Author Topic: What is your most recent gaming purchase?  (Read 755681 times)

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Re: What is your most recent gaming purchase?
« Reply #675 on: February 19, 2013, 08:43:19 PM »
I got a PSP 3000 a couple days ago to play every NES/SNES/GB/GBA/PS1 and PSP game ever made. :P

I used to have a 2000 but that was back when the hassle of hacking one outweighed the benefits of having one.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #676 on: February 19, 2013, 09:13:19 PM »
Not sure you should be pointing out you bought a PSP for illegal purposes.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: February 19, 2013, 09:42:45 PM »
They've said many times that we can talk about it, as long as we don't say how or any links on how to do it. If Morari can have the PS3 keys in his custom title, why wouldn't I be able to talk about the fact that I bought a PSP for emulation?

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: February 19, 2013, 10:11:07 PM »
Is that what's in my title?! I'm innocent, I don't even know what a PS3 is! I think some unjust moderator put it there to set me up!
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: February 20, 2013, 01:41:29 AM »
I only played Operation Raccoon City for about half an hour. My friend at Play N Trade forced me to try it since not even Jill's appearance could convince me to buy the game. I didn't think it was terrible. Then again, I didn't pay $60 for it. I would probably pick it up for $5-$10 if I had the opportunity. It was shallow, repetitive, and unimaginative, but I didn't hate myself for trying it.
This finally happened. $4.99 at Best Buy. I better enjoy pre-owned games while I can...

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: February 20, 2013, 12:55:09 PM »
Just in case anyone with a PSP or Vita doesn't already know, Valkyria Chronicles 2 has dropped to $10 on PSN.  Fantastic deal.  Go get it now if you haven't already!  I paid twice that price a while back, but can't really regret the purchase because I think it was a steal even at $20.
would you have had to have played VC 1 to appreciate the PSP game?

Having not played the original yet (don't own a PS3), I found the PSP sequel to be excellent and worth recommending. It's possible that playing the first game would improve your opinion of the second... but I simply wouldn't know.
NNID: ejamer

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: February 20, 2013, 01:07:59 PM »
Based on things I've read, I think playing the PS3 game first would probably lower your opinion of the PSP game.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: February 20, 2013, 06:23:15 PM »
Well I got a Wii U Zombie U bundle a couple of days ago and yesterday I went to get Assassins Creed 3 but it was sold out. I got Mass Effect 3 instead and wow. What a game so far!
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: February 23, 2013, 05:15:14 PM »
Just pre-ordered gears of war Judgement from Walmart. For $60 I got

Gears of War: Judgment (Xbox 360)
Your Choice Bonus* Gears of War 2 or 3
Bonus* Preorder Exclusive Classic Hammerburst
Bonus* Gears of War 1 (downloadable version)

Picking Gears 2 as my pre-order bonus and hopefully gears 3 is on sale this week so I'll play through the whole series.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: February 23, 2013, 05:25:39 PM »
I bought a 16GB SDCard for my 3DS and well, It doesn't work.  The card works but when I transfer the data the 3DS doesn't recognize it.  It will a 4GB... so I'll use this card for something else and move on.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Razorkid

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: February 24, 2013, 02:10:23 PM »
I bought a 16GB SDCard for my 3DS and well, It doesn't work.  The card works but when I transfer the data the 3DS doesn't recognize it.  It will a 4GB... so I'll use this card for something else and move on.

That's a bummer, man.  I bought a SanDisk 16GB SDHC card and it has worked fine from the start.  How are you transfering data? I copied/pasted what was on my 2 gig onto my desktop and copied it over to the 16GB. Have you tried formatting the SD card? I at first freaked out when I bought the 16GB because my computer didn't recognize it. Then I realized that the card reader I had didn't recognize SDHC, so I bought one for cheap on Amazon and from there had no problems.  If nothing above helped, try this SD card( the same I use) from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001W1BSM0/ref=oh_details_o09_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just bought Paper Mario Sticker Star for $15.89 at Best Buy after using a $5 reward zone coupon during the sale they had on it a week ago.  I say it will be worth that certainly.  I also just picked up an RFN and Connectivity t-shirt in anticipation for PAXEast  2013.
"All the world is blind to my passing..."

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: February 24, 2013, 09:46:15 PM »
They've said many times that we can talk about it, as long as we don't say how or any links on how to do it. If Morari can have the PS3 keys in his custom title, why wouldn't I be able to talk about the fact that I bought a PSP for emulation?
ahoy matey
we pirates must stick together in the wide ocean in search of plunder ;-)

are those really the ps3 keys
dang you moderators are just messed up
where do i sign up?

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #687 on: February 25, 2013, 12:13:21 AM »
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing TRANSFORMED! for Wii U.

Pretty excited about it. Largely because I have something to play on Wii U.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #688 on: February 25, 2013, 08:51:32 AM »
Getting a copy of Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (3DS) in trade. Pretty happy about that because Layton games are great to play through and then trade out again. I love the series for the wacky stories and nice production values but don't find there is much replay value.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #689 on: February 25, 2013, 10:05:57 AM »

That's a bummer, man.  I bought a SanDisk 16GB SDHC card and it has worked fine from the start.  How are you transfering data? I copied/pasted what was on my 2 gig onto my desktop and copied it over to the 16GB. Have you tried formatting the SD card? I at first freaked out when I bought the 16GB because my computer didn't recognize it. Then I realized that the card reader I had didn't recognize SDHC, so I bought one for cheap on Amazon and from there had no problems.  If nothing above helped, try this SD card( the same I use) from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001W1BSM0/ref=oh_details_o09_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just bought Paper Mario Sticker Star for $15.89 at Best Buy after using a $5 reward zone coupon during the sale they had on it a week ago.  I say it will be worth that certainly.  I also just picked up an RFN and Connectivity t-shirt in anticipation for PAXEast  2013.
Ironically, I have the exact same card and did the exact same thing
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #690 on: February 25, 2013, 10:06:33 AM »
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing TRANSFORMED! for Wii U.

Pretty excited about it. Largely because I have something to play on Wii U.
If you want to race sometime hit me up.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: March 02, 2013, 01:08:17 PM »
Batman Arkham City and Red Dead Redemption
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: March 03, 2013, 06:41:41 PM »
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection. $3.20 from Best Buy with my Reward Zone points.

My friend gave me Twisted Metal on PS3. Comes with the Twisted Metal Black download code.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: March 11, 2013, 01:30:42 AM »
I just bought six Pelican branded GameCube Cleaning kits.

Why Six?  Because people are weird.

Pretty sure my Panasonic Q is scratching discs, so I thought I'd try a cleaner.  Found these on eBay by the same seller...

One is $3.95 + $4.50 S/H - or $8.45 each.
Six are $19.95 with free S/H - or $3.33 each.
Ten are $24.95 + $12.04 S/H - or $3.70 each.

I needed one, but I wanted two.  Getting two was going to run me $16.90 - at which point, I might as well spend the extra $3 and get four more. :D

Also, stop me from bidding on this...

I don't need that at all... but... so cheap....
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #694 on: March 11, 2013, 09:09:44 AM »
AM I KAWAII ONICHAN?

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: March 11, 2013, 07:24:50 PM »
Picked up the new Tomb Raider for PS3.  I'm enjoying it, though it's basically an easy version of an Uncharted game.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: March 11, 2013, 08:02:09 PM »

Man I'm tempted to get that and then hold on to them and try selling them for $15 each when Wii U Fit comes out. Of course, Nintendo will do something like not sell a package with the game and the pedometer only.  Then I'll have to grovel to UB and convince him to buy them from me for significantly less.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: March 11, 2013, 08:40:16 PM »

Man I'm tempted to get that and then hold on to them and try selling them for $15 each when Wii U Fit comes out. Of course, Nintendo will do something like not sell a package with the game and the pedometer only.  Then I'll have to grovel to UB and convince him to buy them from me for significantly less.
i would just to say im the ultimate nintendo fan

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #698 on: March 11, 2013, 10:25:47 PM »
Resident Evil: Mercenaries (3DS, digital version)

Not really a fan of digital games... but being able to reset save data, having the game always conveniently available, plus a relatively low price point ($15+shipping for a retail copy makes it slightly cheaper this way) and some left over eShop credit made it an easy enough purchase.

Still wouldn't have purchased except for the fact that Revelations has been easily the best 3DS experience I've tried so far.

Offline magicpixie

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: March 18, 2013, 06:18:16 PM »
Picked up the new Tomb Raider for PS3.  I'm enjoying it, though it's basically an easy version of an Uncharted game.

Picked that up for PC last week.  Had to disable "Tress-FX" since I heard it doesn't play well with nVidia cards.  I loved the game despite some flaws(a bunch of podcasts have referred to "ludonarrative dissonance").  The game did a great job of dragging me along for the ride, and I couldn't put the controller down.  I really wish there were more of the optional tombs to explore, though, since those were a lot of fun and designed really well.  The game felt a little bit tedious toward the end - I switched the difficulty to easy just so I could mindlessly mow down everything in my path.