Author Topic: Episode 238: RFN Backstage Assault!  (Read 14500 times)

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 238: RFN Backstage Assault!
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2011, 12:19:58 PM »
Yeah, what should have been a secret final boss...not so much.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2011, 03:21:07 PM »
It's virtually impossible to screw yourself over in Pokemon. There is no random stat generation between levels, so the only reason you would ever worry about evolution is when considering what moves you want to learn. And with things like the move relearner, there is really no "optimal level" at which to evolve a pokemon. Also, TMs are now reusable, which makes it even easier to teach your pokemon good moves.

I do agree that the game does a poor job of teaching you these mechanics, but honestly anything works ingame. If you care enough about the more complex aspects of the game, you're probably using a guide anyway.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2011, 03:30:04 PM »
TM's are re-useable now.   Then what is the purpose of HMs??
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2011, 03:40:18 PM »
TM's are re-useable now.   Then what is the purpose of HMs??

To be keys to locked doors.

« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2011, 03:43:49 PM »
Yeah, but why can't we just overwrite them with another move? Gamefreak insists on keeping the tradition of the move deleter alive. Oh Gamefreak. They're moving in the right direction, but they're moving about 10 years slower than everyone would like them to.

Offline yoshi1001

• View Profile
    • PIRN-Pokemon Radio
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2011, 07:53:33 PM »
Jonny-The Big Lebowski may not be coming to Blu-Ray (at least in the US), but guess what is. The world is fair.  ;D
For Pokemon news and interviews, check us out at:

http://pokepress.blogspot.com/

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2011, 08:08:41 PM »
I remember when the original movie came out and I had to sneak to see it with my Dad where no one would catch me because I was in High School at the time and I also wanted the Mew card just to have it.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2011, 09:10:58 PM »
Jonny-The Big Lebowski may not be coming to Blu-Ray (at least in the US), but guess what is. The world is fair.  ;D

Hmm. Miramax has rights for the 4th (Celibi) movie and 6th (Jirachi) movie so I wonder why it's the 5th and 7th movie. Hmm, maybe the 4th one already has a Blu-Ray.
I'm tempted to get it if only in the hopes of color fixes to the 5th movie. However, the lack of the Japanese version is disappointing. Expected, but disappointing for my Japanophile heart. Oh, it's in 16:9? Hmm, I gotta dig up my DVD copy to see if/when they started having the widescreen version on DVD.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2011, 10:37:31 AM »
16:9 is widescreen on a DVD? I thought these days all movies are 2.35:1.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2011, 10:47:13 AM »
16:9 is widescreen on a DVD? I thought these days all movies are 2.35:1.

Annoys the snot out of me remember back when I first got my HD TV somethings would do 16:9 but know that HDTV's are more prevalent I get a bunch of Widescreen with black bars.