Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

Monster Hunter Rising to the Occasion

<< < (3/8) > >>

NWR_insanolord:
I'm starting to dig into this, and man there's a lot to this game. I've played a couple earlier ones but that was a long time ago and I never got that deep into any of them so I'm more or less going in fresh here. The tutorials are helpful, but they still throw a lot of information at you.

BeautifulShy:

--- Quote from: NWR_insanolord on April 11, 2021, 05:01:00 AM ---I'm starting to dig into this, and man there's a lot to this game. I've played a couple earlier ones but that was a long time ago and I never got that deep into any of them so I'm more or less going in fresh here. The tutorials are helpful, but they still throw a lot of information at you.

--- End quote ---

One nice thing about the game is that while there is tutorials there is hunter notes to look at in your own time. Think of it like the scans in the Metroid prime games but without the scanning. Information that is there if you need it and on your own time.

Also you don't actively have to document them with paintballs or anything like that. 

If you have any questions let us know.

Stratos:
A great feature is the practice area. You can swap weapons quickly and practice combos. Also shows the button presses and combos on screen to better teach you. Much easier way to pick up a new weapon than just diving into a random mission and getting owned by the monster.

Used it to brush up on my gunlance and it really helped me grasp the different weapon controls.

BeautifulShy:
So one of my favorite Monster Hunter YTers Gajin Hunter made a beginners guide to Monster Hunter Rise and it is for folks who are just starting off, have played past games but didn't get it or just vets to jump into the game with some neat tips about the game and the flow of the game and also some somewhat unknown thing you wouldn't really know.

Here is the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-u0F2dimo0

It is about 2 hours and 40 minutes but in the description it has timestamps to parts of the video you want to go to.

BeautifulShy:
So today I played more Rise and got to the Hub 3 star urgent and looking forward to beating that in the coming days. It is an apex monster in a rampage battle.  I am really enjoying these rampage battles. So much strategizing.

In the Village quests I beat the Nargacuga and got enough parts to make one Narga weapon.  After that I noticed that I didn't really have a large portion of monster parts so I think I am going to do what I did with 4U village and fight the monster about 5 times just to get them down and get lots of monster parts.  Working on 2 star quests over the next few days and going up rank by rank since I have 6 star quests unlocked and can just progress through the rankings while I am completing the optional side quests and get lots of various items like armor spheres and other rarish items.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version