Author Topic: Nintendo Selects Line For 3DS Expands In North America February 5  (Read 1357 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

Some surprising additions, if only because they weren't in the program already.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/46224/nintendo-selects-line-for-3ds-expands-in-north-america-february-5

The Nintendo Selects family will be adding some new-to-North America members in a couple of weeks.

February 5 will see Super Mario 3D Land, The Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds, and Ultimate NES Remix join the discounted line. New packaging will be released for the physical versions that will cost US$19.99/C$29.99, while the same prices will be applied to the digital versions.

Super Mario 3D Land and Link Between Worlds have already been a part of the Selects program in Europe.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Selects Line For 3DS Expands In North America February 5
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 03:52:25 PM »
3D Land at least had a price drop, so it was previously $30 instead of $40. I felt like Link Between Worlds had gone out of print, so nice to see it back.

The one of these I don't have is Ultimate NES Remix, but I already have NES Remix on Wii U so I don't feel like there's enough else there to warrant buying it.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Selects Line For 3DS Expands In North America February 5
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 10:13:37 AM »
The headline tag about sums up my thoughts. These are games that probably should have been part of the line-up already and I never really thought about them not being in the line-up until being announced as part of the line-up.

In the end, though, I pretty much own all the major Nintendo released 3DS titles released prior to 2017 aside from a couple exceptions like Mario Party: Star Rush, Poochy and Yoshi's Woolly World and a couple of the Style Savvy games so the Nintendo Selects line isn't going to have much to offer me unless it throws in something like an Ultimate NES Remix. But like Mop it up, I've got the Wii U NES Remix collection so I don't see the point of getting it for the 3DS much like I haven't bothered getting Mario Maker for the 3DS.

Now if Nintendo Selects included 3rd party games then there might be a lot more that this line could include to interest me as there are plenty of 3rd party games I'm still interested in acquiring at some point.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.