Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1537916 times)

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2009, 04:23:26 PM »
the joke scene was in the special features of T3, they should not have cut it out of the movie(t3) since its hilarious.

Ah so thats where i heard it from, i was just confused about it. Thanks for clearing that up.

Up 8/10. A truly beautiful movie both visually and emotionally. It also had some great humor (I loved the talking dogs, the parody was great). Not as great as Wall-E but few movies, IMO, can even close to matching Wall-E.

I'd rate it the same. I just saw it a few hours ago and i loved it. Never did see Wall-E though... so i cant compare the two.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2009, 04:33:02 PM »
Transformers 2 - 6.5

If you want to see big fucking robots break each other's neck, then this is the movie to watch. However, if you like stories with your movies, this movie isn't for you.

P.S. Megan Fox is hot. That is all.

black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2009, 05:55:35 PM »
Transformers 2: 7.

A film by Michael Bay. Lots of big boom. End.

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2009, 07:10:49 PM »
Going The Distance
3/5
Caught it on Comedy Central the other day.  I usually hate these teen movies, but there was something oddly compelling about watching a group of idiots with Finish chicks in an RV traveling to Canada while being stalked by a stereotypical Indian man.
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2009, 11:45:35 PM »
Here is a site that might interest you guys
http://www.flickchart.com/

It pits movies up against each other 1  vs 1 and you choose which one you like better. Then you can create you favorites/all -time best/movie of the forever list and compare it with others. They are even hoping to integrate Netflix into it so you can add movies you haven't seen directly into your queue.

If you want more info you can look here.

I haven't signed up yet, but if they get the Netflix part working, then I will probably get on it right away.

Offline grantimus

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
    • Operation Rainfall
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2009, 09:04:44 PM »
I watched a couple of movies today.

Gran Torino: 9/10 Great story, lovable racist old prick main character, a great ending.  Not "Dirty Harry in retirement" like so many people said, and that's a good thing.

The Usual Suspects: 7.5/10  Never really drew me in, and I could guess the end halfway through, but still a decent movie.
Now Playing: Mega Man 3, Mario & Luigi Partners in Time
Go Cardinals!
Nintendo is my girlfriend, except for my real girlfriend

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2009, 09:29:28 PM »
Transformers 2- 6

Good for what it was, explosions.... Then some parts with Megan Fox bumped it up a few points too.... You get to see her change in one part for no reason. But I didn't complain about that.....

But what the hell, they walked into the Air and Space museum in Washington DC and they walk out the back door into an air field surrounded by mountains??!!?!?!?! Seriously....
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2009, 02:52:08 AM »
I watched a couple of movies today.

Gran Torino: 9/10 Great story, lovable racist old prick main character, a great ending.  Not "Dirty Harry in retirement" like so many people said, and that's a good thing.

The Usual Suspects: 7.5/10  Never really drew me in, and I could guess the end halfway through, but still a decent movie.

LOVED Gran Torino
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2009, 03:27:38 AM »
Transformers 2: 8.5

As a fan of the first I loved the second as well because you had much more bantor amongst the Transformers, not to mention Megatron and Starscream at each other's necks was classic stuff (especially the last dialogue from the two was classic G1 stuff). Very enjoyable movie all around, it is what I expected from the sequel. While I loved the first I felt there was too much humans and not enough transformer dialogue or interaction, this made up for that. IMO, you don't get much better when it comes to a flat out action movie.

Grand Torino: 9

Even though I don't like Clint Eastwood much this was a pretty powerful movie all around.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2009, 10:55:25 AM »
Gran Torino: 10

Dirty Harry: 8

Magnum Force: 8

The Enforcer: 7

Sudden Impact: 6

The Dead Pool: 8
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 01:45:16 PM by Caliban »

Offline Patchkid15

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2009, 11:00:45 AM »
Night at The Museum 2:  6

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2009, 12:02:22 PM »
Dante 01: three and half stars

French "Sci-Fi" film, more of a Christian Allegory than Sci-Fi though. Ends abruptly.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2009, 11:46:35 AM »
Batman & Robin en espaƱol. 9/10.  Way better than watching it in English.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2009, 11:56:30 AM »
Look: 7/10

This movie actually surprised me and turned out to be alot more interesting than I thought it would be, considering that it is shot entirely from cameras that would capture you on a daily basis. ie Security camera, ATM camera, someone elses cellphone, etc. etc..
At first it seemingly had no real plot, as it just seem to make you aware of how many times a you are actually caught on camera everyday, but in the end it tied it all together nicely.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2009, 01:31:15 PM »

haha i saw that too! I watched the whole poison ivy scene (her entrance at that ball) and couldn't stop laughing.. its one long scene where she's coming outta that stupid looking gorilla suit and strips down, falls of stage to get caught by her man-slaves and walks aaaalll the way to batman & robin, then introduces herself and then... LAFFO
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2009, 02:48:05 PM »
Knowing: 8.9999999999

The plot of knowing is contrived, but the way the movie goes about it is excellent. It isn't the smartest movie, but it is enjoyable to watch.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2009, 02:57:36 PM »

haha i saw that too! I watched the whole poison ivy scene (her entrance at that ball) and couldn't stop laughing.. its one long scene where she's coming outta that stupid looking gorilla suit and strips down, falls of stage to get caught by her man-slaves and walks aaaalll the way to batman & robin, then introduces herself and then... LAFFO

It's such a horrible movie.  At least it's amusing in Spanish.  I wonder if Mexicans watch it in English to be amused...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2009, 03:10:47 PM »

This movie actually surprised me and turned out to be alot more interesting than I thought it would be, considering that it is shot entirely from cameras that would capture you on a daily basis. ie Security camera, ATM camera, someone elses cellphone, etc. etc..
At first it seemingly had no real plot, as it just seem to make you aware of how many times a you are actually caught on camera everyday, but in the end it tied it all together nicely.

Just wanted to add that I 1st heard about this movie when someone was interviewing the director. There is a cop scene in the movie that almost got everyone arrested.

There is a scene where a CHP (California Highway Patrol) pulls over this car on the freeway, the cop ask for license and registration and the guy insist that it is in his trunk. A fight breaks out between the cop and the guy on the side of the freeway, and ultimately ends with the cop being shot.

During the filming, a passerbyer saw the cop getting beat up (remember that this is filmed only using existing cameras<no film crew>, so this scene is done through the dash cam on the cop car) and called 911 so that the cop could get some assistance. The police helicopter was on the scene within minutes, shining its spot light on the scene. They tried to edit out the spot light, but you can still see it in some of the quick cuts of the scene.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2009, 03:25:17 PM »

Just wanted to add that I 1st heard about this movie when someone was interviewing the director. There is a cop scene in the movie that almost got everyone arrested.

There is a scene where a CHP (California Highway Patrol) pulls over this car on the freeway, the cop ask for license and registration and the guy insist that it is in his trunk. A fight breaks out between the cop and the guy on the side of the freeway, and ultimately ends with the cop being shot.

During the filming, a passerbyer saw the cop getting beat up (remember that this is filmed only using existing cameras<no film crew>, so this scene is done through the dash cam on the cop car) and called 911 so that the cop could get some assistance. The police helicopter was on the scene within minutes, shining its spot light on the scene. They tried to edit out the spot light, but you can still see it in some of the quick cuts of the scene.

Sounds really interesting, i'll have to check it out.

It's such a horrible movie.  At least it's amusing in Spanish.  I wonder if Mexicans watch it in English to be amused...

just mexicans?

Last movie i saw was:

The Heartbreak Kid (which is appearantly a remake)
i'd say 7/10

I found it pretty cheap at a best buy, its something i've been looking for for some time now.. i remembered it being funny when i saw it in theatres and felt like i had to watch it again.

It wasn't as hysterical as i remembered it being, but i think i'm just used to a different style comedy now (I recently purchased a sweet Judd Apatow boxset for $20 containing 40yo Virgin, Knocked up, Forgetting Sarah Marshall), and the movie felt really slow paced compared to the other comedies i've been watching. Still though, its not the kind of movie i see myself rewatching very often.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2009, 12:28:53 AM »
Last movie I saw was...

Up: 9.5

UP.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2009, 12:41:32 AM »
S. Darko...... 3.5/10

Just as bad as the first, only predictable since the same thing happened the 1st time.
Just like the 1st movie 70% of this movie never happened.
If it wasn't for netflix, I would be demanding some sort of money back, but now I just tell all the rest of you, don't bother.
Even if you like the first one.... don't bother.

p.s. Elizabeth Berkeley is in it, Jessie from Saved by the Bell. 3 scenes 2 lines... how her career has fallen.... showgirls ::smh::

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2009, 09:05:00 AM »
This is completely unrelated, and excuse me for possibly derailing the thread but while we're on the subject of Saved By The Bell cast members and their lackluster career's...

Did anyone see the clip of Mark Paul Gossler (sp?) aka Zack Morris on, i believe it was the letterman show? I didn't get to see it myself because video wasn't working at the time and it was one of those yahoo links that dissappears after a day.. but appearantly he was on Dave's show and did the whole interview AS Zach Morris.. He cut his hair (maybe it was a wig?) to his bleach blonde Zach atyle, wore the classic blue jeans and brightly colored tee. I wish i saw it cuz that woulda been awesome/weird to see. Anyone else catch it?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2009, 10:56:42 AM »
I found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awxXPSQ5E0k

Zack Morris on Jimmy Fallon. & Jimmy is trying to put together a Saved by the Bell Class reunion (just missing Lisa Turtle & Screech).
The sketch had potential, but unfortunately Jimmy isn't funny. He just seems so awkward & uncomfortable as a host.
His comedic timing & delivery isn't really there. This clip might have been much funnier on Conan though.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2009, 11:13:01 AM »
Anyone giving Transfromers over a 2 obviously wasn't watching the same movie as I was.

Anyway I saw The Hangover recently, and I was completely surprised by how much I enjoyed it. From the commercials showing I was expecting the worst and I only saw it because someone else was paying. Luckily in a situation that is almost the complete reverse of any other film, the showed all the worst bits in the commercials. It's like they were trying to lure all the retards in with the horribly broad jokes on the odds then educate them with good comedy in the film.

It's the same thing that happened with Knocked Up and The 40 Year Old Virgin. While The Hangover is no where near as good as either of these movies, it is a good laugh. 7/10.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2009, 11:16:18 AM »
I found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awxXPSQ5E0k

Zack Morris on Jimmy Fallon. & Jimmy is trying to put together a Saved by the Bell Class reunion (just missing Lisa Turtle & Screech).
The sketch had potential, but unfortunately Jimmy isn't funny. He just seems so awkward & uncomfortable as a host.
His comedic timing & delivery isn't really there. This clip might have been much funnier on Conan though.

Yeah that was it, not sure why i thought Letterman.