Author Topic: Super Mario 3D World Thread.  (Read 34922 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mario 3D World Thread.
« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2021, 01:15:50 PM »
Mr. Bungle: Luigi Bros. is still in the game, however the method of unlocking it by having a save from New Super Luigi U no longer works, so you can get it only by beating the game. The hidden Luigis in stages are also still present.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2021, 01:58:13 PM »
I just finished Bowser's Fury with 77 out of the 100 Cat Shines, which is the best it seems I could have done before accessing the post-game content.

Bowser's Fury is neat. It's an interesting combination of 3D World & Odyssey, but I don't feel like the timer element of Fury Bowser adds much to the experience other than annoyance. So many times I got those Cat Shines either JUST before he appeared or during his invulnerability period at the tail end of his appearance, so they essentially "didn't count" in dealing damage. Ran into some issues getting his fire breath to hit the Fury Blocks on occasion, too.

I think I would have rather had him just be a recurring boss between the blocks of islands rather than a frequent annoyance capped off by middling boss fights with a wonky camera.

From what I've gathered, he doesn't "turn off" in the post-game once he spawns, so the only way TO send him back is with Cat Shines. I guess he'll be an actual threat in the post-game, then, because the main game is pretty easy?

Edit: Completed 100%. The cosmetic reward you get...really isn't worth it, but at least the final fight with Bowser is more interesting once you have 100 Cat Shines by virtue of Bowser having a different look & a full health bar.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 03:39:13 PM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2021, 06:05:28 PM »
I was going to wait for a discount/sale since I own it on Wii U already but a buddy wants to get it to play together so I'll be getting that sooner rather than later.

This was a popular one to play with the family but never got too much time to do so since Wii Us aren't as portable so 95% of the game will be new to me.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2021, 04:23:16 AM »
This would be fun to play with some NWR peeps. I have yet to try online, so would anyone want to help me test my online connection and play some?
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 22, 2021, 04:52:48 PM »
One of the things which I wish they kept was the ability to move using the D-pad. Since the movement isn't true analogue then I preferred to use it for this game since it felt more precise. It doesn't really make sense that the D-pad isn't an option, since there are unused buttons which could have been used for the functions they put on the D-pad in this version. Also, is it weird that I miss the dumb Miiverse posts at the end of each stage? Poor Miiverse, we hardly knew ye! I know they weren't going to put in a substitute for that, but they also took out the time trial ghosts as well, something they could have brought back. Perhaps this isn't the definitive version after all...!

If anyone's curious, here's a list of most of the changes from the Wii U version:

https://www.mariowiki.com/Super_Mario_3D_World_%2B_Bowser%27s_Fury#List_of_changes

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 03, 2021, 06:55:54 PM »
Random thought. I get the feeling that Bowser's Fury was at least partially inspired by Wario's Woods.

Also random: this screenshot I took may come in handy sometime: