Author Topic: Anyone want PKRS?  (Read 13178 times)

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
Anyone want PKRS?
« on: May 14, 2007, 05:21:56 PM »
So it would seem that a few of my Pokemon got infected with the deadly Pokérus disease. Anyone want me to trade this plague to them?
EDIT: WHAT THE HELL! THEY'VE ALL CURED THEMSELVES! THIS IS A DISASTER!
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
RE: Anyone want PKRS?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 06:28:29 PM »
Well, I've infected some of mine with the pokerus.  You want some more?

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 07:12:39 PM »
What's a pokerus?

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 09:33:08 PM »
I deadly disease that makes the Pokemon gain EV points quicker! resulting in them gaining LOTS of additional stats each level! Immunise your Pokemans to avoid it. (YES I WANT SOME! ANYONE THAT GUY!)
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 01:38:08 AM »
So how does this "cure," do they get re-infected (or is it a one time deal), how long does it last, and how do you prolong it if possible (or maybe keep it around)?

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 09:16:40 AM »
Well, it cures over time or something like that, but, if I'm not mistaken, the effects of Pokerus are permanent.  In each individual game, I believe there is one single outbreak, and after that, none of your pokemon can ever contract it out of thin air, though it can spread through trade.  If a pokemon in your party gets it, it will spread to other pokemon in your party.  If you put one of those in the box, it will spread to the pokemon in that box.  Pokemon cannot get it twice, though.  To keep the disease, just store one of the infected pokemon in the PC.

Anyways, if 18 Days would talk to me when we're both online, I'd be glad to give her something with it.  Of course, she hasn't responded to my latest PM, so it's hard to say when this will happen.  

It seems like the family fell apart after the mafia take-over.  I mean, we used to sit down together and discuss who we should beat with a shovel, and now, everyone just stares at the TV.  It's been a sad, sad few weeks.  I've taken up beating Shecky's pokemon to a pulp to relieve the stored up aggression, nowadays.

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
RE:Anyone want PKRS?
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 04:18:28 PM »

Originally posted by: thatguy
It's been a sad, sad few weeks.  I've taken up beating Shecky's pokemon to a pulp to relieve the stored up aggression, nowadays.

What thatguy fails to mention is that all of my pokemon are part of a community of mentally or physically challenged pokemon.  They often have difficulty executing much of anything and the problem is only made worse if they become confused.  They stress under pressure, often failing to use items or to use them and then fail to follow up.  They don't really understand that they're getting killed out there... although they seem to enjoy it even though a few have needed medical attention after the matches.

Sad.... Sad indeed.

I hear that thatguy's Lickilickys are helping him relax though, I guess the Lickitung weren't cutting it.

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 02:33:54 PM »
Well, I figure not having in on this PKRS is silly... anyone want to trade me an infected magicarp or other such easy to catch pokemon with the PKRS virus?  I'll trade a combee in return.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 02:44:03 PM »
I can trade you something if you give me a minute.

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 02:46:51 PM »
ready when you are....

Thanks for the trades!

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2007, 03:55:27 AM »
So what's the general secret to maintaining infection? Just keep swapping up your party and stuff? I could really benefit from PKRS with this whole Australian PokéTour happenign and all.
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2007, 08:20:04 AM »
Well, once something is infected, even if it is cured, it keeps the EV bonuses rolling in.  However, if it isn't infected anymore, it can't transfer the disease, so you want to infect something to put in the box, so it spreads and you keep it active.

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2007, 10:27:24 AM »
does leaving it in a box keep it from curing itself?

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2007, 10:30:01 AM »
Yep.  It's basically like a freeze, but I think it does contaminate the other Pokemon in the box, too.

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2007, 12:59:40 PM »
Well, I've had that pokemon you gave me in the box for days now and it hasn't infected a thing.  It still has the virus though.

I took it out and tried walking around to no avail as well, checking for status changes every 1000 steps. (and still no result after 5K)

Played a few battles and presto, it spread.

So my guess is that they can only be cured if they're in your party.  It lasts forever in the box, but doesn't infect there (or if it does I don't know what triggers it)  It spreads rapidly (every 3 battles or so) in your active party.

So the goal to prolonging it would be to have an infected pokemon in your party spread it around and then place a few of them in the PC boxes to keep em around.  I'd recommend having 3 or so non-standard use pokemon contract it and then shove those in the box.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2007, 01:05:00 PM »
Did you try taking anything out of the box that you had it in for a little while?  I thought that was how it worked, though I was never too sure.  I knew it spread to your party like that, but I've read it spread to things put in the same box, too.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2007, 01:35:45 PM »

Originally posted by: Shecky
So my guess is that they can only be cured if they're in your party.  It lasts forever in the box, but doesn't infect there (or if it does I don't know what triggers it)  It spreads rapidly (every 3 battles or so) in your active party.

Correct, it only spreads it to other Pokemon in your party. It won't spread it to other Pokemon in the PC.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BitzBlu

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2007, 11:59:57 AM »
Ah! Just today I was blessed with the Pokerus.  Though I've not noticed much change in the stats when leveling. My charmeleon was gaining 3 HP and 1-2 pys-atk at levels 25-30.  Is that really much more than normal?

(Please excuse my newbieness, I'm not trying to impose or anything.)
Delightfully tacky, yet unrefined.

Offline DragonBoyX3

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2007, 08:02:52 AM »
Hey would you mind helpin a guy out and trading me a pokemon with Pkrs?

Offline joegasstation

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2008, 07:49:39 PM »
do you stil have the pokerus?

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
Re: Anyone want PKRS?
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2008, 05:17:04 AM »
I think I still do.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline antpatc

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2009, 05:25:56 PM »
could really use it if anyone is still giving away the virus
:)

Offline BwrJim!

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2009, 12:08:38 PM »
ahhaahahahh..  fun thread.. PKRs like you said spreads through battle.. the easy way is to toss in infected and switch with a healthy and repeat.   PKRS will cure through the Pokemon Center or 24 hours in a party.  so make sure you store them in a pc to keep it.   I dont think the stats keep working once its cured though.. but you do get a smily on the pokemon stats page!   

basically it doubles the EV (effort points) from battles.   Pokemon usually do get good bonuses in low levels as they level to quick.. so the best strategy is to say, hunt staravias in the trophy garden where they are fast and will affect that stat..  the staravias are usually around level 20 in there so bring lvl 30 or so pokemon in and just sweep the staravias only.. Staravias give you a double bonus per fight (not switching with pokemon btw) and you need a total of 2 fights with a staravia to get a +1 in the speed stat.  Now with PKRS, you would only need to fight half as many.  I have bonused at least 6 in one level up usuing this method.  So now my level 66 darkrai has an insane speed and I havent fought a faster one yet.    same with garchomp. 

so basically if your pokemon favors speed, train like that, if it favors say special attck, find a pokemon that great in that and defeat those types.  In order to get a lot of whichever pokemon, use the pokeradar..

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2009, 11:46:26 PM »
WTF
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.