Author Topic: wavebird?  (Read 14029 times)

Offline yeg0

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
wavebird?
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2003, 10:13:19 AM »
Nope...never happened to me...maybe your batteries are low.

Sometimes, when I put in the reciever when the GC is on, it takes a little while to restore the connection with the wavebird.
-yeg0

"HENSHIN-A-GO-GO, BABY!"

Offline thesos21

• View Profile
wavebird?
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2003, 11:03:06 AM »
Sleepyfoo--my Wavebird did the exact same thing. I sent it back to Nintendo and got a new one back and the problem still occured. I've asked a lot about this but no-one has said the have the same problem until now. I don't know what's wrong, I hope someone can help.

Offline Gamer Donkey

• View Profile
wavebird?
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2003, 11:07:19 AM »
Maybe its the Cube.
"Heh, i just saw a petition somewhere for Halo to come to PS2. Hey look a green donkey!"

-Mario (Just found it interesting...)

The Gaming Donkey has returned.

Offline Bice

• View Profile
wavebird?
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2003, 03:27:00 AM »
Yes, Wavebirds are truly awesome...

No problems with mine...YET....except one:

I only have one, and it's obviously the favored controller between my friends and I when we play. So i need 3 more. But I refuse to buy 3 more grey Wavebirds. Nintendo needs to release more colors! I heard they are in Japan, but geez, it's taking forever.

Also, how about a wireless Gameboy Advance link, and a wireless Gameboy-to-Gamecube link? Eh? Ehh??

Offline Gamer Donkey

• View Profile
wavebird?
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2003, 03:52:20 PM »
About the different colors, you could narrow down the choice with 2 platinums and 2 greys, or take the cheap route and use a sharpie to number controller with reciever. I doubt people will care if/when you resell it(hopefully not).
"Heh, i just saw a petition somewhere for Halo to come to PS2. Hey look a green donkey!"

-Mario (Just found it interesting...)

The Gaming Donkey has returned.

Offline Sleepyfoo

• View Profile
wavebird?
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2003, 04:10:33 PM »
Well, the thing that really sucks for me is I have TWO that do this.  And it really doesnt effect anything, it just means you might miss a face off or two a game in nhl 2003 or something to that effect.

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
wavebird?
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2003, 04:32:03 PM »
Sleepyfoo ... that's a classic sign of radio interference.  If you're using a 900MHz portable phone, or some microwaves, they can cause interference, as well as a number of other things.  Even a NEIGHBOR with a 900MHz portable phone can cause interference.
:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153

Offline NickNiteQ93

• View Profile
wavebird?
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2003, 04:47:52 PM »
I love the WaveBird.  Most people bitched because there wouldn't be a rumble, but after I got used to not having to worry about my girl's 3 year old neice pulling the wires, or having to pause and lift the wires for someone to pass, plus the fact I can lay down in my bed and play my Cube, I'm hooked.  I don't even remeber what the rumble felt like, and don't really care.  I'd rather be able to play with my Cube way out of harm's way.  And honestly, I did test my Cube, but dunno how far I got.  But it doesn't really matter.  Nintendo makes it, and they made it with plenty of working distance in mind.  And without IR, it's a dream.  I've got 3, going for 4.  
I think, therefore I wish.  I wish, therefore I'll never get.          

Life is long and hard, so rock out with your cock out.

Nobody is perfect. I am Nobody. Therefore I am perfect.

Offline jarob

• View Profile
wavebird?
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2003, 05:53:57 PM »
This might be a dumb question, but can the GB Advance - GameCube hookup using a wavebird?  With many new and future games utilizing GAmeCube- GB connectivity...

Offline EggyToast

• View Profile
wavebird?
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2003, 06:44:52 PM »
Nope, that's a different type of connection.  If they come out with a GBA/GC Wireless link cable, it would be wireless, but how would you ever work out using a wavebird with a GBA anyway?  Is that what you're asking?

And yeah, the stuttery movement is from radio signal interference.  It happens to be quite a bit because I'm in an apartment building.  Try changing the channel (you got 16 of 'em, after all).

Offline Kuchakor

• View Profile
wavebird?
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2003, 04:31:46 AM »
I've always wanted a wireless GBA-GCN cord, but like the wavebird, it doesnt receive information (rumble) so that would be near-impossible unless you want your batteries dying REAL fast.
Town: TVLand
Name: Kuchakor

Whatya up to Norm?

My ideal weight if I were eleven feet tall.

Offline Mad Xenomorph

• View Profile
wavebird?
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2003, 08:47:18 AM »
In here I read about a rechargable battery pack.

Hasn't anyone ever heard of rechargable AA NiMh batteries? I see these rechargable battery packs for the GBA and other things and I just laugh at the price when compared to the price of MiMH batteries!

Offline StRaNgE

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
wavebird?
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2003, 10:12:07 AM »
so they do or do not have other colors?

in japan if you have one shipped over will it work on a U.S. cube?

if so is there a good online order site? or do i gotta wait for my friend to go to japan next month and pick one up there?

Offline Cerberus

• View Profile
wavebird?
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2003, 10:57:47 AM »

Originally posted by: StRaNgE
so they do or do not have other colors?

in japan if you have one shipped over will it work on a U.S. cube?

if so is there a good online order site? or do i gotta wait for my friend to go to japan next month and pick one up there?

Any accessory works with any Cube and there's only one other color besides gray for the Wavebird and that's platinum. But you'll it need to import it (it's not made in US) so go to Video Game Depot.  
You can pick you friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.