Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Lite and Future Revisions  (Read 97409 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Switch Revision
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2019, 05:58:34 PM »
I hope the mini model can connect as a controller to a docked Switch. That would further justify double dipping as a new controller and allow for DS/WiiU emulation and docked games with touch controls.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2019, 09:41:15 PM »
You know I think that the HD rumble is blown out of proportion.  They said the controllers won't have it.  IF the controllers are connected to the main unit, it would make sense to move any HD humble into the center of the unit.  or possibly on the edge of the screen if they wanted to still give you 2 HD rumbles for backwards compatibility.  But something tells me you probably only really need one. 

As for the not being able to be docked, this doesn't make sense.  Doesn't the Switch only Dock via a USB C port that it also uses for charging?  If that Is true, it makes no sense to cut that feature.  However. like everyone else said it would make sense to not have it come with a dock.  The form factor might make it impossible to dock with the current docks, however, they could just give you cord that does the same thing as a dock. 

I have to say I am very interested in the mini model, and I hope they don't do a Pro-model this year.  I think the Switch Mini could propel the Switch into the portable realm and help Nintendo for another year or 2.  Then they could properly make a more powerful Switch Pro closer to the competition's new consoles.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2019, 09:47:23 PM »
Is it possible to instead of using a circle pad, just sinking a full analog stick into the controller to make it almost flush with the controller?  The Circle Pad always felt Cheap and imprecise.  It was a good intermediate solution but it hasn't actually fixed the problem. 

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2019, 10:31:07 PM »
As far as removing rumble goes. I don't see much of an issue if you can still bluetooth connect others.

As for the not being able to be docked, this doesn't make sense.  Doesn't the Switch only Dock via a USB C port that it also uses for charging?  If that Is true, it makes no sense to cut that feature.  However. like everyone else said it would make sense to not have it come with a dock.  The form factor might make it impossible to dock with the current docks, however, they could just give you cord that does the same thing as a dock. 

They could still make a mini connect to a tv and charge without a dock like a Sega Nomad. It could still have USB C and maybe an HDMI mini connector. The Dock is just a piece of plastic with not too much to it.

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-High-Speed-Mini-HDMI-HDMI-Cable/dp/B014I8UAPE/ref=asc_df_B014I8UAPE/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167146065113&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3641470412162432003&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1013523&hvtargid=pla-297381685616&psc=1

is much cheaper than all the added cost that dock makes.

How mini could they get away making the switch?

« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 10:36:59 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2019, 10:45:53 PM »
I always wanted a Gameboy Micro. I think if they want to go small the clamshell design is best. That could even work with a kind of self docked mode.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2019, 12:03:14 AM »
I also have always wanted a Micro.  I still regret not buying one. :(
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2019, 12:18:20 AM »
I'm in that boat too.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2019, 01:08:02 AM »
When GameCrazy was closing, I managed to snag a new Gameboy Micro. It's still sealed.
You know I think that the HD rumble is blown out of proportion.  They said the controllers won't have it.  IF the controllers are connected to the main unit, it would make sense to move any HD humble into the center of the unit.  or possibly on the edge of the screen if they wanted to still give you 2 HD rumbles for backwards compatibility.  But something tells me you probably only really need one.
The Pro Controller has two haptic feedback engines, one per prong. Doesn't confirm anything; just something to think about. I'd prefer Nintendo keep HD Rumble in a Lite revision. The only thing I can see Nintendo nixing is the IR depth sensor which isn't on the Pro controller and only really makes sense on the Joy-Con.
The form factor might make it impossible to dock with the current docks, however, they could just give you cord that does the same thing as a dock.
It would be in Nintendo's best interest to make it work with the current dock. Failing that, a redesigned dock would be preferable over a splitter

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2019, 05:46:16 AM »
Adrock:  When I first arrived in Korea.  The Gameboy Micros were still being sold new in the electronic stores.  This was after the DS had already released and it was hard to find any GBA games, otherwise I would have bought one.  I kinda regret it, because it was the easily the most pocketable and truly portable game system created, and we will probably never have anything like it again.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2019, 07:46:14 PM »
Sold my GBA Micro consoles not that long ago, and don't regret it... I had played through my GBA catalog often enough and realized that it just wasn't getting much of my time anymore. But I still love the little system. It offered great battery life, a beautiful screen, plenty of great games to explore, and amazing portability.

IMO, even with the inflated second-hand pricing it's worth buying one today if you love GBA games and want something really easy to carry with you.

My biggest complaint was that removable faceplates (which seemed like a good idea) just never got much traction and are really hard/expensive to replace now. If you have large hands be warned that it's absolutely tiny and might not be super comfortable to hold for long periods of time - although I never found it that bad.

Sorry... I know this is off-topic, but I get excited anytime people talk about GBA Micro consoles.
NNID: ejamer

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2019, 11:29:53 PM »
It's on the topic of mini systems.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2019, 02:51:55 AM »
So, with a big graphics boost we'll probably see a new Zelda game. I imagine it will use the Breath of the Wild engine but might differentiate itself by going with a more realistic style. It makes sense for them to alternate styles from game to game so people don't confuse.

Alternatively we might see a Mario that looks like a straight up cartoon. A different style than we've seen before.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 02:55:39 AM by ThePerm »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2019, 05:50:49 AM »
Can we just get a crazy Breath of the Wild Style Mario Game?  Exploring the overworld for Castle Keys to free the mushroom kingdom.  Having special puzzle rooms that play like the Super Mario Sunshine levels without the water cannon?  Sounds doable and fun.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 09, 2019, 12:20:21 PM »
Can we just get a crazy Breath of the Wild Style Mario Game?  Exploring the overworld for Castle Keys to free the mushroom kingdom.  Having special puzzle rooms that play like the Super Mario Sunshine levels without the water cannon?  Sounds doable and fun.

That's a great idea.  If Breath of the Wild gets any complaints it's the lack of proper dungeons.  Traditional Zelda dungeons are complex and rely on using tools you obtained earlier in the game which requires a more linear path than what's offered in Breath of the Wild.  But Mario levels are simpler, self-contained and can done in any order with the increased difficulty being the only element of linear progression.  So that would work really well.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2019, 07:39:59 PM »
I can even see a Mario game using a stamina gauge like the one in Breath of the Wild.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 10, 2019, 07:20:15 PM »
I can even see a Mario game using a stamina gauge like the one in Breath of the Wild.
GTFO with that. Mario getting tired from running and jumping? No offense. I just can’t get down with that idea.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2019, 07:57:40 PM »
Give me a second SD card slot and joycons that don't have 18 common mechanical failures caused by people looking at them wrong.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #92 on: April 10, 2019, 07:59:46 PM »
GTFO with that. Mario getting tired from running and jumping? No offense. I just can’t get down with that idea.

That's fair. 

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2019, 08:22:43 PM »

What if there was a mushroom meter? Like Mario can maintain stamina as long as he keeps taking mushrooms?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2019, 08:49:43 PM »
I was thinking today...

Maybe in Nintendo's eyes Switch is the Wii U revision and I've been looking at the situation all wrong.

I always get burned by handhelds.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 09, 2019, 01:01:24 AM »
The rumors are stirring up again. If it gets announced this year I expect it to get announced at the end of October or the beginning of November so it becomes a hype sponge during black Friday sales.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 09, 2019, 01:49:57 PM »
I feel like they want one more holiday out of the regular Switch and they won't announce it until after the holidays for a March release on the 4th anniversary (has it really been 4 years already?)
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #97 on: July 09, 2019, 11:05:26 PM »
If they're gonna do it this year, alongside Pokemon, I would think an August/September reveal would be the way to go, with a November release.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 10, 2019, 04:36:41 AM »
I did an average a while ago and if I remember correctly the announcement time and the release was about 40 days.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 10, 2019, 08:23:00 AM »