Author Topic: Animal Crossing Hits Australia Soon  (Read 2378 times)

Offline LassePalle

• PGC Staff Writer
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Animal Crossing Hits Australia Soon
« on: September 14, 2003, 10:56:10 PM »
The long-awaited PAL version of Animal Crossing is only a little more than a month away. Find out the exact launch date.

TALK TO THE ANIMALS

Melbourne, Australia, September 15th 2003 – Cross over to a world that thrives 24-7 on the Nintendo GameCube in Animal Crossing, launching October 17th, 2003.

Animal Crossing allows players to interact with a virtual village of animals who are doing something different every minute of every day. With Animal Crossing’s 24 hour clock, the games unique events can be in-sync with real time – as day turns to night in the real world, the sun will also begin to set in the game. The seasons will change and special events will also occur in real time.

Sail to a special island within the game by linking the Nintendo GameCube with a Game Boy Advance™. Players can load their customised character onto a Nintendo GameCube Memory Card for use in a friend’s game and explore the world they have created.

The dynamic set-up will have players coming back every day to carry out their daily routines, build relationships with fellow villagers, celebrate special days, collect furnishings for homes and live life in an innovative place that is a world of its own.

Animal Crossing is rated G by the Office of Film and Literature Classification and will have a suggested retail price of $99.95.  

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Animal Crossing Hits Australia Soon
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2003, 11:52:08 PM »
*does a dance* owww $100, ohwell, ill still get it... and stuff

YES FINALLY ANIMAL CROSSING WILL BE MINE

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2003, 12:56:31 AM »
It will actually be mine, not yours
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Opi van Knobi

• View Profile
RE:Animal Crossing Hits Australia Soon
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2003, 03:13:39 AM »
What's with a German version? Will be the PAL-version released in germany, too??

Offline Patch

• View Profile
RE:Animal Crossing Hits Australia Soon
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2003, 03:19:25 PM »
Ah. Finally.

...Oh dear. It would seem that I cannot purchase this game, as I ALREADY SPENT $125 ON AC AND A FRIGGING ACTION REPLAY. A *YEAR* AGO.

Thanks Nintendo Australia! I hope you all choke on your tongues while you sleep.

Or better yet, I want a cheque for $100 in the mail, please.

To all the UK / PAL gamers: I urge you to ignore Nintendo EU's plea to not import your games from Oz. IMPORT AWAY. Because lord knows how long it will take for a release over there.

*rant over.
Ex-Editor at GameBiz!
Ex-Editor of Xbox AU!
Freelance writer for-hire; self-proclaimed sexologist.

"...Do not fold, spindl

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2003, 12:49:31 AM »
that and we want to import from you, i need ikargua damn it.

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2003, 02:49:54 PM »
your money is funny and is this going to be Animal Crossing 1.5?
Who am I kidding, no one is going to read this for a hundred years!

hello 2103 SCIENTISTS WHO STUDY ANCIENT INTERNET please dig up my corpse and reanimate me! I'm burried in a concrete bunker under south west North Carolina.  Don't worry I can assure that my dead body will be bunker fresh!  

show me this future you speak of but first get me a taco if it isn't in pill form.  AND PLEASE NO TACOES MADE OUT OF PEOPLE, I DO NOT LIKE HUMAN MEAT.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2003, 01:43:31 AM »
err...

and as far as i know its a strait port of the US one..

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2003, 07:38:07 AM »
Ack! It's not 2103 yet!  2103 SCIENTIST WHO STUDIES ANCIENT INTERNET you must get back to the future before it is too late!