Author Topic: Mandoverse: Disney's Other 'Cinematic Universe'  (Read 54369 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Mandoverse: Disney's Other 'Cinematic Universe'
« on: January 25, 2021, 05:41:11 PM »
Figure it will be worth starting a thread for the new Star Wars "Mandalorian Cinematic Universe" shows like we have for Marvel.

Anyone else been enjoying Mando and excited for the new series of shows? I'm pumped to see the build up towards Thrawn and on the hype train for seeing Heir to the Empire come out of it.

Also hoping to see the rise and rebirth of the Mandalorians seeing them become a power in the galaxy once again. This was covered much later in the old EU novels but having them rise up sooner could make for some great conflicts between them and the Imperial Remnant and the New Republic, as well as an introduction to the Chiss Ascendancy.

Also hoping to see Rogue Squadron be a telling of the taking of Coruscant, since that occurred during the Rogue Squadron books.

What hopes and theories do you all have for the new Star Wars shows?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: Mandoverse: Disney's Other 'Cinematic Universe'
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 09:44:43 PM »
You won't see Heir to the Empire Thrawn in the Disney Star Wars television universe. Disney's version of Thrawn already spent 2 years getting consistently beaten by Ezra Bridger on Star Wars Rebels. He's still a good villain on that show, but the childish nature of that show means that he's not on par with his original book counterpart.

Seriously, if you want to see where Mandalorian's going, go watch The Clone Wars & Rebels. They cover ALL this Mandalorian stuff going on in the current show, and they are Disney Canon.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 10:44:48 PM »
There's a way they could do it though. His flogging by Ezra (the least interesting Jedi character I've ever seen in video in my opinion) by the space whales causes him to become far more ruthless in his future endeavours.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2021, 01:50:50 AM »
The thing is...just because he was introduced in a Children's show it doesn't mean they are going to keep him in that format of villian weakness.  And actually he was appropriately cool and evil in a new and different Star Wars way.  I think they can and will make him a good villain.

That said, this isn't really a new universe, but maybe, just maybe they will give the Manadaloran team enough freedom to do something really cool...maybe in re-write this universe or at least the ending of Star Wars Saga.  That would be nice. 

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2021, 12:27:35 PM »
Thrawn never properly failed in his role and was always a step ahead of the Rebels; it was always his underlings who botched or ignored his orders and cost the win, other than the space whale ending which I disliked.

And sure, Mando S3 will most likely be the retaking of Mandalore, but that is one show out of at least three that will lead to something bigger with Thrawn at the center of it.
My Game Collection

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2021, 02:49:22 PM »
Thrawn never properly failed in his role and was always a step ahead of the Rebels; it was always his underlings who botched or ignored his orders and cost the win, other than the space whale ending which I disliked.

And sure, Mando S3 will most likely be the retaking of Mandalore, but that is one show out of at least three that will lead to something bigger with Thrawn at the center of it.

I completely agree with both points. I enjoyed Rebels more than Clone Wars. That B-Swing episode really stuck out to me and I just adore it. But that space whale ending let it down something fierce. Just came completely out of nowhere. However the bright side was that it removed Ezra from everything. I think he was by far the least interesting character in the show.

And yeah, the retaking of Mandalore will also be the catalyst to the helmet and armour coming off full time. He's now been exposed to the concept of the non-radical Mandalorians via Bo-Katan. They've been hinting at it for a while.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2021, 06:41:28 PM »
I think the real challenge with Mando removing the helmet/armor will be when attempting to unite the different Mandalorian factions. He is the key to getting the Death Watch/Children of the Watch to join the fight and they may very well reject him because he no longer 'has honor' in their eyes. Its been easy enough for Mando to break down his walls and perceptions when being isolated from others that thought him and thought the same, but with Grogu out of the picture (temporarily) he'll potentially caught between various Mandalorian cultures. I'm expecting we'll see all of the various clans reuniting, including long-lost clans and ones we've not gotten to see yet.
My Game Collection

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2021, 12:55:22 AM »
So Book of Boba Fett finished filming, and wording of crew memorabilia seem to indicate it is a first season, would may mean we'll get more in the future as well.

I completely agree with both points. I enjoyed Rebels more than Clone Wars. That B-Swing episode really stuck out to me and I just adore it. But that space whale ending let it down something fierce. Just came completely out of nowhere. However the bright side was that it removed Ezra from everything. I think he was by far the least interesting character in the show.

An interesting thought I read elsewhere was that Kalani (sp?) the Tactical droid and it's Separatist droids should have been the surprise to show up and save them from Thrawn. I'd have rather seen Thrawn actually fail and be shamed into exile by Palpatine to line up more with what happened to him in the EU, but either way the goal of getting him out of the picture was achieved, space whales or not.
My Game Collection