Author Topic: vga box?? please help  (Read 1622 times)

Offline robertpaulson

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
vga box?? please help
« on: January 31, 2005, 10:22:19 AM »
would a dreamcast vga box (with av input - red yellow white --> monitor plug)
work with a gamecube? it seems like it would, just using the av cord for gamecube
and plugging it in, but i don't really know

Offline TMW

• The Man Whore, if you're wondering.
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: vga box?? please help
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 10:27:16 AM »
No...it would not.  The plug that goes into the back of the GC is different than the DC.  

However, you can typcially pick up a GC VGA cord for $10-$15 if you look hard enough.  
Jesus saves! Everyone else, roll for damage.<BR><BR>Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there's not an invisible monster about to eat your face off.

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
RE: vga box?? please help
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 11:51:22 PM »
at least the Revolution will plug straight into a computer monitor
And hopefully the Game Boy Evolution, or Extreme, or whatever will come with cables to hook it straight into a TV or monitor... or better yet, the GBE and Revolution could just be able to connect out of the box, meaning you could run your GBE on a TV/monitor through the Revolution, meaning if you have both you don't need to buy a freaking 50 dollar accessory just to play with a revolution controller or on a TV...
Of course the best deal would be if the Revolution just played GBE games directly...one less system to buy

Offline ueckerjc

• View Profile
RE:vga box?? please help
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2005, 05:30:06 AM »
In order to use the the gamecube on a PC monitor you have to usea scaler (creates more pixels from the standard NTSC signal). A dreamcast had the ability to directly send out a 640*480 signal.  

I have an XGA box for sale if you are interested (it is used nad has some scratches but works good). It has composite and S-vdeo in and scales the image up to 1024x768 pixels. I ahve used it for the past few months to play my Gamecube on my Viewsonic LCD monitor.  I am selling it for $35 shipped (payed $75 new) and am including an Svideo cable, VGA cable, and RCA brand switchbox so you can hook up whatever else you want to the monitor (DVD, other systems, VCR. etc...)

I have positive feedback at ebay under "jan_uecker"

email me at jcuecker@longwood.edu if your interested.