Author Topic: GameCube Controller Adapter Announced for Wii U  (Read 9888 times)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Re: GameCube Controller Adapter Announced for Wii U
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2014, 08:18:19 AM »
After giving this some thought, I'll probably get the controller adapter but hold off on the controllers. I have 6 GameCube Controllers (four Wavebirds, two wired). The43 in excellent shape because I switched my original controllers for better ones in 2008 when you could find peripherals easily even after people moved on to new consoles.
A thought occurs to me.

As far as Smash Bros. goes, this is a pretty big deal.

If Nintendo was willing to let this slip early... what do they have saving for the main event?
It could be nothing. Nintendo tends to have uneven announcements. They're like a person who doesn't understand inflection so they emphasize the wrong words in a sentence. Then again, Sakurai is very good at hype (e.g. ending the Brawl trailer with Snake, the new games with Mega Man). He revealed a lot in the Smash Direct weeks ago which may be hard to top. An exclusive new mode is in the Wii U version could be interesting. Another third party character could be it though I can't think of one more desired than Mega Man.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2014, 01:31:20 PM »
Regarding the E3 "main event", this SSB thing is cool but is has very niche appeal and is certainly not going to save the Wii U.  It might end up being the highlight of Nintendo's E3 but it sure as hell shouldn't be.  I mean this isn't even a new game announcement.  If they want to hope to salvage the Wii U they certainly need something a fair bit bigger than this.  If Nintendo has a great E3 this is exactly the sort of thing that can be revealed ahead of time.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2014, 10:21:25 AM »
I have 4 perfect wavebirds so this will be great. I do hope it gets extra uses such as for a Gamecube virtual console. Though, I already own most of the Gamecube games I would want barring a few niche titles so a Gamecube VC may not be to exciting for me.

I will get the Smash controller because it is bound to become a collectors item and I should get a few spares for when I get around to building my Mario Kart Double Dash 16 player LAN rig.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast