Author Topic: Official Australian PGC visitors disscussion about anything thread  (Read 463190 times)

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Official Australian PGC visitors disscussion
« Reply #475 on: April 28, 2003, 04:06:38 PM »
Yeah, the whole 2004 thing is odd.
Hopefully they'll attempt to make the interviews a bit more exciting. Watching a stupid twit get hit over and over while fighting a boss isn't that fun. Also, having an interview with basically no talk (Blinx)

I'll most likely pick it up, if it's under $50 that is.
.. Or I could just do what I did with last years, pick it up in March when it badly outdated for $6.95 at EB =D

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: April 28, 2003, 04:23:25 PM »
I'm gonna try and sell my 2001 and 2002 DVDs. There's no point in having it now.

The 2003/4(!) DVD actually looks worth it, but it's only as good as the quality of the footage, and if they suck, then no, I won't get it. If it's under 10 bucks, then yeah I will, but i won't when it's released.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #477 on: April 28, 2003, 04:40:18 PM »
I'd bet you'd make a pretty penny if you were to sell your '01 E3 DVD via Ebay. It's impossible to buy in shops now days..

Offline joeyjojo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 28, 2003, 06:12:31 PM »
uhhhhhh. i think im up to the stage where all the monkey robots appear. which is 8 i think.
how cool is the level "bangles" or "loops" or something. its in the washingmachine world. that was really fun.

10 days till zelda + 13 days till jury duty = well, i dont really know what it equals but its probably not good.

im actually pretty excited about this whole jury duty deal. im mean, i get paid, i get to see a court case, i get to deliberate a verdict, accept bribes, be threatened and/or murdered by the accused, throw someone in gaol. OR set them FREE... yaaayy. happy sunshine!

"OMG! I gotz teh powerup guys!"
-rick "powerup" powers

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: April 28, 2003, 08:14:26 PM »
yeah, that's world 8.
that 8 bracelets level in world 7 was kick ass. I had a good replay of that.
it's the best one where when you beat it you're like...Yeah, kick ass!
I did around 6 of the levels in world 8. then i deleted everything. arrgh!

and what??? you have to do jury duty? I thought that was an American thing? Do we all have to do jury duty?  

EDIT: And hey Infernal, I'll check out Ebay. It might be good. But then again, I can just go to Cash Converters in Parramatta and trade it in quicksmart there.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: April 28, 2003, 08:39:59 PM »
hehe yeah we have jury duty as well, you get in trouble if you dont attend too my advice, take a gameboy

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 29, 2003, 01:49:26 AM »
WOAH! Wind Waker is teh sytem seller!!!!! Me and some friends were strolling around Ashfield between classes and like there was a GC there and they were like, "omg, G@Y!" so one guy started playing it and a minute later they were like " OMFGGOTY!" With a killer combination of graphics and gameplay, i bet Zelda will be the savior of Nintendo Australia. We shall see peasants, Wind Waker will be GOTY! Sorry im just really excited because Wind Waker is only..... *does insane mathematical calculation*.... 10 days away!

WEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, tis a great time to be a gamer, or more specifically, a NINTENDO gamer! YEAH!

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 29, 2003, 02:16:56 AM »

Originally posted by: Termin8Anakin

Originally posted by: AiAi

I dare you to compete with me for the pretty boy title!

Accepted!

Actually, I was just saying that for the chicks to come to my site. No competition here. Sorry. I just need to dig into my batch of photos from my cousin's wedding last month....now where is it?
Hmmm.....

I was only kidding...

Your TV should accept 60Hz.  TVs we buy these days should have 60Hz mode, unless it's a small or cheap TV.  I know mine does (err, my parent's does), which they got over a year ago, and I made sure it did.

Originally posted by: Infernal Monkey

Originally posted by: Mario

Oh, and WTF is up with the broken GC in Target? One of the controllers looks like it's been torn apart by monkeys! And it has those fuzzy dots on the screen. I smell CORRUPTION! *looks at Bill Gates somehow*

Yeah, sorry 'bout that. Me an AiAi were bored =D

Next time, we will make an effort to tear apart the xbox controllers.  Trust us!

BTW, I can't believe that the Zelda bonus disc only supports 60Hz.  That really is beyond stupid.
And yeah, today I got an appointment time and date from someone, and guess what date it was?  9th of May.  I'm going to have to change the date.  I want to spend that day with Zelda.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 29, 2003, 02:19:44 AM »
Haha. No arguements there Mario.

And guess what people? After only one hour of playing, I'm back up to World 7 in Super Monkey Ball 2! Yeah Baby! I did that 8 Bracelets level in one go, no joke. The level that gave me the most frustration was 'Combination' on world 6. It's not hard, it was just frustrating.

And I've got like 500000 points! When I was on World 8 yesterday, I only had 300000 points! Those other goals (the red and green ones) give you like 15000 points! Top that with the time bonus (total points x2) and that's top scores!
Yeah, I'm so proud of myself.

EDIT: Yo AiAi, I knew you were kidding. Take note of this quote:

"Accepted!

Actually, I was just saying that for the chicks to come to my site
..."

I think we'll leave it at that.

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 29, 2003, 03:04:58 AM »
I was thinking about Animal Crossing (population growing!), and what the Nintendo rep said at the Pokemon event at Sydney.  Are you sure he didn't mean Animal Crossing 2 was coming to Australia?  Because there has still been no announcement on the first game release date on their website, and I'm going crazy.  And I really don't wanna get a Freeloader and import the game.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 29, 2003, 10:52:39 PM »
well.. i just read another thread somewhere, and it said animal crossing 2 will be 2004? and i mean crimeny, nintendo cant hate us that much, so yay lets hope 1 comes out i so want it!

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 29, 2003, 11:33:45 PM »
I tell you, between Zelda: WW, Skies of Arcadia and Golden Sun: The Lost Age, and the fact I have no free time, this would be a great month for RPG fans. Curse the fact I have no money!

Zelda's a given, but which other one should I get?

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 30, 2003, 01:13:33 AM »
a loan
depends what console you think needs more lovin' im getting SoA over GS2 cause i haven't finnished GS1 yet, but as soon as i do ill get GS2

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 30, 2003, 02:07:04 AM »
SONIC MEGA COLLECTION GET!

Yay, i finnaly got it and it ROCKS! I played Sonic 1 for a bit, then went straight on to Sonic 2. All the memories and tunes are flooding back into my brain, its awesome! I actually nearly finished Sonic 2, but i lost all my continues at the last level (the plane one). Then i gave Sonic 3 a go, and i love the music in that game it rocks! Sonic 3D is ok, not as good as the rest but its still not bad. That bean puzzle game is addictive as hell! Yay sonic! OMG i think im gonna cry

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 30, 2003, 02:14:05 AM »
sunik merger correction get!

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 30, 2003, 02:55:23 AM »
Sorry, but I'm not really a Sonic fan. I found the Activision Anthology (i think that's right) at EB on saturday - old school style!
I grew up on those games, like Pitfall and Frogger.

If I had a PS2 I'd get that after Zelda. I'll probably get SoA because I sold off GS1 after I finished it, before I heard of the linkup with the sequel

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 30, 2003, 03:20:14 PM »
Yay! *Mario has recieved Skunknic Megia Connnection!*

Good luck unlocking all the games, it takes a looooooong time. (You have to enter and exit every game 50 times!!!!)
But one of the rewards is that awesome scary game you saw, with the birds, and the single screen, and the scary title screen music, OH YEAH!!!

Hey, there's also three versions of Sonic 1 in there! Only just found that out yesterday, there's the original, with the moving clouds in the background, then there's the PAL version, with no moving clouds, screwed up level order and slow gameplay, THEN there's an updated Japanese version that features minor bug fixes and slightly better sounds!
Too lazy to go get the cheat, you can find it on gamewinners.com =P

And Shifty, Activision Anthology rocks, I've got that little gem on PS2.
47 Atari 2600 games, plus their original TV adverts to unlock! Yay, hilarious adverts!

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 30, 2003, 05:20:04 PM »
Man, I saw X-Men 2 yesterday. F**cking awesome movie.

And I'm up to World 10 in Super Monkey Ball 2! Yeah! I was up till 3am last night playing it. So tired. And as the cool dude Joeyjojo just told me, only 8 more days till Zelda!

You know, I'm not into Sonic at all. I saw you guys playing it at Infernal's house, at I was like 'cool, I'll have a go', but you have no time explore, or even know where you're going! I hate that! I want to explore the wonderful detail that Sonic Team put all their hard-working, precious time into. And that stupid timer makes it even more impossible for me to play. Playing Sonic Advnture 2 was OK, though, but the controls and the level layout just sucked.

And AiAi, the Nintendo rep said Animal Crossing WAS coming to Australia. The first one. There's been NOTHING on Animal Crossing 2 yet (other than that it was announced), so I don't think the rep even knows if it's coming here or not. So its the first one. Just be glad it's coming out here at all.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 30, 2003, 06:03:09 PM »
Hey everybody.
Just watching Pokemon now, and Cam Shea from Hyper is going to be on Cheez TV for the next couple of weeks talking games. And since he's not affiliated with Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft, this may be interesting to watch.

So Cheez TV for the next couple of weeks people! Now, back to Pokemon and my beautiful Macaroni Cheese pasta!

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 30, 2003, 07:34:16 PM »
Wow, I should start getting up in time to watch Cheez TV then!

I have a feeling he'll only be discussing G rated games though. You watch, we'll have him discuss the latest Yu-Gu-Oi (or whatever the hell it's called) game on PSOne, Spyro on PS2/GC, Pick your bum on Xbox, Pokemon Ruby on GBA...

I'd be very surprised if they actually talked about stuff like Metroid Prime, Mark of Kri, Mortal Kombat: DA and so on..

But yeah, have to wait and see!

*Waits and sees*

... My eyes, the goggles do nothing!

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: April 30, 2003, 08:14:01 PM »
I saw Cam today for a brief moment - he had the GBA SP - curse him!

I wouldn't be surprised if Cam mentions Zelda in the next few days, as it is only 8 days to go!
Man, Zelda WW got 98 in Nintendo Gamer this month! Along with 91 for SoA! (not bad for a DC port)

Stuff it, i'm going to EB. I'll report back with news on SoA if it's in. Partly because its eight days too early for Zelda.
I found this wicked WW comic at Force Monkeys. This is the link:
http://www.gamespy.com/comics/forcemonkeys/comics/04-08-03/

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 30, 2003, 08:45:03 PM »
yeah i got the new nintendo gamer too, goto kelly's mail bag and read the peonic f00l of a poster that says "zelda's new cell shading DOES NOT fit in with zelda's style" this is aparently from a zelda fan, only played OoT/MM anyone? :\ what a peon if LttP was made on gamecube this is exactly waht it would look like
im going to rain some DOOM down apon his filthy DOOMed head >=|

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: May 01, 2003, 01:02:55 AM »
It's weird, cause I've only ever played Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask as well.
A Link to the Past on GBA is the first old Zelda game I've ever played.

Kill me if you will, but I wasn't into games as much as I was until I got the net and found a whole community of people like me, and that's when I got into it more.

My friend, who LOVES games of all types, refuses to buy Wind Waker. Why? The graphics are just plain SHlT. So I asked him, did he love Ocarina of Time? 'Yeah'. So I said 'Wind Waker's better than Ocarina of Time'. Then he goes 'But I don't wanna play anything that looks like that'.

You know, Cel-Shading has been discriminated so much it's not funny anymore. Regardless of the excellent gameplay, some people are still calling Wind Waker a crap game. It's like people have developed this stubborn view of cel-shading, like it's the bastard of all gaming or something. I think those people would buy a game like Defender before they ever touch Zelda. These sad sick people.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: May 01, 2003, 01:35:05 AM »
ocarina was my first zelda too, but i dont use that as a way to call my self teh leet zelda know it all. unlike this guy, celshading is beautiful! i wish more games looked like the wind waker does. ohwell those people cant apreciate it, there are plenty of people who can

OH FORK
i almost forgot, Mario I THINK YOUR IN THE NEW NINTENDO GAMER it has a section on the Pokemon Playoff, im pretty sure its you!! YOUR TEH FAMUS!!

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: May 01, 2003, 01:43:44 AM »
I think PIAC's right. Mario IS in Nintendo Gamer!
But it's just his back. Haha. "this is the geek retinal scan center", and Mario's right in the middle of it! Haha.