 2014.

On Saturday June 28 at 3 p.m. ET, Neal Ronaghan, Addison Webb, and Alex and Tony Wanschura will discuss "1994: The Year of the Cartridge," a look back at the year in Nintendo that was 1994. Here's our fancy write-up on it: "Back in 1994, Nintendo was in the middle of the SNES and Game Boy heyday, though the future of the “Ultra 64″ and the Virtual Boy loomed. Join the staff of Nintendo World Report and Third Rate Minion as they talk about Nintendo’s games and news from 1994. Do they all remember Donkey Kong Country fondly? Is there that one guy there who doesn’t totally adore Super Metroid? Isn’t it crazy to think that NES games still came out in 1994?"

The following day at Noon ET, the gang will reconvene (this time with an additional panelist in Patrick Barnett) and talk about "2004: Blue Ocean Beginnings," which is focused on, you guessed it, 2004. Here's our write-up on that jazz: "For modern Nintendo, 2004 was a huge year. The DS launched, the Revolution (Wii) was first mentioned, and that Twilight Princess trailer that made people openly weep at E3 was revealed. Join the staff of Nintendo World Report and Third Rate Minion as they talk about Nintendo’s games and news from 2004. It was a year of transition rife with sequels such as Metroid Prime 2 and Pikmin 2 and remakes such as Metroid: Zero Mission, Super Mario 64 DS, and Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes. What do you remember fondly from this time?"

We'll also be around the show on both Saturday and Sunday. If you're in the Philadelphia area, swing by and hang out with us. You can still register and pick up a 3-day pass (show's open Friday, too!) for $30, a Saturday-only pass for $25, or a Sunday-only pass for $15.

It should be a pretty rad time. If you're coming down, be sure to tweet at Neal at @nron10. If you let him know beforehand, he might bring an E3 2014 Super Smash Bros. shirt for you. Maybe.

Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: Check Out Two LIVE Nintendo World Report Panels at TooManyGames 2014
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 10:17:16 AM »
Cool.
I hope it will all be recorded for later viewing and/or listening. Will you let us know?
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 02:40:12 PM »
Audio at a minimum.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 03:21:02 AM »
wow, y'know, I had barely heard of Too Many Games outside of maybe Youtuber SomeCallMeJohnny's experience with it, and it seemed like a relatively small thing, but this year I know -SO- many entities going to it...!

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 12:04:18 AM »
Well hot damn. I just bought my 3-day pass not 15 minutes before reading this. This just sweetens the deal. Looking forward to seeing you guys there!