Author Topic: Metroid Prime 3 Revolutionized  (Read 298945 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Metroid Prime 3 Revolutionized
« Reply #450 on: April 09, 2007, 06:04:20 AM »

Originally posted by: TrueNerd
Yeah, the scavenger hunts in both the Primes and Wind Waker are my least favorite parts of those otherwise near perfect games, but I feel at least in Prime 1 it wasn't too awful. It was tedious getting to the rooms where the artifacts were, but once you were there, it was fun figuring out how to acquire them. Wind Waker's scavenger hunt was nothing more then, "Sail here, lower grappling hook. Repeat seven more times." There was absolutely nothing rewarding about that.

..and it made you deal more with the much hating boring ocean.  *looks around*
I agree about Prime 1.  When I got to the end and they said I had to find those little things.  I was like, "Oh that's what those are for"  I had already found all but 2.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 09, 2007, 09:11:08 AM »

Yeah, the scavenger hunts in both the Primes and Wind Waker are my least favorite parts of those otherwise near perfect games, but I feel at least in Prime 1 it wasn't too awful. It was tedious getting to the rooms where the artifacts were, but once you were there, it was fun figuring out how to acquire them. Wind Waker's scavenger hunt was nothing more then, "Sail here, lower grappling hook. Repeat seven more times." There was absolutely nothing rewarding about that.

You could do that in five minutes, getting the maps themselves and the rupees to pay Tingle was what was time-consuming, and every map dungeon was fantastic, I really enjoyed thoroughly every single one of them.

I was joking about the real metroid player anyway :P, I just think the complain is exaggerated, these are exploration games after all, its not that bad, certainly not bad enough to stop playing the game because of it.

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 09, 2007, 11:09:09 AM »

Originally posted by: mantidor

You could do that in five minutes, getting the maps themselves and the rupees to pay Tingle was what was time-consuming, and every map dungeon was fantastic, I really enjoyed thoroughly every single one of them.

I was joking about the real metroid player anyway :P, I just think the complain is exaggerated, these are exploration games after all, its not that bad, certainly not bad enough to stop playing the game because of it.

It is if you don't like scavenger hunts, not to mention that the previous Metroid games (Not sure about MEtroid 2, I never could stand that game) didn't have anything like that. They had exploration but, IMO, but it was skillfully crafted so you did your exploring as your progressed.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
RE: Metroid Prime 3 Revolutionized
« Reply #453 on: April 09, 2007, 06:58:06 PM »
Yes, the 2D Metroids do many things better then their 3D counterparts do.  

Offline Smoke39

• Smoking is only bad for you if you're not made of smoke already
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: April 09, 2007, 07:25:26 PM »
They're very distinct styles.  I like them both about equally.
GOREGASM!

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: April 10, 2007, 02:28:02 AM »

Originally posted by: Smoke39
They're very distinct styles.  I like them both about equally.

Well I do think the MP games are of high quality, and definately did a great job of transitioning Metroid to 3D, even if they still have a few hiccups that need to be ironed out. I remember back when they first announced that Metroid Prime would be 1st person, people had a heart attack (Seems Nintendo fans get alot of those!).
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: April 10, 2007, 07:42:49 AM »
I like the 2D and 3D Metroids about equally.  I don't know if I've ever had a gaming rush like the time I beat Super Metroid, though.  Maybe in a few particularly intense battles of Smash Bros.
The scavenger hunts didn't bother me, because I'm a very thorough person when I play a game so I had most of them by the time I had to collect them (in Wind Waker and Metroid).  However, I do consider it a design flaw, and wish to this day that they'd delayed Wind Waker to add the extra dungeons and stuff.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: April 10, 2007, 07:43:18 AM »
Since when did they remove the one minute buffer function?
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: April 10, 2007, 08:22:57 AM »
More dungeons less Ocean for Windwaker W00t!
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: May 21, 2007, 02:19:44 AM »
Sorry I need to repost this here, I hate people making new threads for every bit of information released about a game.

All the credit goes to Rhoq for finding this, he just put it in the wrong spot.

Originally posted by: Rhoq
I don't know how anyone missed this one, but Nintendo announced that Metroid Prime 3: Corruption will be released on August 20, 2007 in North America...

Official NOA Press Release
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
« Reply #460 on: May 21, 2007, 03:29:07 AM »

Originally posted by: Dasmos
Sorry I need to repost this here, I hate people making new threads for every bit of information released about a game.

All the credit goes to Rhoq for finding this, he just put it in the wrong spot.

Originally posted by: Rhoq
I don't know how anyone missed this one, but Nintendo announced that Metroid Prime 3: Corruption will be released on August 20, 2007 in North America...

Official NOA Press Release

I would have posted it here, but after weighing the pros and cons of doing so - I figured most people wouldn't want to sift through 23 pages of posts just to get the release date info.
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline Nemo

• View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
« Reply #461 on: May 21, 2007, 04:48:57 PM »
Hurray! If I beat it real fast, I can be done before college starts up again. I won't do poorly in classes.
-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: May 21, 2007, 04:59:35 PM »

Originally posted by: Nemo
Hurray! If I beat it real fast, I can be done before college starts up again. I won't do poorly in classes.

What if it has an excellent online multiplayer mode?
Even if it is most certainly possible to finish the main story and have 100% completion within 2 or 3 weeks (if you have nothing else to do), and then hypothetically it has an excellent online multiplayer mode...basically you (we) are still screwed and then the grades will be bad, however not as bad as those that will be playing Halo 3 mwuahahahahahahaha.

Note: I personally would not want an online multiplayer, not because of school, but because the main explorative adventure is what I really care about, nevertheless if there is such a mode and it is excellent then I shall (to my consequent scholastic demise) fully welcome it.  

Offline Nemo

• View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
« Reply #463 on: May 21, 2007, 05:07:37 PM »
Ya, I didn't really care for MP2's multiplayer. It wasn't terrible, but I pretty much didn't care that I only played it once or twice.
-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #464 on: May 21, 2007, 05:09:26 PM »
it'll probably have Kororinpa levels using Morph Ball abilties.

And extra Metroid Pinball levels.

And Metroid Pachinko.

And Metroid Billiards.

And Morphball Bomberman Levels.

And Morphball Pac-Man levels.

Yeah that's the extent of it's online modes.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: May 21, 2007, 05:10:59 PM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
it'll probably have Kororinpa levels using Morph Ball abilties.

And extra Metroid Pinball levels.

And Metroid Pachinko.

And Metroid Billiards.

And Morphball Bomberman Levels.

And Morphball Pac-Man levels.

Yeah that's the extent of it's online modes.

That's not a bad idea.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 22, 2007, 04:52:39 AM »

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
« Reply #467 on: May 22, 2007, 05:08:16 AM »

Originally posted by: ShyGuy
New Screens don't look Next Gen.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/media.cfm?artid=1564&MedTID=1

Next-gen graphics, or in this cast not, aside - what is up with those jaggies? I see aliasing issues galore and these pics are pretty small. I hope these screens are not indicative of the final game or else a lot of people will be complaining - even on a 19" SD tube. I'd to see what these images would look like stretched-out on a large display. This is a bit disappointing, especially considering that it was delayed for 9 months. You'd think they would have polished it up a bit.

PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 22, 2007, 05:13:21 AM »
"Next-gen graphics, or in this cast not, aside - what is up with those jaggies? I see aliasing issues galore and these pics are pretty small."

I'm wondering where you've been the past few generations...Ninty takes HORRIBLE screenshots that look nothing like the game does in motion...That is all...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: May 22, 2007, 05:16:54 AM »
So, single player and Prime 1 level graphics. What has Retro been working on for the past nine months?

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: May 22, 2007, 05:22:24 AM »
Metroid Prime 3

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: May 22, 2007, 05:28:16 AM »

Man, Wind Waker looks horrible...I guess the game is going to look like crap in motion, am i right?  Oh wait...

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
« Reply #472 on: May 22, 2007, 05:29:24 AM »

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion
"Next-gen graphics, or in this cast not, aside - what is up with those jaggies? I see aliasing issues galore and these pics are pretty small."

I'm wondering where you've been the past few generations...Ninty takes HORRIBLE screenshots that look nothing like the game does in motion...That is all...

Bill, with all due respect - that is utter B.S.

The latest "Brawl" screens look fantastic. The Twilight Princess screens all looked good. If this really is Nintendo taking horrible screens, then it would be the first time I've ever noticed it.
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: May 22, 2007, 05:33:43 AM »

Mmmmm, Mario Sunshine had some nice screens too! (augh)

And come on, Brawl's screens are smaller than normal screens to hide the aliasing...

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
« Reply #474 on: May 22, 2007, 05:51:10 AM »

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion

Mmmmm, Mario Sunshine had some nice screens too! (augh)

And come on, Brawl's screens are smaller than normal screens to hide the aliasing...

That is fugly, but still - I think it's the exception rather than the rule. You may be correct about Brawl's screens, however they still looks leagues better than the MP3 pics released today, which are roughly the same size.

PEACE--->Rhoq