Author Topic: What is your most recent gaming purchase?  (Read 755200 times)

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: What is your most recent gaming purchase?
« Reply #500 on: November 02, 2012, 09:37:07 AM »
Vets might bitch about something, but it's a good upgrade if you want more CS.
There's no Dust :P:
:D
The reason I quit playing CS years ago was because people would play nothing but DE_Dust and its variants 24/7/365.25. I didn't care if it was the worse map in the world, just no more fucking Dust. It was the same with Warcraft 3 with everybody playing DOTA or Summoner.

But now I just wants something deeper and the new CSGO isn't it. It would be Nuclear Dawn, but that game didn't reach critical mass. Real shame. It is like a really deep TF2 with base building.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: November 02, 2012, 09:44:01 AM »
Vets might bitch about something, but it's a good upgrade if you want more CS.
There's no Dust :P:
:D
The reason I quit playing CS years ago was because people would play nothing but DE_Dust and its variants 24/7/365.25. I didn't care if it was the worse map in the world, just no more fucking Dust. It was the same with Warcraft 3 with everybody playing DOTA or Summoner.

But now I just wants something deeper and the new CSGO isn't it. It would be Nuclear Dawn, but that game didn't reach critical mass. Real shame. It is like a really deep TF2 with base building.
I really liked the Multiplayer in C&C: Renegades.  In fact I enjoyed that came a good amount.  It was pulp fun fan service with British Teeth.  Played a lot of CS in College even lead a clan.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: November 06, 2012, 07:42:15 PM »
Well, Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable went on sale for $10 today... so even though I don't really need another game (Monster Hunter is all the game I can handle for the next hundred hours or so) it seemed like a good time to pick up this well-regarded RPG title.

Next in line: Valkyria Chronicles II.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 07, 2012, 04:17:09 PM »
Decided to pick up the On The Move DLC for Portal 2 for the PS3.  It was 30% off for + members so I decided to take advantage of that.  I'm actually really excited to play new Portal 2 content.  Now I just need to go play some more of the community stuff on Steam as well.

Offline Fireponcoal

• Score: -6
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: November 07, 2012, 04:59:50 PM »
Street Fighter X Tekken//Picked this game up for both the Vita and the PS3.  Gamestop had a deal and I purchased both for Fifty dollars.  Looks and plays wonderful on the Vita.  Long live the Vita..  Oh, I hear it may have already passed?  It shall live in my heart right next to my Saturn.  ;)

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #505 on: November 08, 2012, 09:52:32 AM »
Street Fighter X Tekken//Picked this game up for both the Vita and the PS3.  Gamestop had a deal and I purchased both for Fifty dollars.  Looks and plays wonderful on the Vita.  Long live the Vita..  Oh, I hear it may have already passed?  It shall live in my heart right next to my Saturn.  ;)
Your in Luck.  As soon as I finish beating and wrestling it into submission we review 3 Vita games on NFR in the next Episode.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #506 on: November 08, 2012, 08:48:43 PM »
4, actually. :)
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #507 on: November 09, 2012, 12:04:16 PM »
Was it 4? I can't think of the 4th of the top of my head.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 09, 2012, 03:56:29 PM »
WarioWare Smooth Moves (Wii)
Castlevaia: Portrait of Ruin (DS)
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 09, 2012, 04:54:06 PM »
After all the excitement of the election I bought Democracy 2 on Steam which I'm going to play while watching The West Wing.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #510 on: November 09, 2012, 09:44:10 PM »
Was it 4? I can't think of the 4th of the top of my head.

To be fair, one was multiplatform - just Austen had the Vita game and I had the 3DS.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 09, 2012, 09:51:37 PM »
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Resident Evil Director's Cut
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3

So the TV out feature of my PSP Go is pretty slick. Disappointing that actual PSP games only take a fraction of the TV, but PS One Classics look great* when played on a big screen. Probably should've waited for a sale for the games, but self-control isn't my strong point.

* "Great" is relative when talking about games from the PlayStation era.
NNID: ejamer

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 10, 2012, 08:35:53 AM »
Nuclear Dawn since it's the deal of the day on Steam. Not sure that was a good idea, I take some pushing to get into competitive MP games and I'm no fan of hitscan weapons in FPSes. Before that was Alundra (PS1) and Ace Combat Joint Assault (PSP) for the PSVita. Not too happy with either, Alundra just seems kinda meh so far while ACJA is missing some vital information on the HUD (especially a missile indicator! Artificial horizon would be very useful too). The 3DS Ace Combat got away with no missile indicator by making missile dodging QTE based, not a good solution but still better than "there's a missile somewhere out there, don't get hit!".

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #513 on: November 10, 2012, 04:29:26 PM »
Mine was Style Savvy: Trendsetters. Best Buy price matched Sears's online price, so I got it for just under twenty dollars (used a $5 gift card in the process).
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 10, 2012, 11:29:18 PM »
My ~$12 copy of Last Story arrived from Amazon today.  It was the special edition (didn't *think* a "regular" version of it was released, but for $8 + s/h, I wasn't sure).  Yay.

Somewhat gaming related... threw down too much money on a TV I didn't need. Bought a 65" LG 3D TV.  Wonder if that talk about Wii U supporting 3D is true.  This will be replacing my 37" TV in my living room (which will move into the bedroom)...  Going to spend the next week-ish redoing my living room so it's all ready for the Wii U to come in and get hooked up.

And, totally not gaming related, but Barnes and Noble had this on sale for $25.  Now, to re-watch the series, one episode at a time, on my new TV, alongside this book. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 11, 2012, 12:59:25 AM »
God of War Saga - $20 (Gamestop has a 1/2 off deal on sony collections for power-up reward members).  I was hoping to make it $10 by using a $10 off coupon on top of that, but apparently they don't accept stacking coupons.  I guess I'll use that on my Epic Mickey 2 preorder.

Wii Zapper w/ Link's Crossbow Training - $7.  Complete Impulse buy.  I'm not sure what to expect with the game, but I'm hoping the Zappper might work well with some other games (House of the Dead, Resident Evil 4, etc) and that's at a price point where I won't feel bad wasting the money.  I can't believe this used to cost $25...

Offline ThomasO

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
    • deviantART account
« Reply #516 on: November 11, 2012, 02:00:58 PM »
Paper Mario: Sticker Star on the eShop. I'm about 20-30 minutes in.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 11, 2012, 08:40:34 PM »
My ~$12 copy of Last Story arrived from Amazon today.  It was the special edition (didn't *think* a "regular" version of it was released, but for $8 + s/h, I wasn't sure).  Yay.
If I recall correctly, all of the first-run copies have the art book. If the game sold as poorly as we suspect, then the first run is the only run. The music CD was supposed to be only for pre-orders though, did you get the CD too?

I can't believe this used to cost $25...
Actually, it was $20. I think that's a good price for a game and an accessory.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 11, 2012, 08:47:33 PM »
Yup.  CD too. :)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 11, 2012, 08:52:52 PM »

I can't believe this used to cost $25...
Actually, it was $20. I think that's a good price for a game and an accessory.

Just basing it off of the sticker on the one I got (of course they could have inflated the retail price on the clearance sticker to make it look like a better deal).  I haven't played the game, but by first glance it looks like a fairly simple shooting gallery game.  That, and I've never been one to purchase a piece of plastic for my Wii controllers. 

Again, $7 is a point of entry I'm willing to give it a shot for, because unless I find the zapper useful for more than crossbow training, I've just bought a piece of plastic that'll collect dust with my Wii Fit board and Rock Band instruments.

May be worth full retail for some

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 11, 2012, 09:26:06 PM »
Just basing it off of the sticker on the one I got (of course they could have inflated the retail price on the clearance sticker to make it look like a better deal).  I haven't played the game, but by first glance it looks like a fairly simple shooting gallery game.
It was probably originally from GameStop, they sometimes charge $5 more for Wii accessories. They also did this for Motion Plus ($25 instead of $20) and the Wii Wheel ($15 instead of $10). The game is a shooting gallery game but it's a darn good one, and has a nice scoring system. The gun is good if you like to play shooting games, it's definitely easier to hold it steady than just the Wiimote (or I felt that way anyhow). That said, I didn't buy it for $20 either, but for someone who's into shooting games it was a good price.

Yup.  CD too. :)
Nice. Unfortunately, this is probably evidence that the game didn't sell well, which is a shame. :/

Offline Do_What

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: November 12, 2012, 08:08:55 AM »
I also got paper mario on the eshop. It's kind of awesome.
(╯°□°)╯︵ â”»â”â”»

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 13, 2012, 07:20:54 PM »
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 13, 2012, 07:24:24 PM »
Most recent gaming purchase = Modern Warfare 3...on launch day. =(
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #524 on: November 13, 2012, 08:33:22 PM »

Tried to replicate Lionel Messi's excitement. Yeah... not so much. Hah. Can't wait for Sunday.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!