Author Topic: Capcom to Deliver a New GBA Zelda  (Read 4407 times)

Offline msuzuki

• Staff Writer
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Capcom to Deliver a New GBA Zelda
« on: February 24, 2003, 06:53:02 PM »
An interview in Power Unlimited reveals more Zelda GBA goodness coming thanks to Capcom.  There's another reason to go to E3 this year!

Dutch gaming magazine Power Unlimited recently sat down with Shigeru Miyamoto and Eiji Aonuma for an exclusive interview to discuss the upcoming Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.  In the interview, it was revealed that Capcom is making another handheld Zelda game for the GBA and that this new game will be shown at E3 this May.  Additionally, Miyamoto concluded the interview by stating that "We have many new games for you at E3!"  Check out the full story (in Dutch) at Power Unlimited's website.

Offline yeg0

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2003, 03:41:20 AM »
Alright! One more GBA Zelda game. I can't wait 'til E3.

Capcom is  doing this one again. Looks like Nintendo likes their style.
-yeg0

"HENSHIN-A-GO-GO, BABY!"

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2003, 09:30:09 AM »
An interesting turn of events. I was worried that Link would not have an original GBA adventure to star in. I loved Link to the Past (Haven't played 4 swords yet, no wants to play with me )  and  Link is due for an all new romp-fest on the little screen.

Maybe we'll we see Mario in his own original adventure on GBA? One can only hope....
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline AlbinoPanda

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2003, 11:18:59 AM »
According to Game Informer Magazine, the title of the new Zelda GBA game is The Legend of Zelda: The Triforce Gods/Four Swords.  It looks like it's going to be two new games, instead of one.  Unless they release the same version of Four Swords, which wouldn't be smart, although everyone would buy it just because it's a new Zelda game.
I'm a Mac boy.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2003, 11:29:33 AM »
"Unless they release the same version of Four Swords, which wouldn't be smart, although everyone would buy it just because it's a new Zelda game."

Considering Nintendo has been super lazy with their Super Mario Advance multiplayer it wouldn't surprise me at all if they reused The Four Swords.  Personally I wouldn't mind as I have no plans in buying the GBA version of A Link to the Past (because I have the SNES game) and I would like a chance to play Four Swords.  Though I'd feel sorry for anyone who already owned A Link to the Past and bought the GBA version just for the Four Swords.

Offline yeg0

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2003, 07:03:00 PM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane

Considering Nintendo has been super lazy with their Super Mario Advance multiplayer it wouldn't surprise me at all if they reused The Four Swords.

Not Nintendo...Capcom. Perhaps some changes, in gameplay, but nothing major. I expect a continuation of the story... somehow.

Though I'd feel sorry for anyone who already owned A Link to the Past and bought the GBA version just for the Four Swords.

Four Swords is awesome. It is almost worth it alone. Plus, you get to play Link to the Past on a portable version.

-yeg0

"HENSHIN-A-GO-GO, BABY!"