Author Topic: Shiggy Rocks Europe!  (Read 7785 times)

Offline PGC-Agent Cooper

• Founder
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Shiggy Rocks Europe!
« on: February 21, 2003, 07:27:58 AM »
Don't you wish you were in London?

GAMING LEGEND, SHIGERU MIYAMOTO, VISITS LONDON

Over 1000 fans from the UK & Europe meet the Nintendo genius behind Super Mario Brothers and The Legend of Zelda.

February 21st 2003 – A date that will be long remembered by gaming fans from all over the UK and Europe. Shigeru Miyamoto, Nintendo's gaming godfather and the man behind some of the most successful video games characters in history, including Super Mario Bros. & Donkey Kong, came to London to meet his public.

Dozens of loyal fans queued overnight outside the Virgin Megastore on Oxford Street, central London, with the crowd growing to over 1000 by 1pm when the game signing began. From 1pm until 3pm fans were able to meet Mr. Miyamoto, who is in Europe to promote the upcoming titles The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past for Game Boy Advance and The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker for NINTENDO GAMECUBE, and have video games and posters signed for them.  

Fans had traveled from the farthest reaches of England and Scotland and even from Holland, Belgium and Denmark for the chance to meet the gaming legend.

He then went on to sign games and exclusive Zelda artwork for the fans in line, with the first fifteen fans being rewarded with free, signed copies of the Game Boy Advance title The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

Shelly Friend, Head of PR, Nintendo of Europe commented, " It's been a fantastic day, and we were really pleased to see the reception Mr. Miyamoto received from his excited and loyal fans who were thanked for their support with a personal handshake from their hero."

"We are very honoured that a legend such as Mr. Miyamoto has made this rare appearance at the Virgin Megastore. The response from the hundreds of fans that have turned up is fantastic! The day has been an enormous success and we hope this event has demonstrated Virgin Megastores' dedication to the gaming industry," commented Stephen Lynn of Virgin Megastores.

At 3.00 pm, the event came to a close and Mr Miyamoto left the room to an astounding round of applause. It was a wonderful experience for all concerned and we hope he makes a return visit in the future!

Click onto www.nintendo-europe.com for all of the most up to date official information on Nintendo.

Billy Berghammer
Founder -- Planet GameCube.com

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Shiggy Rocks Europe!
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2003, 10:17:55 AM »
Nicely done, NekoFever!  GET BONUS!  
:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153

Offline VideoGamerJ

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Shiggy Rocks Europe!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2003, 11:25:45 AM »
His signature is so awesome.

Offline pimple

• View Profile
Shiggy Rocks Europe!
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2003, 02:41:01 PM »
i have his signature on my 150th issue of nintendo power magazine.

Offline Kuma

• View Profile
Shiggy Rocks Europe!
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2003, 03:17:08 PM »
I was Fan No.9.  Got there at 6:15pm on Thursday and it was really worth it.  I had Doshin DD and Mario Sunshine for him to sign but they only allowed us to get 1 thing signed so I put both on the table and Miyamoto-sama choose Sunshine.  

Offline Azule

• View Profile
Shiggy Rocks Europe!
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2003, 06:33:37 PM »
(I don't think Doshin is his game )

So he signs his name as "Miyan" ... It'd be cool if he signed his name in Japanese.
I have crabs, would you like some?

Visit TendoFire, it's for your own good, OK!

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
Shiggy Rocks Europe!
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2003, 08:21:20 PM »
No, he signs it as Miyamoto. That little weird thing at the end is the "oto". It's just that the Os and T are bigger than the rest and the two Os are scrunched up together under where the T is crossed. Also there's a little dot on each O where it is closest to the T. It seems like it's supposed to make something but I can't tell what it is.
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline Azule

• View Profile
Shiggy Rocks Europe!
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2003, 08:42:13 PM »
Oh, yeah. You're right...he turned the "oto" into cartoon eyes. Although I do recall him being credited under a name similar to "Miyahon", so I thought this might be another.

Offline NarmaK

• View Profile
Shiggy Rocks Europe!
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2003, 10:00:13 PM »
About shiggy being left handed, uh so is Link and i hear Mario i havent payed that much attention to mario but ppl say he is.

Someone should make a Mario or Link tshirt that says kiss me im a lefty.

Offline Azule

• View Profile
Shiggy Rocks Europe!
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2003, 12:23:28 AM »
It seems that some of the most creative/intelligent people are left handed....and here I am with my right-handedness.

Offline NarmaK

• View Profile
Shiggy Rocks Europe!
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2003, 12:27:01 AM »
Dont worry french blue im very intelligent and im also right handed.

Offline Azule

• View Profile
Shiggy Rocks Europe!
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2003, 12:36:54 AM »

Dont worry french blue
as in...my name? Actually its based on Spanish.

im very intelligent and im also right handed.
So am I .... just not over the top-going into the history books-kind of intelligent/creative.

Offline NarmaK

• View Profile
Shiggy Rocks Europe!
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2003, 12:42:49 AM »
Blue in spanish and i think italian is azure. I think french for blue is azule.
Like uh nightmare in soul calibur is also called The Azure Knight (nightmare is siegfried and sigfried is italian).

Offline Azule

• View Profile
Shiggy Rocks Europe!
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2003, 12:51:56 AM »
No, Spanish is azul (pronounced "a-sool")... no "e". I added it, therefore its based on Spanish, but isn't. I didn't know it was French though. Azure is also an english word referring to the blue sky (or a variant of blue).

Offline NarmaK

• View Profile
Shiggy Rocks Europe!
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2003, 01:11:10 AM »
Spanish french and italian all come from the romantic branch of the indo-european language, other branches include germanic(english and german), balto slovic(russian and ukranian[i think ukraine has their own language]), there are other branches but i dont remember any of them right now. Japanese, chinese, arabic, farsi, and other asian and middle eastern languages arent included because they arent decended from the indo-european language.

Indo-european is a theoretical language that accounts for similar words in many languages such as niet, nine, and no, all being words for no that start with N(nine is german a germanic language, niet is russian wich is balto slavic, and no is german, spanish, and english).

Offline Azule

• View Profile
Shiggy Rocks Europe!
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2003, 01:23:59 AM »
Exactly . lol, I know all about this stuff. But English takes its words, not directly from their source, but as the words evolve. Otherwise English would be much more structured. So, obviously Azule and its etymology is similar to other languages....because they all came from the same root, which is actually from Persian, then through French. I'm assuming Spanish got it from French.

Offline NarmaK

• View Profile
Shiggy Rocks Europe!
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2003, 01:35:56 AM »
Persian is farsi and its not from the indo-european language and had absolutly nothing to do with french and spanish your probably thinking of latin witch is a root language to the romanic branch. And languages branch and evolve on their own they dont borrow from each other. Languages evolve like animals and are similar to other languages because they are cousins deccended from the same grand pappy languages.

Now back to my 6:36 AM Master Quest starring Hyrules most famus hero NarmaK!

Offline Azule

• View Profile
Shiggy Rocks Europe!
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2003, 01:53:11 AM »
Actually Farsi is the modern version of Persian. And Indo-Iranian is part of Indo-European....I have a book, tells all. (btw, just think about it....Indo for India, and Europe....what is between them...hmm?

And languages branch and evolve on their own they dont borrow from each other.

Languages do branch and evolve, but words are free to do whatever they want....English is world renowned for this very trait. French actually did this a good amount too. (btw, most languages have stopped evolving since the advent of dictionaries and English (native language) classes)

Sorry forum mods, if this got off topic.  

Offline NarmaK

• View Profile
Shiggy Rocks Europe!
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2003, 02:23:06 AM »
thbbb me pappa is iranian. its been a while since my 7th grade latin class but uh wasnt ancient persia way to the east of the giant ancient rome and ancient greece, sure athens and ancient persia had their sqwibles but the greek missionarys started what with their athena spoutin wisdom (athena grants us luck before battle. ya well my simitar grants me luck in battle see, slice slice.).  and uh india is kinda off to the south east.

ah im just talkin out me bum i know indo europe is before the time of ancient greece but who cares i made a funny joke about dead athenian missionarys (and i know ancient persians didnt use simitars they had cool swords shaped like civil war swords but they were sharp and made in an odd way with stretched copper)

and to put us back on topic, i think shiggys left hand is enchanted.

Offline Azule

• View Profile
Shiggy Rocks Europe!
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2003, 02:29:07 AM »
lol.

...or, Shiggy probably started his own language, "Shine Get" anyone. (to pull the topic slightly back to the off-topic. )

Offline NarmaK

• View Profile
Shiggy Rocks Europe!
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2003, 02:34:05 AM »
leave me alone im watchin ninja turtles

u got a yahoo or msn messenger id?

Offline Azule

• View Profile
Shiggy Rocks Europe!
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2003, 02:38:16 AM »
Oh, is this the premiere episode?

I'll PM you....

Offline Huddlebum

• View Profile
Shiggy Rocks Europe!
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2003, 07:57:36 AM »
Actually, blue in french is "bleu".  Spanish is "azul".  "Blu" is italian.

Damn, I wish I was in London!.  I'm not sure what I'd get him to sign, though.  Probably my OoT cart.  Or I'd buy a Limited gold edition Zelda OoT on Ebay and get him to sign the box and cart.

Offline Tanuki Suit

• View Profile
Shiggy Rocks Europe!
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2003, 01:58:10 AM »
I am one of the devastated people that went, but never got meet Shiggy. Whoever came up with the idea of giving him only two hours is a bit of a fool, but I suppose Virgin Megastore didn't want their normal business affected (too much). Ah well, I'll (hopefully) meet him someday...