Author Topic: Anybody know when IGN and MySpace got bought by Fox?  (Read 2472 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Anybody know when IGN and MySpace got bought by Fox?
« on: August 14, 2006, 12:40:32 PM »
Article about downloading shows and Movies from Fox

What makes the article sort of interesting is that it states that IGN and MySpace was bought by Fox for $1.2 Billion.  No wander Matt is getting a new office.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
RE: Anybody know when IGN and MySpace got bought by Fox?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 01:23:21 PM »
Awhile ago, is all I can say. IGN was the first acqusation, and then MySpace was the second.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 01:29:41 PM »
September 8, 2005
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 05:10:59 PM »
thx
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody know when IGN and MySpace got bought by Fox?
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 05:29:54 AM »
Myspace gives its users the ex-wife treatment: ALL your stuff is now tossed out on the lawn nonexistent(?!)

http://www.askmyspace.com/t5/Guides/Welcome-to-the-new-Myspace/ba-p/38875

What will not be available from my old profile?

We're focused on building the best Myspace possible. And to us, that means helping you discover connect and share with others using the best tools available. Going forward we're concentrating on building and maintaining the features that make those experience better. That means you won't see a few products on the new site...

Blogs
    Private Messages
    Videos
    Comments or Posts
    Custom background design
    Games

http://www.askmyspace.com/t5/Your-Account/What-the-Hell-Happened/td-p/39189

How do I get back to the old Myspace?   I lost all my friends and all my games!!!!

Me too!!! I have been playing MySpace Mobsters for years. I have 3 MySpace accounts that I play Mobsters on EVERY NIGHT!!! I did not ask for this new MySpace. I want my old MySpace back. I am NOT PLEASED with what MySpace has done. Who ever decided to change MySpace needs to BE FIRED!!

But I was not given time to transfer any of my items from the OLD Myspace.. please allow us time to at least transfer our old items from the old site.

I need my games in world items that I spent a lot of money on.. now everything is Gone?I don't understand how could this happen that you would not allow us to get anything from the old site first... at least a 30 day notice or something?
Please bring the old site back so we can get our EVERYTHING!
Thanks so much!

I have friends on there that are DEAD now. It is my one connection to their life before they passed away. The d*mn password reset isn't even working and I have conversations that are threatning to me and my child that I need to report! Bring the old Myspace back and keep it that way! Haven't you learned not to change your page from all the angery facebook people ranting that it was constantly changing?!
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
Re: Anybody know when IGN and MySpace got bought by Fox?
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 07:19:56 PM »
That last quote is sad, frightening and a little scary all at the same time.

(also shocked to see a thread get necroed that I posted in some seven years ago... with an unhelpful answer to boot).
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk