Author Topic: Sheik, Ruto, and Darunia are Playable in Hyrule Warriors  (Read 2648 times)

Sheik, Ruto, and Darunia are Playable in Hyrule Warriors
« on: July 22, 2014, 09:40:02 AM »

A trio of Ocarina of Time representatives have been revealed for the game, along with the return of Golden Skulltulas.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/38125/sheik-ruto-and-darunia-are-playable-in-hyrule-warriors

Key Ocarina of Time cast members Sheik, Ruto, and Darunia have been confirmed by Famitsu as playable characters in the upcoming Wii U title, Hyrule Warriors.

Sheik, of course, is well-known as Zelda’s alter ego and has featured prominently in the Smash Bros. series, but these will be the first playable appearances for the other newly-confirmed battlers. Ruto is Ocarina of Time’s Princess of the Zoras, while Darunia is the leader of the Gorons. There are currently scant details regarding the characters’ weapons or unique play characteristics, though this info will likely roll out in the coming days.

There is a bit of news in the Famitsu article regarding the return of Golden Skulltulas as collectibles in the new game, though specifics regarding their acquisition or effects remain unknown.

Hyrule Warriors releases in Japan on August 14, then in Europe and America on September 19 and 26, respectively. Check out the latest Japanese gameplay trailer, featuring Link wielding the Power Gloves and Ball & Chain, below.

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
Re: Sheik, Ruto, and Darunia are Playable in Hyrule Warriors
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 04:46:31 PM »
Kind of disapointed that trailer doesn't show any of new characters mentioned in the article. Regardless I hope Darunia can use the MEGATON HAMMER !!

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 07:28:04 PM »
Finally another male character. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all the female characters, but it would have been rather dull just to have one male character.
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 09:24:42 PM »
I assume this takes place in the "Blender Timeline" - where all the previous time lines were thrown into a blender? :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 09:38:01 PM »
Sheik and Impa together seems like a bit of a waste.

Finally another male character. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all the female characters, but it would have been rather dull just to have one male character.
Well team ninja picked a second male who they can still give Jiggle Physics to so yeah.

Offline NeoStar9X

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 12:14:49 AM »
They're doing a great job of causing to me to look forward to this game even more with each new trailer and reveal.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 02:44:47 AM »

Well I've heard most of the Warrior games allow the villains to also be playable, so the villain characters we've already seen so far like Zant, Ghirahim and the eventual Ganondorf should also end up playable as well.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 03:44:55 AM »
Kind of disapointed that trailer doesn't show any of new characters mentioned in the article. Regardless I hope Darunia can use the MEGATON HAMMER !!

That trailer was put out before the magazine. They're actually unrelated.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2014, 11:00:07 AM »
Honestly I see why the coupled the power glove and the Ball and Chain.  I'm just sad it looks like you can use the ball as a Shield like you could in TP.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2014, 04:01:14 PM »
I want this roster in a Zelda Smash Brothers, but I guess this'll have to do.