Author Topic: Mighty Mafia Power Rangers: Day 4 - Green with Mafia  (Read 11491 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Mighty Mafia Power Rangers: Day 4 - Green with Mafia
« on: May 24, 2010, 02:16:36 PM »
Damnit - forgot to hit send...

There is one Monster Active - Stumpy the Wonder Dog.
There are three Rangers     active.

Maxi is dead via vote

Day Actions that need to be   done:
VOTE!    VOTE!  GET OUT AND VOTE, BITCHES!

Bulk/Skull can     make a guess in this thread as to who they think is the three Rangers.
The     Monster needs to send me his choice of two weapons to be his weakness.
The     three Rangers need to send me the weapon they wish to attack the     monster with.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Mighty Mafia Power Rangers: Day 4 - Green with Mafia
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 03:12:43 PM »
Well, since I'm finally here again, I guess I should play. With today being a holiday, this is probably my best chance to get a little mafia action. I thought today was the restart day. Sorry about missing Friday.

Unfortunately, I really haven't studied this game much. But I think I came up with a better solution for the whole monster problem. I don't know if anyone wants it now but I'll post it in a little while here for consideration.

In the meantime, I should at least vote. So, for now I'll go with Maxi and un-MOP IT UP
. I know Maxi was trying to do what he could for the townies so I'll go with his guess right now while I try and do some thinking on the game.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 10:54:03 PM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 03:47:27 PM »
I was going to vote for Nickmitch instead of Maxi on Friday, but I had to penalize Maxi for failing to grasp the spirit of the game by truly becoming a monster.

I like bandwagons though, so I'll go with vote mop_it_up for now.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 04:37:16 PM »
un-vote vudu

Maxi had no reason to suspect Mop it up, other than the fact that she hasn't been participating.  I've checked that out, and the fact is, normally Mop it up posts early in the morning after new days have started, and late at night, near the end of the day.  With the days starting around or even after noon, it's clear why we've seen less participation from her than one might expect:  She's not around to make half the posts she normally does.

On the other hand, vudu couldn't control himself or his temper because of Maxi's decision to out he was a monster.  Normally, I believe vudu would be reasonably upset at the matter, but had he been on the townie's side, I think he would have let the events pass a little easier.  I think vudu may be one of the first real baddies in the game, Zedd or Rita.

Going on Maxi's suggestion, when he was focused purely on saving himself, seems like a bad idea to me.  I think he was in a panic and voted for someone he'd seen votes go for before, hoping to start something against them to save himself, plain and simple.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 04:58:58 PM »
For the record, I'm pissed at Maxi because instead of playing the game like he was supposed to he decided to act like a little bitch.  My reaction had nothing to do with my alliance.

For what it's worth this will probably be my last mafia game for at least a while.  The game loses its charm when the best strategy is non-participation and those that do participate refuse to play by the rules.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 05:20:29 PM »
You could try... I don't know, PMing the players you want to be more active.  That usually works for me.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 05:32:33 PM »
You say that now but wait until you see the awesome explosion Thatguy and myself have coming your way next game. But I do admit, I've been guilty of not-participating. I use to be able to watch the game a lot at work and later in the evening but lately, I've been given more responsibility at work and just have the time to check in. Then in the evening, I'm busy with other things in my life and even simple things like getting supper ready. It's not a strategy, it's just circumstances at the moment.

As for the Maxi thing, my thoughts on it are this. It's great he found a loophole and tried to use it. That is a form if gameplay strategy. But when that loophole was closed, he should have moved on and played according to the spirit of the game instead of coming and saying he was a monster and to save him. If I was around, I would have voted him out as well. We shut the game down to fix things and he still wants to oppose the way things are. I'm not mafia but I get the outrage. When I read the days thread, I wanted to vote Maxi out also.

And on that point, why am I not mafia yet? Is it to obvious or something? There's been 3 monsters drafted and I keep getting passed over? If you look at my past games, one of things that should stand out about me is my willingness to ditch the townie side and join the mafia. Clearly, you need some help on the matter since your inspired choices so far all died right away or didn't want to work with you. Maybe the choice us too obvious so you want to play it cool and not select me right away. Fine. But you better start selecting some good players soon or you might be the first mafia to never get a single hit. 

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 05:38:23 PM »
Maybe it's because you haven't been playing so much?

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 05:40:23 PM »
And on that point, why am I not mafia yet? Is it to obvious or something? There's been 3 monsters drafted and I keep getting passed over? If you look at my past games, one of things that should stand out about me is my willingness to ditch the townie side and join the mafia. Clearly, you need some help on the matter since your inspired choices so far all died right away or didn't want to work with you. Maybe the choice us too obvious so you want to play it cool and not select me right away. Fine. But you better start selecting some good players soon or you might be the first mafia to never get a single hit. 

Good point.  Remind me to vote you out tomorrow.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 05:47:49 PM »
Touche

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 05:48:54 PM »
Well, I thought that might be part of it but there have been a couple games in the past where I wasn't around or able to play much but that didn't prevent the mafia from whacking me then. I figure if I was enough of a threat to be killed despite hardly playing, surely I should be considered a bonus for conscription even if I can't do too much. But I guess it is the mafia way to leave the players who don't do much around and go after the active. So maybe I should go back to lying low since the townies probably have a better shot at winning. Frankly, I think Bulk and Skull and are the bigger threats to the townies than the mafia at the moment. They can strike at anytime and win the game.

Still, after not being targeted by the mafia last game and not getting drafted this game, what am I doing wrong? If GP wasn't dead already, I'd think she was one of the mafia going by last game.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 05:57:06 PM »
I'm going to change my vote.  I've been thinking that vudu might've been the one that chose Maxi, but I'm beginning to hope he was smarter than that, and would've realized Maxi's course of actions upon becoming a monster.

Instead, I'm going to vote for Toruresu as soon as I un-vote above.

un-vote Toruresu

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 06:04:59 PM »
Hmm...Funny how the opening post doesn't tell us if Maxi was a townie/mafia. Yeah, it might be obvious, but still, I would've liked official confirmation. I also believe Mop it up has't posted much because she is busy with stuff I guess, mainly playing MH3. Could she be one of the rangers? Wasn't a ranger like, not active much before?

I headed to a funerary service in 1 hour and I don't think I'll be back in time to make another post.

UNVOTE SESSHA
He/she has posted before, but has not been active, even though (I think) it's the first game he/she has participated in and this is exactly what I'd do if I was new at this and had a role, lay low and hope for the best.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 06:45:00 PM by Toruresu »
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 06:06:15 PM »
So, thatguy, why the vote for me? For the record, I am a townie.
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2010, 06:07:03 PM »
It's definitely not Sessha's first rodeo.

I'm voting for you because I think you're someone who'd choose Maxi as a mafia mate, really.

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2010, 06:11:11 PM »
Well, to be honest, I'm not 'close' to anyone here to choose as a Mafia player, but if I had to choose, I'd go with Stratos (have his phone #, guess thats close, at least to communicate) and/or people that were good Mafia players.

Alright, it's not Sessha's first time then. I'll vote for you in simple retaliation.

UNVOTE THATGUY
And remember, after I'm gone, I can't post anything else.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 06:45:23 PM by Toruresu »
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2010, 06:15:53 PM »
Picking Stratos wouldn't do you any good, though.  He was dead before the first monster was summoned, and you would have had second pick, anyway, if you chose Maxi.

So keep in mind, in general, that the first villain choose Halbred and the second choose Maxi.  I think Maxi is the easier lead to work on, though, since he's a more active player.

Does anyone have any suggestions not out as to who would've picked Maxi?  My guesses, at least public ones, were vudu first, then Toruresu.  My vote certainly isn't in stone, but I don't believe that Mop it up would've picked him, to be fair.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2010, 06:17:36 PM »
Vote Toruresu

Most of his activity was in the day 3 thread where he expressed his disappointment in Maxi. I guess it's not much to go on, but he seemed more annoyed by it than most people.

Khushrenada, do you remember the first two days? The delay might have caused a disconnect with those events, let's not forget them. Maxi helped vote out two townies, so I wouldn't be so quick to trust his judgment.

Sessha voted for both Stratos and GoldenPhoenix, both townies. He could be up to something, it wouldn't surprise me.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 11:52:02 PM by Mop it up »

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2010, 06:26:27 PM »
Well, like I said, I got his phone number. Remember my Mafia game suggestion? I would've had fun with some text messages

I just noted something. Since Zed/Rita get a monster every other day, they don't have to be active everyday at all.
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2010, 06:33:33 PM »
Well, I guess the bandwagon has started against me.

For the record, I'm a townie.

Edit: Oops! I hit the reply button by accident.

About the day 3 replies and Maxi. I was/am very VERY angry at his actions, because I feel he was breaking the rules of the game, thus making it less fun for me. If he had the chance to be Mafia, he should have embraced it as part of the game. Vudu's reply was harsh, and because it was so, I sent him a PM about it.

So, if I participate too much it's a sign I'm Mafia but if I don't, it's also a sign I'm Mafia.

Once again, I'm changing my vote, this time for survival.

UNVOTE MOP IT UP
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 06:56:06 PM by Toruresu »
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2010, 06:41:50 PM »
With the low participation? Yes it is.
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2010, 06:50:15 PM »
Does anyone have any suggestions not out as to who would've picked Maxi? 

For what it's worth, my guess would have been Mop it up--she seems like the kind of gal who would like to screw with Maxi (especially if Stratos weren't' available).  Right now I'm leaning towards her, but like you said earlier, she hasn't been that active this game so maybe she's innocent.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2010, 07:06:21 PM »
I'm 80% sure Mop it up doesn't mess with Maxi like that.  She'd do that to Stratos with the belief that she'd lose as mafia and take him down, too, but after Stratos were gone, Maxi wouldn't be the second choice in that regard, though if she were Zordon, Maxi would be a choice to be a Power Ranger.  Do you see what I'm saying?  I don't think she'd do it to Maxi because she'd actually like to help Maxi, rather than drive him mad.

Hence, for now, she's above my suspicion about the Maxi choice.