Author Topic: Ex-Metroid Prime Staff, Armature Studios, was working on Maverick Hunter  (Read 3291 times)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Here's the article

It was basically Mega Man Prime. Doesn't look like a bad game per se, just a bad Mega Man game. The style worked for Metroid Prime because the series wasn't full of wide-eyed anime characters. Even Fusion and Zero Missions anime-esque designs were grittier and more realistic than Mega Man ever was. It worked for Metroid; it doesn't really work with Mega Man.

It looked like an interesting take on the character, but I'm glad it was canned. Hopefully, Armature Studios can use some of those ideas for an original IP... or maybe even Metroid...
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 10:08:58 AM by Adrock »

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
Ahahahahahaha, so that was that supposed mega hit that Retro will finally do once it will be free and get rid of lameness of Nintendo that always inhibited it!

this was the game our most eloquent poster dreams about, not even to play it or anything, it's purely to spite NCL and to prove some point
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Amaature is working on a 2D batman metroidvaina for 3ds/vita so hopefully that turns out better tant his looks. Nit sure when it seems do hard to make a good megaman game.

Seems to me the best example of a franchise that needs to go either all digital for the 2D games or try going a 3D platformer route like Banjo or Sly cooper/ 
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Doesn't fit Mega Man's look.  Even in the 2D days where everything was colourful, us kids knew what games looked cartoony and which one's did not.  Metroid did not but Mega Man sure did.

And in regards to some fantasy Retro game of mine, uh, this ain't Retro and I want them to make their own IP.  Is Mega Man their own IP?

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
I honestly don't get how Armature would work from what I've been reading.  Pretty much a think tank Prototyping group then sells the concepts and direct.  That sounds pretty dreamlike to me and not a good game business model.

Also Megaman without Energy based weapons... Really...Really... That what got me the most.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline azeke

• View Profile
Actually there was some fanmade Megaman 3d shooter, it was like DOOM clone and was extremely frantic and pretty decent actually from what i heard and saw.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Why is this bad? To me, it looks pretty cool.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Game looks pretty enetertaining to me. Whatchoo all smokin'? Why the hate?
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
Game looks pretty enetertaining to me. Whatchoo all smokin'? Why the hate?
Also Megaman without Energy based weapons... Really...Really... That what got me the most.
Mostly that for me.  The rest I'm ok with though I could do with a lighting of most the environments shown.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline azeke

• View Profile
Only now watched the video footage.

Looks stupid. Melee takedowns? Really?

Where's the music?

Punch Out! and Kid Icarus showed how to do modern sequels to 8-bit properties, do that people, don't dudebro everything.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
I didn't mind the Melee take downs.  Music wasn't really essential to the Prototyping.