Author Topic: Watch_Dogs officially delayed... on Wii U  (Read 50589 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: Watch_Dogs officially delayed... on Wii U
« Reply #100 on: August 26, 2014, 01:21:43 AM »
As I put the cart before the horse, it's been reported that Watch-Dogs 2 would take place in Camden,
Yay!

NJ
Boo!
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 26, 2014, 02:27:46 AM »
What are the odds Watch Dogs 2 gets released for Wii U?

Somewhere between 0 and never going to happen.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 26, 2014, 09:31:11 AM »
What are the odds Watch Dogs 2 gets released for Wii U?

If Watch Dogs 1 ever releases for WiiU and its priced at 39.99 instead of 59.99 and it sell more than 250,000 copies and is more cohesive than the other versions AND "God wills it" then I would but the chances at about 39.5%

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 26, 2014, 12:12:37 PM »
I think Watch Dogs 1 has been unofficially cancelled for the Wii U so Watch Dogs 2 ain't ever coming.  Ubisoft said that they weren't going to release mature games on the Wii U unless things improved so you could see that as officially confirmation of Watch Dogs 2 not being released on the Wii U.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 26, 2014, 04:10:10 PM »
In the last Nintendo Sizzle reel, from about 3 weeks ago they still showed Watch Dogs included. I'm with Ian on this and I think it has been quietly canned but who knows...

...a quick check of the "Release Calendar" on Nintendo.com shows NOTHING ABOUT WATCH_DOGS.  It does have every other announced game on there so

"it's dead Jim"

« Reply #105 on: August 26, 2014, 11:27:50 PM »
I don't know how reliable their website is, they had Aliens: Colonial Marines listed as available long after it had already been canceled. When first researching Wii U that was the first place I went for games on the system and it was a big mess at least at that time.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 27, 2014, 01:42:27 PM »
If we don't have it by the end of the year it is for sure dead. If we don't have it by February then it is certainly dead. Unless...this is one of the games they have complete and are "holding it for when the Wii U gets more users". So we could get a surprise release down the road if Nintendo does something to help them along.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 30, 2014, 09:32:34 PM »
Watchdogs is listed in the Wii U Uplay app.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2014, 12:11:25 PM »
November 18 is the date for you to finally not buy Watch_Dogs on Wii U.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2014, 12:34:06 PM »
Well I'll be a son of a nasty word, it's actually coming out. Just saw the Press release. Still have not seen ANY footage of this game and that worries me but the interactive map functions  and off tv play intrigue me. I hope it does well enough to keep Ubisoft on board in a small capacity.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2014, 12:54:41 PM »
So it is getting released?  Well, I wasn't expecting that so I guess it was nice that Ubisoft wasn't lying.  Though I figure they'll now make decisions about Wii U support based on the game's sales even though Watch_Dogs is already available on every non-Nintendo console you can find in stores and I presume that the only people that wanted it and haven't bought it already are either waiting for the price to go down (which will occur on the other systems before the Wii U) or only own a Wii U.  Delaying only the Wii U version has probably slashed the potential sales significantly.

Now it doesn't really matter to Ubisoft what version they sell to you.  So you didn't buy the Wii U version because of the delay but got the PS3 version instead?  Who cares?  You wouldn't have bought the PS3 version if you got the Wii U one so there's no lost or gained sale.  Is Ubisoft smart enough to know that?  If they see the Wii U version as just bonus money, picking up a few scraps from Nintendo-only users then they have realistic expectations.  If they expect some big untapped market to go nuts for the title, they're idiots.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2014, 02:56:47 PM »
This is like a mini Duke Nukem Forever. We'll see if it actually does release.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 10, 2014, 07:58:24 PM »
This title has been downgraded from "day one" to "under $20 bargain bin" on my list. Much more interesting and important titles on the horizon for my limited dollars.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 10, 2014, 09:48:02 PM »
This title has been downgraded from "day one" to "under $20 bargain bin" on my list. Much more interesting and important titles on the horizon for my limited dollars.

How Ian Sane of you.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline NeoStar9X

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 10, 2014, 10:11:54 PM »
Took them long enough to set a date. Surprised they didn't just cancel it. Now to see what the game actually looks like. Already it seems there is nothing interesting other then the map on the gamepad and off tv play. I know some people are going to buy this full price. I wish they wouldn't but can't stop that.

There was a time when I really wanted the game. Looking forward to it but that's no longer the case. I might still grab it when the price bottoms out and is below $20 as I'm still somewhat interested it. There are other games I'm far more interested in and I feel are more deserving of my money this Fall.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 10:14:29 PM by NeoStar9X »

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #115 on: September 10, 2014, 10:14:04 PM »
Unless four million people accidentally buy this when Smash releases 3 days later, there's no decisions to be made. As far as "serious game" support from Ubi goes on Wii U, this is it.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 11, 2014, 01:16:42 AM »
Well, I'm getting it!

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 11, 2014, 01:36:18 AM »
I'll be so happy when I graduate in December and can finally play video games. I'll probably get Watch_Dogs for PS4.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 11, 2014, 02:06:07 PM »
As I told my Boss.  If this is not $30 its just being sent to die.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 11, 2014, 04:20:36 PM »
It's being sent to die regardless of its price. Ubisoft's been pretty clear that this is the last core gamer title the system's going to get without a massive sales turnaround.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 11, 2014, 08:59:56 PM »

How Ian Sane of you.
This game is a scam targeting rubes who are too clueless to know the game is also available on the other systems, likely at a cheaper price. If they find success with this then I'm worried that games I actually care about will get infected with it. Releasing late ports is a very dangerous trend in videogames lately. The only way to protect my games is that stuff like this fails miserably. I'm sure it'll be in bargain bins by next year and that's when I'll buy it.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 11, 2014, 11:25:43 PM »
     Could we be wrong about this game? Although late, it very well could be the best version of the game. I like many have been quick to jump on this game but some of that is simply UBisofts attitude toward the Wii U. Deus Ex and Need for Speed both were late but both were better than their PS360 counterparts. Maybe the "mature" swan song could be awesome.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 25, 2014, 09:07:08 AM »
It could end up being the best version. That has happened with a few games on Wii U where the (late) ports actually did offer some meaningful improvements.

But the Wii U version receiving no DLC or extra content has (apparently) been confirmed via the Watch Dogs twitter account. We'll have to wait and see exactly how accurate that report is, but it's unfortunate if true.
That said, a lack of DLC doesn't typically hurt my interest in a game. It's pretty rare that I spring for paid DLC unless I really love a game, so having only the base campaign is usually enough for me.

What does hurt is the fact that Watch Dogs on Wii U is releasing months late, presumably at full price, with no marketing push, and after getting middling reviews on all other platforms. Is it worth paying extra for the best version of a mediocre game?
 :confused;
NNID: ejamer

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 25, 2014, 09:22:30 AM »
The best version of the game was already released on PS4 and PC. The Wii U version gets a map on the Gamepad and off-screen play. Such wow, so enhance.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 25, 2014, 11:33:06 AM »
The best version of the game was already released on PS4 and PC. The Wii U version gets a map on the Gamepad and off-screen play. Such wow, so enhance.

Until it gets released, I'm willing to believe there is a chance that the Wii U version will be the best version. Your lack of interest/excitement will probably be justified though.
NNID: ejamer