Author Topic: Jungle Beat Demo!  (Read 2425 times)

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
Jungle Beat Demo!
« on: February 18, 2005, 07:12:53 AM »
My Circuit City just got in the latest Gamecube demo (#25, I believe) and it's got Donkey Kong Jungle Beat as a playable demo! It's pretty sweet. It took me a bit to get used to it, but before long I was banging the bongos like a maniac, probably freaking out some customers in the process. Obviously, you'll only be able to find it at kiosks that have the bongo drums already attached.
From what I can remember, it also has demos of RE4, Metroid Prime 2, Mario Tennis, Virtua Quest, and Star Fox Assault.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
RE: Jungle Beat Demo!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 08:24:54 AM »
I was under the impression that Jungle Beat could be played with the regular controller as well, so I wonder why they just don't have it everywhere?
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2005, 09:07:40 AM »
I was under the impression that it sucks with the regular controller, so it doesn't make sense to demo it without the bongos.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2005, 09:12:20 AM »
Can't you just rent it instead?

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2005, 10:31:24 AM »
I hear Blockbuster doesn't rent out the Bongos, so that wouldn't work...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2005, 03:12:57 PM »
DKJB has AWESOME box art.  DK's all determined to kick ass and stuff while the angst monkies behind him want to hurt him.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:Jungle Beat Demo!
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2005, 04:57:45 PM »
Yeah, I played that demo at a Gamestop, and sampled Star Fox and Jungle Beat. Its very impressive. Heck, there was a small line-up after me just to give it a try.

Jumping takes a bit getting used to, since you have to tap both bongos. I tend to over tap and come slamming down.  From what I've played, its a cut-and-dry platformer that's accessible to anyone. The boss was interesting to say the least. Let's just say you need a sense of rhythm to survive.

I think there's a Geist demo/movie too, but I didn't get a chance to play since the line behind me beckoned for progress (aka, "Get out of the line you bum!")
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Jungle Beat Demo!
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2005, 05:00:46 PM »
Ha, I was actually on my second play through of JB when a little kid came in, saw me playing, then begged his mom to let him play. Knowing he probably wouldn't be able to stick around that long anyway, I relinquished the "weird looking controller" (as his mom put it) and after telling him how to control the game, I let him be.

Offline MaleficentOgre

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2005, 05:33:17 PM »
I love the Jungle Beat demo.  Its super fun.