Author Topic: Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night Wii U Goal Confirmed  (Read 2609 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night Wii U Goal Confirmed
« on: May 26, 2015, 03:08:50 PM »

The social goals are done, just bring money.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/40314/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-wii-u-goal-confirmed

As teased last week, Koji Igarashi's spiritual successor to the Game Boy Advance and DS Castlevania games Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night will come to Wii U if the project reaches US$3m before June 13.

The project is currently funded to the tune of $2.75m between Kickstarter and PayPal pledges, and based on reaching this pledge level will be Igarashi's "biggest game ever". Jake "virt" Kaufmann will also contribute songs to the game's soundtrack as well as returning composers from the Castlevania series.

Should the $3m goal be reached, Armature Studios will be contracted to handle the Wii U version. The studio originally founded by former Retro Studios executives who worked on the Metroid Prime series, Armature's most recent releases for Nintendo systems were Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate for 3DS in 2013 and the Deluxe Edition of the game for Wii U in 2014.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night Wii U Goal Confirmed
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 10:23:15 PM »
Armature's resume will include Metroid and Vania.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 10:47:57 PM by Shaymin »

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 10:26:40 PM »
For the low, LOW price of $3 million, you TOO can have a low-priority port of Iga's Castlevania knock-off done by a mediocre development team that's never made a notable game since they split away from Nintendo...due for release long after the Wii U's ceased to be even the blip on the gaming industry's radar it already is. I'd rather have a Vita port, thanks, if we're looking at porting games to devices no one owns.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 11:09:54 PM »
On the other hand... I'm actually excited by this news.  Not excited enough to put up money before the game is actually available, but certainly excited enough to buy on Wii U once it's released.

Only thing that could be better is if it got a retail release, a la Mighty No. 9!
NNID: ejamer

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 12:24:54 AM »
Pretty neat.
While there are problems and unresolved issues with all parties and products involved here, it would be good to see the game come out well and on Wii U.

Offline NeoStar9X

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 01:02:41 AM »
There it is. Armature. That's not a positive name drop at all. Their track record hasn't been  good on Nintendo platforms. Sony platforms on the other hand sure. So not only will a Wii U version come if 3 million is hit and it's being done by a questionable at best or a straight up bad developer worse. Nope. That does not at all make want to put any money down towards this.

Offline NeoStar9X

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 01:05:27 AM »
There it is. Armature. That's not a positive name drop at all. Their track record hasn't been good on Nintendo platforms. Sony platforms on the other hand sure. So not only will a Wii U version come if 3 million is hit, and that's a claim that might not actually be delivered on based on past kickstarters and it's being done by a questionable at best or a straight up bad developer worse. Nope. That does not at all make want to put any money down towards this.

Offline tyto_alba

• Localization =/= Censorship
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 02:44:18 AM »
Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate is one of my favourite 3DS games. There were some technical problems with certain Boss fights, but the 3D looked great. If they add 3D to the Bloodstained version, it might just be the best version out there. If you like 3D that is.

Offline tyto_alba

• Localization =/= Censorship
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 02:46:37 AM »
oops, just noticed they are only making a Wii U version. Well, let's hope they make it to 4 million $ then.

Offline motang

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2015, 09:42:28 AM »
Now that I can back!  ;D

Online Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2015, 11:42:26 AM »
On the complaints about Armature, Bloodstained is going to be a much easier game to port then their previous titles were.  All their other ports were of big budget retail games that were all 3D, which offered a lot more problems.  Bloodstained on the other hand is a 2D game being made on a low budget by IGA, so you know it's not exactly going to be pushing the PS4/One hardware, making the porting much easier as well.

So yeah, porting this game isn't exactly going to be rocket science.  If Armature can't handle this then they might as well just leave the industry and go back to school for something else because they clearly fail at their choosen profession.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2015, 12:37:24 PM »
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is officially billed as 2.5D and built on Unreal Engine 4. Last I checked (which admittedly was a while ago), Unreal Engine 4 doesn't support Wii U, and Epic's official line is if a developer wants to use Unreal Engine 4 on Wii U, it can port the engine itself. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is also higher budget than pretty much all of IGA's sprite based Castlevania games since it's in HD and he can't reuse assets from previous games. That said, I don't think the port is going to be quite as easy as you're making it out to be, but I hope Armature Studio figures it out all the same.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2015, 12:13:01 AM »
You know, I've been cleaning old pictures off my hard drive lately to make my backup files smaller, and I came across a picture of Jonny handling Iga's whip. Flashback Friday!

I don't know why I have this picture...