Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 674545 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto
« Reply #2625 on: April 19, 2021, 11:42:30 PM »
That Boy Curry!!! Whoooo.

He got a helluva run going right now.
11 games in a row over 30 pts
in the last 10 games has made an NBA Record 72 3pts
He's working around double teams, and splitting 3-4 defenders to get to the rim.
I think in the las 4 or 5 games has 3 games over 10 3ptrs made.
In the last week, has made more 3 pointers than at least 4 whole NBA teams

If Curry (and Dray) can drag this team to a playoff position, MVP better be in play.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: April 19, 2021, 11:57:32 PM »
If Curry (and Dray) can drag this team to a playoff position, MVP better be in play.
Settle down.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: April 20, 2021, 12:33:13 AM »
Settle down.

I just mean he becomes a part of that Top 5 MVP Candidate conversation.
Not saying he is a clear favorite to win it, just in the running for a mentions in the conversation.

BTW:

Recognition in the moments of greatness. That's all we looking for.

If Curry can carry the Warriors out of the Play-in and it to the Playoffs.... that is certainly worthy of something. This team is trash w/o him (and Dray) on the court.

Luckily the remainder of our schedule is pretty easy if we continue to play good.
if all goes really well.... who knows... 11-3 / 10-4 !?

We're technically only 3 games back on Portland, but the 3 teams ahead of us have played 2 less games than us.... so who knows how that plays out.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 12:37:47 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2628 on: April 24, 2021, 01:47:58 AM »
I mean Steph is pretty amazing on what he is doing this season. Just putting the team on his back and just winning.  Fighting into the play in tourney and winning versus what many consider the MVP in Jokic tonight.

Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: April 24, 2021, 09:54:08 AM »
I think 11-3 or 10-4 is not an unrealistic outcome of those remaining Warrior games, considering the schedule you have there. I think the Warriors lose those games against the Jazz; Suns; and possibly one of the Nuggets and Pelicans games. It's difficult to beat any team in the NBA practically 3 times in a row.

On the flipside, it's also rather ridiculous to expect Curry to bail out the rest of the team 10-11 more times the rest of the season, so who knows.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: April 24, 2021, 10:19:42 AM »
I'm hoping the Warriors can do more of what they did last night, minus all the damn turnovers.
Jordan Poole was out there trying to be Steph-like, and since he was actually making ****, I was liking it. His confidence was always there, but now that he is actually playing well (I think it's the new haircut), he looks so much better than the last 2 seasons.

JTA is a nice player, and Mulder "is that Curry :squints:, nope that ain't Curry" is doing all right.
Oubre finding his groove in this team, and I really like Oubre, I'm hoping he sticks around, we just need to train him be more aware of a possible Curry pop-out and not always running in for his.
Getting Curry hot creates more open opportunities for the whole team, and then vice versa.

Dray just need to stay on a steady diet of LAYUP DRILLS in practice, and otherwise, just keep doing what he doing. We don't really need him to score, but when Dray has the opportunity, he shouldn't ne missing layups.... it's so damn embarrassing. Especially when the game comes down to the 2-3 missed Draymond layups making a difference.
The main difference, and one Kerr needs to keep them on is STICKING AROUND FOR THE DAMN REBOUND. I feel that's the difference in us winning so many of the games we eventually lose, is that we all retreat to get back the moment the shot goes up.
If 2 Warriors actively either stuck around, as the ball may actually go right to them, or box someone out in the paint, we get 2nd and possibly 3rd chance attempts. It makes all the difference down the stretch. We need more games where we try to get rebounds, especially offensive ones.

I feel if we can win the majority of these last games, we have a chance at the 6 seed and missing the Play-in Tourney. Our last 3 wins were all winnable games, and some of them we were even leading leading up to the final minutes. rebounds and 2nd chance attempts would've have likely won those games.

I mean Steph is pretty amazing on what he is doing this season. Just putting the team on his back and just winning.  Fighting into the play in tourney and winning versus what many consider the MVP in Jokic tonight.

I haven't watched all the teams play regularly, but I'm not saying Steph should be the front runner and favorite to win the MVP, just that he should be in the conversation. Hopefully he wins the scoring title though.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 10:32:45 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: April 27, 2021, 10:39:04 PM »
Goddammit, I really need a Warriors win tonight (playoff implications for Lakers and Warriors). I’m not watching the game, but I checked the box score, and they scored 29 points in the first half and are down by 43 points. Didn’t Klay Thompson once score 37 points in a quarter?

I’m hoping for theyhadusinthefirsthalfnotgonnalie.gif.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2632 on: April 30, 2021, 07:06:55 PM »
LeBron James if he is good to go during warmups he is expected to go tonight versus the Kings. Last 10 games of the season for the Lakers.  Kings, Raptors, Nuggets, Clippers, TrailBlazers, Suns, Knicks, Rockets, Pacers and finally the Pelicans. That Nuggets to Suns stretch will be tough but more winnable with LeBron back.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: May 01, 2021, 01:01:26 AM »
LOL. These f-ing clown shoes lost another season series to a bottom feeding lottery team. They really want to be in the play in tournament. **** around and find out, guys.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: May 01, 2021, 09:22:14 AM »
LOL. These f-ing clown shoes lost another season series to a bottom feeding lottery team. They really want to be in the play in tournament. **** around and find out, guys.

Hey, if they're lucky, they'll run into the Jazz in the 1st round and sweep them. Clown shoes for all.  :rolleyes:

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: May 01, 2021, 08:22:25 PM »
Haha. I'm assuming y'all using about the Lakers.
I was watching the Warriors game right now, and since we seen to be trying to not make the play in at the moment, I'll just celebrate the previous month Curry had as an individual...

Great month for the man as an individual. MVP conversation of the table, but other accolades may be coming.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: May 03, 2021, 04:21:05 PM »
I don’t think the Lakers are making the playoffs this year. LeBron reaggravated his ankle injury and is out tonight against the Nuggets tonight because of course that would happen. Dennis Schröder is out for 10 to 14 days on health and safety protocols which is most covers most of the remaining games. Yeah, I don’t know how much basketball I’ll watch for the rest of this year. GG, guys. See you all next season.

THANKS AGAIN, SOLOMON HILL.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: May 04, 2021, 12:54:36 AM »
So I didn’t watch the Lakers game, but these inexplicable weirdos lose to the m-f-ing Kings then beat the best team since the All-Star break.

The Lakers also gave up a 13 point lead in the fourth quarter so not an absolutely win, but I’ll take it.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2638 on: May 04, 2021, 06:13:17 PM »
I don’t think the Lakers are making the playoffs this year. LeBron reaggravated his ankle injury and is out tonight against the Nuggets tonight because of course that would happen. Dennis Schröder is out for 10 to 14 days on health and safety protocols which is most covers most of the remaining games. Yeah, I don’t know how much basketball I’ll watch for the rest of this year. GG, guys. See you all next season.

THANKS AGAIN, SOLOMON HILL.

It is funny that Solomon Hill has done to mess up the Lakers season and he isn't really known for anything aside from his bad contract and now nearly ending the Laker season in one fell swoop.

So I didn’t watch the Lakers game, but these inexplicable weirdos lose to the m-f-ing Kings then beat the best team since the All-Star break.

The Lakers also gave up a 13 point lead in the fourth quarter so not an absolutely win, but I’ll take it.

Yeah it was a grindy defensive game and the Lakers were sending Drummond, and Marc Gasol at Jokic for different looks.  That 13 point lead in the 4th was mainly lost because Drummond was playing with 5 fouls for the time he was in there.   Marc played the last few minutes and played well versus Jokic and took him out of the paint.

Also I have to say that Nick Young meme gets so many mileage.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 06:18:12 PM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: May 07, 2021, 11:29:37 PM »
Well, that was an absolutely wild game tonight with the Nuggets taking on the Jazz in Utah. I don't think any reasonable Jazz fan saw us winning tonight without Conley & Mitchell, but Bogdanovic has just been a force of nature since the T-Wolves losses. He put in 46 points tonight as the Jazz defeated the Nuggets 127-120. Clarkson also, for once, didn't vanish during a big game and put in 21 points, himself.

What's particularly hilarious is that the game was won on the defensive end in the same way the Jazz lost that last game against the T-Wolves. The Nuggets tried to play the Foul Game in the last 30 seconds, and the Jazz stole the ball on both Nuggets possessions.

Assuming that the Knicks-Suns game continues as it has so far (knock on wood), this very likely sewed up the #1 seed for the Jazz. Hard to believe this is the same team that got swept by the T-Wolves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyB7UyitCk4
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 11:44:02 PM by broodwars »

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2640 on: May 07, 2021, 11:59:44 PM »
*looks at the current Suns-Knicks score*

Ah well...never count on an Eastern Conference scrub to do a real team's job.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: May 09, 2021, 04:44:17 AM »
How bout Steph Curry and dem Warriors tonight!?

Whoooo. I expected a win, but had the Thunder been able to keep up, I 100% guarantee you that the NBA 3pt record would've been broken tonight. For both Individual and Team.

B. Beal scored 50pts tonights, so coming into tonights game, Curry knew he needed 22 points to keep the #1 spot in the race for the Scoring Title.... Curry finished with 24pts in the 1st Qtr
had 49pt, 11 threes in 3 Qtrs, and had 2 3's waived off in that time period. Mans was on FIRE.

Warriors also set a new team record for most 3's in a game w/ 27.
As a Warriors fan it was a fun watch, but it was basically a blow out from beginning to end.
Steph was out there embarrassing these cats, as if Beal threatening the scoring title was taken personally. A good show. Lots of highlights from the game. Dubs played a great game amongst themselves.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2642 on: May 09, 2021, 02:57:12 PM »
Here is the injury report for the Lakers today versus the Suns.

Jared Dudley (right MCL tear), LeBron James (right ankle sprain) and Dennis Schröder (health and safety protocols) are out.
Kyle Kuzma (lower back tightness) is doubtful.
Alex Caruso and Talen Horton-Tucker (right calf strain) are questionable.
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (right ankle sprain), Anthony Davis (right calf strain) and Marc Gasol (volar plate fracture, left pinkie finger) are probable.

We have no real playmaking PG with LeBron and Schroeder out and THT was growing into that and Caruso last game didn't do well versus the TrailBlazers.

Our only playmaker is Marc Gasol and he does it well it is just that is a really odd position to have the playmaking from

F this season.   

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: May 09, 2021, 04:43:21 PM »
Just imagine Lebron not even making the Playoffs!!!!

The Play-ins are AMAZING!!! LMAO

much needed end of regular season drama.

Regardless of if we (Warriors) make the play-offs this year, if we can do well enough to eliminate the Lakers, I feel it was more than just an interesting season. Curry's Performance aside, our team growth has been pretty good this year. Once we get Klay back on the court, we are truly in contention again, regardless of whoever else joins/leaves the end of our bench.

Edit: NBA 3 Point Record Watch
#1: Ray Allen = 2973
#2: Steph Curry = 2819
Difference = 154

There's 4 games left for the Dubs this season, so barring a Playoff appearance, Steph would likely need about 140 3's next season to over take the record.

Who want to take the bet that (barring injury *🙏🏾*) he breaks that record before/after the All-Star Break?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 06:05:56 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: May 09, 2021, 06:48:42 PM »
Just imagine Lebron not even making the Playoffs!!!!
That literally happened two years ago. 🤷‍♀️

I guess I don’t really understand the sentiment. Why would anyone be excited about that? I hate when injuries derail a player’s or team’s season.

I see no winners here. If the Lakers somehow win this year despite the injuries, I’m not even going to enjoy the collective salt because toxic Lakers fans would be the cuntiest cunts who have ever cunted. I really don’t feel like dealing with that.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: May 09, 2021, 06:55:45 PM »
I meant again.
It would only be his second time since 2005, and both times as a Laker.
I only bring it up because he's being salty about the Play-in tourney because he might be caught up in it now. And him not making the playoffs this time wouldn't be because his team didn't have the record to do it and getting to grind out 7 game series, but because he got eliminated, possibly by a team that didn't have the record to be there, but now took his spot, just before the playoffs start.

I love the additional end of regular season drama, stress, and opportunity. Add a new level of enjoyment to the game.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 06:57:33 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: May 09, 2021, 09:09:29 PM »
I’m conflicted on the play-in tournament. I like the experimentation and welcome more of it. However, I dislike the implications of this particular method. Any team can lose a game or two.

Maybe that’s the point. It forces teams to care more about random mid-season games because they may be the difference between being in the play-in tournament or not.

Looking at the standings, I dislike the play-in tournament more from the Warriors’ standing than the Lakers’. I don’t want the Warriors’ post season to hinge on one game. They clawed and scratched to be in the position they’re in, and as of today in any other season, they would be. Full stop. One potential bad or worse, good-but-not-Super-Saiyan-good Curry game would distract from the incredible run he had. I don’t want to f-ing hear all the bad analyst takes if that happens. I don’t know how you feel about it. To me, that’s worse. I hope the Warriors get in, and I’d hate it more if they didn’t than any other team if that makes sense.

As for the Lakers, they’re not winning anything if James and Davis aren’t healthy. Even if they make the playoffs, potentially running into the Jazz is not ideal (and I really wanted that matchup for the conference finals assuming everyone was mostly healthy by then). The Lakers really could have used that ramp up then James reaggravated his ankle injury. That said, ignoring toxic fans, I don’t know what I’d like more: chasing a three-peat or a revenge season.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: May 09, 2021, 10:53:41 PM »
I'm mixed on the whole play-in tournament system, myself. It feels like it's only there to appease the Western Conference teams, which are the only ones good enough every year where Seeds 9 & 10 could potentially belong in the playoffs and still be worthy opponents for the 1 & 2 seeds. Having a Play-in Tourney in the Eastern Conference just creates an even more one-sided Round 1 for the 1st & 2nd Seeds, since their opponents will have already expended energy on an extra 1-2 games.

I dunno...having the 7th and 8th Seeds up for grabs feels both excessive and yet not excessive enough, but I get what the League is trying to do in deterring tanking with this additional tourney.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: May 10, 2021, 12:42:34 AM »
Based on "Radio" conversations between analyst, it's been very rare that 7seed, or even less so an 8 seed (once in NBA history?) has gone on to win an NBA title that season.

The radio analyst trying to make a point against it, kinda soured his own point when he pointed out the "facts" above.
I feel like the play in may give that team that just didn't click early in the season, a fighting chance to be in the mix if they got their **** together in the second half, and maybe on a tear late in the season and possibly a problem for some settled teams that already became complacent or burnt out due to seasonal wear and tear.

I'm all for it because like last year when the Suns got kinda hot, it was just too late for it to really mean anything except for them to adjust others playoff positions by winning games.

As for the Warriors, we ain't winning **** this year, but it would be nice for these boys to get some Playoff experience, as I feel like next year we will be all in the mix once we get Klay back, so I enjoy the drama of the Play-In situation as some players who didn't they would get caught up in it, and therefore didn't really care, all of sudden got caught up in it and now really fucking care.

I could see them making some tweaks where the play in happens if 9 and/or 10 seed have a record of close to .450 or higher. But for now, I'm enjoying the drama this all brings.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: May 10, 2021, 01:29:08 AM »
The Lakers with another inexplicable win tonight. These guys can beat the Nuggets and Suns but can't beat the Mavericks, Raptors, Kings, Wizards, or Blazers. OKie-dokie artichokie. That fourth quarter was gross. If the Lakers can squeak into the 7th seed and face the Suns, that might be the best matchup for them as long as they can get somewhat healthy. The Clippers always get out of bed for the Lakers so I don't want to see them in the first round.
I'm mixed on the whole play-in tournament system, myself. It feels like it's only there to appease the Western Conference teams, which are the only ones good enough every year where Seeds 9 & 10 could potentially belong in the playoffs and still be worthy opponents for the 1 & 2 seeds.
That's a good point. For discussion's sake, what would you suggest?

I came up with a couple then talked myself out of each one. For example, only have play in games for the final spot under certain circumstances.
  • If 9 is within one game of 8 and/or won the season series, have a play in series. I think 8 should still get something. Maybe 8 has to win one game and 9 has to win two in a row so not really a tournament.
  • If 8 to 10 are within one game (and/or each lower seed won the season series against the seed above it), 8 plays the winner of 9 and 10.
As for the Warriors, we ain't winning **** this year, but it would be nice for these boys to get some Playoff experience
Obviously, I want the Lakers in and NOT playing the Jazz in the first round so of the remaining teams, I think Warriors vs. Jazz would yield the best series.
I could see them making some tweaks where the play in happens if 9 and/or 10 seed have a record of close to .450 or higher. But for now, I'm enjoying the drama this all brings.
Yeah, I like the drama. The idea needs to be tweaked. I don't know why the 7th seed is involved.