Author Topic: 100% OFFICIAL : Harvest Moon : It's A Wonderful Life  (Read 33580 times)

Offline FOX McLOUD

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
100% OFFICIAL : Harvest Moon : It's A Wonderful Life
« on: March 18, 2004, 05:43:32 AM »
My farmer looks tired and sad. I sleep twice a day, how can I help him?

I have bought a pond. I only have three chickens, why have the ducks not come yet.

Where do you get tree seeds?

Where do you get the fertilizer? Wasn't it supposed to be at Vesta's farm.  

Offline moonfan

• View Profile
RE:100% OFFICIAL : Harvest Moon : It's A Wonderful Life
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2004, 10:45:14 AM »
eat herbs, milk, or make some food.
ducks come in second chapter.
vesta-second menu.
vesta-second menu

Offline FOX McLOUD

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2004, 07:49:13 AM »
When do the ducks come, WHEN?

Offline Use Soap

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2004, 01:44:39 PM »
How long does it take after the engagement to get married?
I did it on the first day of summer, and she accepted but nothigs happened
Tyler Durden Says: Use Soap
One time at band camp, I shoved a kazoo up my nose and now I can do this (TWEEEEEET) Wicked Awesome

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: 100% OFFICIAL : Harvest Moon : It's A Wonderful Life
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2004, 01:37:19 AM »
"When do the ducks come, WHEN?"

"ducks come in second chapter."
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline moonfan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2004, 10:12:35 AM »
get married at end of first chapter-in a cut scene.

Offline Use Soap

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2004, 11:59:01 AM »
Thanks a couple more questions though:

1. What do ducks do?

2. Is there ever any other way to sell crops besides selling them to Van ( I like the classic style)

3.What does the wierd hoe do?

4. What other pets are there besides the dog (theres a pet menu, and that turtle looks suspicious...)

5. Can your dog have puppies?

Off to play some more....
Thanks

Use Soap
One time at band camp, I shoved a kazoo up my nose and now I can do this (TWEEEEEET) Wicked Awesome

Offline babaloulou

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2004, 08:06:00 PM »
------
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 12:25:00 PM by babaloulou »
I'm sorry momma/I didn't mean to make you mad/But tonight, I'm crying in the closet.

Offline Pikkcuber

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2004, 04:37:44 PM »
AHHHH use soap i love your third question.
PikkCuber

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2004, 08:10:34 AM »
Is there any way to actually get your ducks to increase the number of eggs out there?  I mean I get baby ducks, but somehow I never seem to have more eggs than I have chickens, even though now with the ducks, I'm getting golden eggs practically every day.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline slacker

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2004, 06:24:46 PM »
I'm in my second year, fall season, but no ducks.  Do I need a rooster or something?  Also, I'm trying to get better quality seeds by using fertilizers.  Will the quality of the crops increase if I use the fertilizer once or do I need to use it multiple times?  Thanks in advance.

Offline Use Soap

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2004, 01:38:32 PM »
what does chapter 2-6 mean?

4. A cat (given by Romana in Chapter 2-6) and a chihuahua given by Carter really late in the game.
 What's the purpose of the dog? How long does a baby cow take to get milked, I bought it.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2004, 03:01:56 AM »
slacker: ducks show up on the first day of summer if you a) have a pond and b) have fewer than six birds in your coop.  Most people have too many birds.  Don't worry, I'm pretty sure they'll show next year if you prepare.

Use Soap: There are six chapters in the game, based largely on the age of your kid.  They don't affect your actual farm operation in any way at all, just the story and character interactions.  The second chapter starts at the beginning of year 2, but different chapters last longer than others.  There are six chapters spanning ten years.

BIG TIPS for all:
-Cooking is not irrelevant - you can sell it, usually for far more than the ingredients.  That 30G fish can be turned into 150G Sashimi with little effort.

-Try to bargain with Van.  Meals you've cooked, golden eggs, golden wool, butter, cheese, and maybe some other items can fetch a higher price if you say "no" when he tells you how much he'll pay. He doesn't always bite, but if he is willing to pay more, he'll usually make a second offer with just a few attempts.  
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2004, 03:07:08 AM »
 Cows: You have to impregnate them and wait about thirty days for them to give birth and then wait a few more days for them to start giving drinkable milk, which they continue giving for about a year. I'm not sure how long the calves take to grow up, but even if you buy a heifer, it will be some time before you can breed it. In any case, it's important to always have one pregnant cow to cut down in any downtime in milk production.

Trees take several seasons to reach maturity, then start bearing fruit in specific seasons. You can shake the tree every day to get fruit, but it seems the seeds are worth a lot more than the fruit themselves.  
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2004, 02:20:30 PM »
i just barely started the game and i gave this blue feather away, but the girl didnt marry me....i am not screwed right...i dont have to find another blue feather do i?
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline slacker

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2004, 03:30:34 PM »
Marriage is a requirement to move on in the game, so I don't think you are screwed.  Continue to woo the ladies.  I don't know if you will receive another blue feather or not.  I guess continue to impress the your girl of choice and hope she picks you by year's end.

Offline Pikkcuber

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2004, 05:21:16 PM »
hey i have a question i cut my sheeps wool but i dont have it in my bag or anything, did i not wait long enough or something?
PikkCuber

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2004, 06:02:19 PM »
actually it turns out we are engaged after all, but when is the wedding?
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline Syl

• O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2004, 06:56:31 PM »
the wedding happens at the end of year 1.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2004, 09:02:08 PM »
Pikkcuber, if your sheep has enough wool to be cut, it will lie in a heap on the ground after you cut it.  Your sheep will be much fluffier than normal when he's ready.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2004, 06:12:50 AM »
can you ever mate sheep?

Thomas Paine

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2004, 06:54:56 AM »
I'm not even sure you can buy a female sheep.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Pikkcuber

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2004, 09:52:53 AM »
no when you go to buy a sheep it says and i quote "mae only".  Im thinking they wanted to say male only
PikkCuber

Offline Pikkcuber

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2004, 09:55:50 AM »
thanks bloodworth yeah the wool was there hding in the tall grass, is there anytsecret to gettting golden wool? are do you just have to spend a fortune on good fotter.
PikkCuber

Offline Syl

• O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2004, 01:00:50 PM »
taking great care of your animals helps them want to drop gold more often, brush them and nuzzle them twice a day at least.  (tis possible to nuzzle more than twice, but i don't know of any benefits)

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2004, 05:47:34 PM »
Just take your sheep to the spigot outside and wash him once a day.  You'll get Golden Wool pretty easily, even if you miss a day here and there because of rain.  You'll actually need to wash all of your livestock once in a while, so get used to pushing those cows.  

I only give Good Fodder to cows giving milk.  It's not worth it for any of the other animals, but that S Milk, along with resulting Butter and Cheese, quickly makes up for the cost Good Fodder.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Use Soap

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2004, 02:50:31 PM »
Do you guys know any good recepies?

Also, do you guys have any good tips for making money?

Does that shed ever open?

Fight Club

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2004, 05:26:57 PM »
hmotaku.net has the full recipe list.  Call me a cheater.

I already gave some tips on making money, but while you're starting out, try to pick up every flower (20 15G flowers add up) and go to the ruins every day.  Also, try to make a lot of recipes so you can get the hors d'oeuvres unlocked.  Then all you have to do is select hors d'oeuvres and cut up a single fish for Sashimi worth 150G.  Later, it's a matter of raising strong crops and managing your dairy.  And be sure to haggle with Van for the higher prices like I mentioned above.

Nintendo Power hints that the shed will open later in the game.  I haven't seen it yet.  I'm curious about the other sheds by the Fireworks bros. and Romana's houses too.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2004, 07:00:56 PM »

Originally posted by: Use Soap
Does that shed ever open?
Fight Club

hahahahha...thats why the game is rated M.....you didnt know??  

Thomas Paine

Offline Pikkcuber

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2004, 12:54:31 PM »
theres a shed by the ocean by cecila's old house too.    Im suprised nobody had any april fools jokes about whats inside those sheds.  Well anyway, i know this subject has been beaten to death but when do the ducks come?  It's year 2 im almost done with spring i have the pond, but no ducks.
PikkCuber

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2004, 10:36:05 PM »

ducks show up on the first day of summer if you a) have a pond and b) have fewer than six birds in your coop. Most people have too many birds. Don't worry, I'm pretty sure they'll show next year if you prepare.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2004, 10:38:19 PM »
I'm debating whether or not to go for the goat.  Anyone have some goat testimonials here?  Do you think it's worth it?  Is it really impossible to sell it if it stops giving milk?  I'm thinking this animal is a waste of space, but at the same time I don't really want to pass up anything.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Pikkcuber

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2004, 05:49:18 PM »
Yeah Bloodoworth, I think he is if your cow(s) are not producing milk at the moment and if your cash supply is good enough.  His milk he makes will proably just barely make a profit but its nice to have alot of different animals.  B ut i have a question when can you get him. I had a chance to get him in teh spring of year 2 but i didnt have the cash and in the summer van would not sell him to me, so i got mad and bought a cow.
PikkCuber

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2004, 10:13:03 AM »
yeah, goats are only sold in the Spring... that's why I'm asking now before I have to wait another year... think I may wait until I have a diverse herd anyways
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Ocarina Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2004, 08:27:19 PM »
I was wondering... does anyone know how to gain favour with Cody the artist? I've tried a few things and I have absolutely no idea.
Om mani padme hum.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2004, 04:22:42 PM »
well, the first thing that makes Cody tough is getting him when his arms aren't crossed.  If they're crossed, he won't take anything.  Then try to give him artifacts, flowers, and food...  most people are suckers for the recipes.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Ocarina Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2004, 02:13:42 AM »
Okay, thanks.

I just got a seed-maker for free in the 1st chapter! Give the scientist lots of fish and eggs (about one of each a day) for two weeks or so then visit him one time.

Where do you guys like to go to fish? I always go up near the waterfall becaus it has good fish, but I know the river-mouth will yeild a larger number of lower-quality fish. If it's a bad day, I just wash my animals instead of fishing.
Om mani padme hum.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2004, 06:25:52 AM »
Here's the thing with fishing:

try to make a lot of recipes so you can get the hors d'oeuvres unlocked. Then all you have to do is select hors d'oeuvres and cut up a single fish for Sashimi worth 150G.

Then it doesn't matter what fish you catch, and you can keep trying for the rare Sharshark down near the mouth of the river.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline jillnok3

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2004, 05:05:52 PM »
What does Vesta Second menu mean?  Thanks

Offline jillnok3

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2004, 11:18:48 AM »
I'm not seeing where to post new questions on this game...so I'm going to hope someone sees it here and respond.  I"ve been playing the game for about three days.  A few questions.  How does one go about setting up a shop?  Is there someplace you sign up for that?  How many days are in a season?  How long until you buy a calf until you can use the magic potion?  It seems like it's going to take a LONG time to get a calf...raised...pregnant...calf....THEN be able to give milk.  Other than milk...what the next most profitable venture?  thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Offline jillnok3

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2004, 11:21:19 AM »
I don't understand this washing ANY animal? Can you give me the step by step procedure to do it?  I can't even get my cow close to the place...and if I do...they don't seem to be any cleaner after a brushing.  Details...Please  Thanks!!

Offline Caillan

• Token New Zealander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2004, 06:25:35 PM »
You have to stand behind the cow, walk slowly into it and push the action button. Kepp on pushing strait ahead with the grey anolouge stick and use the C Stick to turn, that way you'll never lose it by turning too sharply.Once you get it close to a water-trough, you have to use a brush on it... the option shoiuld be 'wash' instead of brush. It's really buggy and very hard to get used to, and it will definately take a few tries, so good luck

Offline jillnok3

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2004, 06:35:01 PM »
Thanks...I finally figured it out on accident.  I was hitting the wrong button.  Does anyone know if you can at some point in the game buy more things?? I'm in the third chapter and I have everything.  Making a ton of money...but have no where to spend it.  What's the keep the interest in the rest of the game?  Just curious how far along everyone is . Thanks!!!

Offline matt oz

• APPLES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2004, 06:28:22 PM »
I'm at the end of Chapter 4.  What kept the game interesting for me?  I had no idea how to make money, and never got all the buildings till year 3, chapter 3.  Now I'm just focusing on getting all the 3rd gen S crops.  I've actually accomplished it already, now I'm just growing enough so I can have fun cooking in Chapters 5 and 6, since that's all that'll be left for me to do.
Wii Code:  7894 - 4898 - 7716 - 3649

Offline evil intentions

• winged people + card battling = suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2004, 07:14:46 PM »
OK I can't think of her name, but the farmer girl with brown hair, I have only seen her once, and that was when I came out of her house and saw her standing near the farm.  I haven't seen her since and I'm wondering what I have to do to find her.  Any tips on wooing her would be greatly appriciated as well.

Quote<BR> Originally posted by: Hostile Creation<BR>
But yea, dead when muted was my intention. . . EVIL INTENTION THAT IS ha ha ha.
<BR><BR>Buy Baten Kaitos..you

Offline Caillan

• Token New Zealander
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2004, 07:24:42 PM »
Celia. She's in the rival farm's main house, up a ladder. The ladder doesn't look like much if you don't know where it is, so just mull around the main house for a while  looking for it. She likes good quality vegetables (expensive to grow in the first season) and flowers.

Offline evil intentions

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2004, 07:30:32 AM »
I have some more questions.  I just got the blue feather...what can you use it for?  And where do you sell tomatoes and how much are fish worth.

Edit: Do you find flowers or do you have to buy them?  Also, how long does it take for the girls to fall in love with you.  Thanks so much.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2004, 09:28:55 AM »
The blue feather is used to propose.  Make sure the girl is up to like four hearts in her journal first.  Flowers are all over the place, although they vary by season, and different girls like different kinds.  How long it takes depends on which girl you pick, but once you get the stuff they like and give it to them every day, they'll generally fall for you in just over a season or so.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline evil intentions

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2004, 12:33:11 PM »
Thanks Bloodworth.

Now I have another problem.  I bought a female brown cow but it doesnt give me any milk..do I have to wait for it to get older?

Also, all you need is one rooster to get fertilized eggs right? So if there are two females and one rooster, both can get fertilized eggs?

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2004, 11:25:15 PM »
yes

yes
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline evil intentions

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2004, 10:15:12 AM »
Thanks.

I just proposed to Celia and she accepted in the summer. It's now fall...how long do I have to wait to get married and how do I do it.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2004, 12:21:21 PM »
You get married automatically at the end of the year.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Inuyashasword6

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2004, 02:29:15 PM »
I have a question

1. what do i have to do to get a cat??
2. what happened to Nami??
3.  what do i do with the mothers milk??
4. what is the point of a duck??
5. what do i do with a goat??
6. can your dog have puppies??
7. what is the other animal you get from Carter??
8. where do you get the other animal??
Hi! my guys name is Shakaru or Shake! i love my Dog, Puppie! and my wife is Celia and my Son, Natal!

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2005, 12:10:57 AM »
1. Become friends with the old lady that has a bunch of cats.
2. ?
3. ?
4. They will lay eggs too.
5. Milk?
6. No
7. ?
8. ?

Sorry thats about all im sure of.

Offline Exodus Black

• View Profile
Re: 100% OFFICIAL : Harvest Moon : It's A Wonderful Life
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2008, 01:12:40 PM »
1.  Befriend Romana the old lady, give her gifts to befriend her, you can give her gifts when she is standing up or walking around however when she is sitting you can't.

2.  If you do not marry Nami she will leave Forget-me-not valley at the end of the first year and will come back later in the game.

3.   Mothers milk is for the calf, calfs can't eat fodder right away and if you do not feed them they will get sick. Go up to the calf-hutch with a bottle of mothers milk and press "show" when the calf is present. The calf will drink the milk. You can also make special cheese and butter from the remaining milk or you can sell it.

4.  They have the same purpose as chickens
5.  Goats provide milk as well for a while. However they stop producing for a short time and you cannot impregnate or sell them after you have purchased them and will end up taking up barn space. In the end you will end up having to kill them.

6.  No

7.All I know is about the dog?

8. ?

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2008, 09:48:14 PM »
Thanks, Exodus Black! Inuyashasword6 has been bitching to the forums for about 4 years about a lack of sleep over this game. Your answers will finally give him the rest he needs.

Money can't buy that. Money can't buy peace of mind. It's only answers to a four year old question that can do that.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Exodus Black

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2008, 01:58:00 PM »
Thanks a couple more questions though:

1. What do ducks do?
Ducks are like chickens, they provide eggs and can be a companion if you only have a few chickens, they will not lay their own eggs though. Chances are you'll find their eggs being sat on by the hens.

2. Is there ever any other way to sell crops besides selling them to Van ( I like the classic style) You can either sell them to Van or when he does not have his stand up go by the tree where Vans shop is usually set up. You find a button option that asks if you want to put up your own stand. Accept, residents of Forget-me-not valley will stop by randomly, to stop them from walking by you can get their attention by whistling at them.

3.What does the wierd hoe do? I believe it makes all crops A grade

4. What other pets are there besides the dog (theres a pet menu, and that turtle looks suspicious...) It all depends on what version of Harvest Moon you have, unfortunately for the gamecube the only thing I have succeeded at getting is the cat which you get from Romana. If you get the PS2 version you are able to get the other animals I hear.

5. Can your dog have puppies? Sorry, but no.

Offline Exodus Black

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2008, 01:59:58 PM »
Thanks, Exodus Black! Inuyashasword6 has been bitching to the forums for about 4 years about a lack of sleep over this game. Your answers will finally give him the rest he needs.

Money can't buy that. Money can't buy peace of mind. It's only answers to a four year old question that can do that.

Glad to be of help

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2008, 02:16:36 AM »
Another question. How does the Wierd Hoe make all crops Grade A?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2010, 10:51:43 AM »
I wonder what a Bomber Leather Jacket is?
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2010, 01:12:46 PM »
I don't think I can wait another two years for my answer. It's ruining my life.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.