Author Topic: Please come to the funhouse, we want to talk to you. Thankyou.  (Read 47055 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
This is the PBS pledge drive. Receive a free tote bag!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: Please come to the funhouse, we want to talk to you. Thankyou.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 10:49:27 PM »
no free toke bag?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 11:00:38 PM »
We'll see, NWR debauchery club member number #4, we'll see...

Offline Scatt-Man

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 12:05:54 AM »
Sup, I'm a new shmuck. Seems ShyGuy's resorting to PMing peoples to get us in here. BUT WAIT, I was, and still am, a little confused. Was 'Heatmor's Name Changer House' formally known as 'The Funhouse'? Mayhaps the entirety of Ninty-Wurld Forums is the Funhouse, or just the Community Forums, where James is no longer allowed due to apparent lack of coolness. *Strokes stubble* I am in need of enlightening. Google reveals a few threads mentioning a house of funness, but I can't seem to find the forum subsection.  :Q

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 12:48:49 AM »
This is the Funhouse. The displayed name changes fairly regularly, whenever the mods feel like it, but we cool people still just refer to it as the Funhouse.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline roykoopa64

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 01:51:53 AM »
I got Shy Guy's PM too. So... what is this?
Fanático de Nintendo desde 1985

My Miiverse profile

Offline Scatt-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 01:59:58 AM »
Roy, it seems we were cool enough to be specifically selected to be put on display in such a fine public auditorium. We're the best of the best, buddy, so let's not let the crew down! *Feels important*

Then I too shall call it the Funhouse in the hopes that it'll help me pick up chicks with this newfound coolness flowing through my lavender-scented...stuff. Sorry, it's gone. SO HI THAR! Them John dudes sure can rap, am I right?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 02:04:18 AM »

It's not an initiation. There is no hazing allowed... anymore.

It's more of a rabbit hole that leads to a small room with a table in the middle. On top of that table is a vial with a label that says "Drink Me!".

The link in your PM was the rabbit hole, and you are now standing next to the table in the small room. The Funhouse is in that vial. Do you drink it?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2011, 02:07:38 AM »

It's more of a glory hole that leads to a small room with a table in the middle. On top of that wall is a graffiti in cursive that says "Drink Me!".

The link in your PM was the gloryhole, and you are now standing next to the table in the small room. The Funhouse is that vile.  Do you drink it?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Scatt-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2011, 02:08:32 AM »

It's more of a rabbit hole that leads to a small room with a table in the middle. On top of that table is a vial with a label that says "Drink Me!".

The link in your PM was the rabbit hole, and you are now standing next to the table in the small room. The Funhouse is in that vial. Do you drink it?

The red pill.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2011, 02:10:18 AM »
If you want to get a feel for what the Funhouse is, you should read through the Rules of the Funhouse Thread. It starts off with a post outlining the basic philosophy of the forum, and then continues as a great example of the kind of stuff we do here. Remember, always follow rule number one:

Everything within the FUNHOUSE is to be taken as a joke
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2011, 03:24:53 AM »
Hello everyone and welcome. Tell us about yourselves. Any wacky adventures this week?

Offline Scatt-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2011, 04:33:11 AM »
My name's Wikipedia McFluffers, and I enjoy walking for teh exercise. Podcasts are good listening material, but I started my RFN career long before this exercising binge started. Greg's voice is so soothing...it knocks me out quick-smart. Oh, and if any of you podcast masters are reading this, and get the chance to sometime talk to Craig Harris, could you apologise to him for me about that Babbage's question on the live podcast? T'was just a little joke that I hope didn't annoy him too greatly. I donated $5 for it, so at least some good came from it. Digress FTW.

I like to complain about Nintendo of Australia a lot, makin' me wait ages for English games 'n such. SRSLY!

End.

Offline King Bowser Koopa

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2011, 05:47:50 AM »
Adventures, eh? I live in Australia and I was confronted by one of our infamous "Health-Bar Spiders" the other day. It was unpleasant for all concerned. In fact, it managed to eat a few people before it was subdued.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 08:17:54 AM by King Bowser Koopa »
Andrew Brown - NWR Australia Correspondent

Offline Razorkid

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2011, 10:52:21 AM »
I have found that one cannot eat enough pie (particularly strawberry-rhubarb ;D )
"All the world is blind to my passing..."

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2011, 12:19:04 PM »
Scatt-Man, James Jones aka Crimm is our legal guardian and I'm sure he will come in the Funhouse and yell at everyone once he gets back from PAX East. He can probably get you message to Cranky Craig.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2011, 12:19:43 PM »
Australian Staff? Did you get flood earlier this year? Do you know Infernal Monkey? Tell me more about this spider.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2011, 12:20:38 PM »
Razorkid, when I was a kid there just seemed to be rhubarb pie. Somewhere along the way it switched to strawberry rhubarb. My mom used to grow and can her own rhurbarb.

Offline Razorkid

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2011, 01:12:28 PM »
I still make rhubarb squares which are so delicious! I can't wait for the summer to get here!
"All the world is blind to my passing..."

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2011, 03:11:41 PM »
I received nothing.

Offline Tansunn

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2011, 04:07:45 PM »
I got this PM.  What is this place and why am I wanted?

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2011, 07:15:35 PM »
Would you rather go back to being unwanted?

Offline Tansunn

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2011, 07:21:35 PM »
I can't answer that because I don't know what this is all about.

Offline Scatt-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2011, 08:01:48 PM »
'Tis just a muck-around forum, mate. There are sections to talk about games here too, so I'm sold.

Infernal Monkey? YAR! Aussie-Nintendo Forums is one of my 'hanging out to be cool' spots, and he's an...admin or something there. He probably wouldn't know me if you mentioned me to him though due to my measly 600-odd post count. Pathetic.

My mom used to grow and can her own rhurbarb.
It's my dream to someday grow and my own rhurbarb. But not for pie, as pies should only contain meat fillings. You crazy Americans. We do have apple pies and...red flavoured pies, but meat pies are consumed way more. Steak and egg? Cheese and bacon? It's all offal anyway, but it's delicious offal. Best intestines EVAR!

Shyggies, Queensland got the floods after a really bad drought (NE Aus), then a cyclone shortly after. Western Australia (W Aus :-3) got the fires I think, I dunno, I don't watch the TV anymore. Victoria (SE Aus) got really bad fires a year or two ago which killed lots of people. I live in New South Wales (E Aus), right around Sydney, which is the capitol of Australia, as everyone knows... 'Tis just common knowledge. We had Oprah here a few months back, so that's a cyclone of sorts. Millions dead serious about their appreciation of Oprah.

*EDIT*

I guess my Oprah comment was uncalled for. I now have a minus against my name. *Ctrl+X wrists*

*MOAR EDITS*

Health Bar Spiders (Final Fantius Freakin' Huegious) are quite common in Australia, their native homeland, and are quite distinguishable by their hueg size. So huge, infact, that they have health bars akin to those in Final Fantasy games above their heads. Hunters despise them, however, due to the fact that once the killing blow has been made, the carcase vanashes. Scientists believe that they pass on over into another dimension (Dimension X), where Krang is still on his desperate quest to retrieve his bawwwdy. TMNT TMNT TMNT HIaH-S TURTLE POWER! Yeah, I freakin' hate spiders too, bud.
:'(
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 09:43:44 PM by Scatt-Man »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2011, 11:25:36 PM »
Plugabugz you didn't get a message because your old and used up. The funhouse wants them with low post counts.