Author Topic: Pokémon Black and White Sells 11.5 Million Copies Worldwide  (Read 919 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report

The fifth generation of Pokemon is a very successful affair.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/26161

In Nintendo's recent investors' meeting, the company confirmed that Pokémon Black and White, the fifth game set in the series, has sold 11.5 million copies worldwide.

In Japan, the game has sold 5.26 million copies since its release in September 2010. Overseas, the title sold 6.25 million units, 2.5 million of them coming from North America. The company pointed out that Black and White are the fastest-selling  Pokémon games, performing better than previous Pokémon DS titles.

Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon Black and White Sells 11.5 Million Copies Worldwide
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 02:21:50 AM »
Fairly definitive evidence that, whether you want them to or not, Nintendo is unlikely to radically reshape this franchise. It seems that people harp on about how conservative it is and how little has changed, then they proceed to buy it at full price.
Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Offline xcwarrior

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 07:53:22 AM »
Pretty sure I don't see much complaining outside of the podcasts about this franchise. They actually made A LOT of changes this generation, if you look at the details of the game. Could they have changed a few more things? Sure, but believe me, they changed more than enough.

I liked the menu system of Soul silver/Heart Gold better though, and we lost wifi Battle Tower. Those have been my only two minus that are at face value. I'd get into how there are hardly any hot spots for Special attack and special defense EV training, but that goes over people's heads...
Nintendo ID: XCWarrior
3DS code: 1289-8376-3350. PM me if you want to swap.
Steam and backloggery.com are also: XCWarrior

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 04:35:11 PM »
@xcwarrior

Special Attack: Celestial Tower. 100% chance to encounter Elgyem or Litwick. Both give +1 SpAtk EV.

Special Defense: Driftveil City, Surfing. 100% chance to encounter Frillish. Gives +1 SpDef EV.
                           Relic Castle, Volcarona's Room. 100% chance to encounter Claydol. Gives +2 SpDef EVs.

The real problem is the Defense EV hotspots. There's no place in the game with 100% chance of encountering something that gives Def EVs.

This handy little chart should help you if you like to EV train: http://zero456.com/ev-counter/