Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1214535 times)

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
Re: (Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #3800 on: January 09, 2018, 02:35:04 PM »
  • I'd bet my left ragnarok on G2 at #1.
  • SMH (Shaking My Head: The Movie) at #2.
  • Pee Rangers, though the fan base is megahyped, is not quite as big so I'm putting it #3.
If I'm wrong you can change my avatar for a week.

so was I right?
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: January 09, 2018, 03:59:13 PM »
Jean Claude Van Johnson (Amazon) - This is such a stupidly entertaining series. Jean Claude Van Damme playing himself whose day job as a (now retired) actor is just a front for being a secret agent?

The premise is stupid, it's incredibly meta and JCVD is totally onboard with mocking himself in as many forms as possible.

This is highly recommended.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3802 on: January 09, 2018, 04:54:36 PM »

• I'd bet my left ragnarok on G2 at #1.
  • SMH (Shaking My Head: The Movie) at #2.
  • Pee Rangers, though the fan base is megahyped, is not quite as big so I'm putting it #3.
If I'm wrong you can change my avatar for a week.

so was I right?

Nope. you were very wrong. I guess we gotta find you a new avatar for the next week ;)
Who's got suggestions?

Final Count for 2017
(poll updated w/ known Comic/Superhero movies for 2018 - voting open soon)

Domestic Top Top 3:
Wonder Woman - $412.5M
Guardians 2 - $389.8M
Spider-man - $334.2M
Thor 3 - $312.5M
Justice League - $227M

World Wide Top 3:
Spider-man - $880M
Guardians 2 - $863.7M
Thor: Ragnarok - $850.3
Wonder Woman - $821.8M
Justice League - $652.8M

JL = lowest grossing in all of DCEU for domestic and WW... less than MoS @ $291M / $668M
but it did beat Thor 2 :)
so it's not all bad.... if you take budget and expectations out of the picture.

edit:
Help me build a list of known movies for the poll for 2018

Black Panther
Avengers: Infinity War
Ant-Man and the Wasp
Deadpool 2
Dark Phoenix
New Mutants
Aquaman
Teen Titans Go! to the movies
The Incredibles 2
Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse
Venom

Is that everything? I feel like i forgot something...
How about that movie Alita: Battle Angel? is that comic based or anime?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 05:14:59 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3803 on: January 09, 2018, 11:30:36 PM »
Is that Teen Titans movie actually going to theatres?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: January 10, 2018, 12:25:45 AM »
That's what their advertising.... trailer drops tomorrow.

Also I need a mod to edit the poll to 3 options if that's possible.... There are more movie choices this year. But I'll post my Top 3 anyway.

1. Avengers: Infinity War (> $1.5B)
2: Black Panther (>$850M)
3: Deadpool 2 / Incredibles 2 (>$800)

not sure what to choose between the two at option 3
Not sure if DP2 will surpass the 1st ($783M)... or if the shock value has already worn off.
Also not sure if i2 will blow up, or settle in with the current crop of Pixar box office that could land it either in the mid $300M's or the mid $800M's, no where in between :P.
The original Incredible did $633M. With the major increase in interest in superhero movies, and nostalgia for more Incredibles.... this could come in right around where I suspect DP2 might land, which is somewhere in the $800M's

Then there's also the unknown factor of the Inifinity Bump and how that translates to Ant-Man and the Wasp.... that could also easily creep to #3 as well (assuming BP gets the love I suspect it will to take that #2 slot - comin' for that billy club!!!!)

So really that's my Top 5 movies, and why the bottom 3 might be interchangeable.
Aquaman might also come in just below 2 of those 3.... to land in 4th or 5th place.
That really depends on how much JL has killed the DECU as far as audience reception goes in BO $$.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: January 10, 2018, 01:41:51 PM »
UPDATE: http://ew.com/movies/2018/01/10/black-panther-presales-marvel-movie-record-fandango/
Black Panther sets new Fandango Marvel movie pre-sale ticket record!!!!

Black Panther advanced ticket sales outpacing Civil War....
http://deadline.com/2018/01/black-panther-box-office-projection-fandango-advance-ticket-sales-marvel-1202239707/

He hasn’t even hit tracking yet, but Black Panther from Disney/Marvel is already a hot ticket out of the gate. After tickets went on sale Monday night, Black Panther is already outstripping Captain America: Civil War as Fandango’s best-selling MCU title in the first 24 hours of presales. Captain America: Civil War kicked off the opening of summer 2016 during the first weekend of May with $179M.

Billion $$ March here we come!!
Everyone thought all the black people show up to Madea movies... all the black people came out to see Get Out.... well, that wasn't ALL the black people. They WILL show up for Black Panther.
Everyone will show up for it, but the excitement and importance of this movie not only being good, but being successful has a very strong attachment to a very specific group of people.

Coogler Directing. Practically every up and coming or popular black actor in Hollywood who wasn't busy or already has a role in the MCU is in this. Kendrick Lamar on the Soundtrack. Disney behind distribution and marketing, Marvel Made, MCU associated, Infinity War lead in.... It has everything it needs to succeed.

Everyone gonna be coming out like this to the theater next month!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6fa1n8ko7A

edit: The HYPE is real people.
They GoFunding to send black kids from Harlem to watch Black Panther.
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/viral-gofundme-campaign-raises-funds-send-harlem-kids/story?id=52239782

way above requested funds too.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 03:04:47 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3806 on: January 11, 2018, 12:46:48 AM »
Is that Teen Titans movie actually going to theatres?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: January 11, 2018, 03:10:32 AM »
I'm a fan of TTG (once, though - can't generally deal with reruns).  I'm tentatively planning to see this one in theaters on opening night.  It will probably be the best DC movie for awhile (Wonder Woman was good, don't get me wrong... but meh.  LEGO Batman was, frankly, terrible.  Wasted opportunity there.  No need to discuss the rest).

BnM - you should update your list with release dates.  I need to put in for days off and I'm too lazy to look 'em all up myself. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: January 11, 2018, 04:09:21 AM »
BnM - you should update your list with release dates.  I need to put in for days off and I'm too lazy to look 'em all up myself. :D

Done. but can you make the poll a choose 3 options thing? It's currently stuck on 2, but I'm not sure if 3 is an option or not.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: January 11, 2018, 04:11:21 AM »
Done and done!
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3810 on: January 11, 2018, 04:13:08 AM »
I reset the vote tally too so folks could vote with the new 'pick three' option. :)

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: January 11, 2018, 12:02:09 PM »
The Incredibles because everything else not Deadpool is going to be boring.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: January 11, 2018, 12:59:02 PM »
I don't actively watch Teen Titans: Go, but it was one of my favorite cartoons to watch with my kids when they were into it.  Perfect level of self-referential/deprecating humor, coupled with a healthy dose of WB style of antics, breaking the 4th wall, and an occasional bit of old Nickelodeon weird.  I can see how it might disappoint some who want something a little more serious with the characters, but for us, it's great.

Not sure if I'll take my kids to see it in theaters, but it'll absolutely be a rental.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: January 11, 2018, 01:00:01 PM »
I think Avengers and Deadpool are no-brainers for top box office this year. 

Maybe Incredibles 2 for #3 based on it being Pixar?  I wouldn't count out Black Panther though, they've established him as an interesting character, and I think Marvel does best when they make movies that are tonally different and break the mold a little bit.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: January 11, 2018, 02:05:34 PM »
I got BP, I2, and D2. Come on baby don't let me down!

*waits 12 months for box office results*

:|
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: January 11, 2018, 02:29:07 PM »
I got BP, I2, and D2. Come on baby don't let me down!

*waits 12 months for box office results*

:|

We won't have to wait 12 months to get a good idea who has likely won this year.
Infinity War is a given for #1
but if BP, DP2, or i2 come anywhere near or even cross a billy, I really doubt Aquaman at the end of the year has a chance of being in the top 5, also considering the Infinity bump for Ant-man, and the loss of faith in DCEU after JL & BvS. Most of Aquaman's gross will be in next year, but unless word of mouth is spectacular (and the Star Wars movie doesn't move to December) I doubt Aq tops Ant-Man

edit: and I can't speak for WW #'s, but domestically, BP is trending UP w/ reported sell outs for tickets for opening weekend. Not to mention reports of theater buyouts. Disney is also doing a full nationwide release in Africa.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 02:39:03 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: January 11, 2018, 02:49:17 PM »
Okay Imma start cooking some crow: Infinity War will do well, but not as well as people expect. I'm thinking around 1.1 billion worldwide; trailer looks dull so far and seems over-reliant on an audience who follows all the Marvel stuff - that's not what the average Avengers viewer is.

Got Black Panther in the #2 spot which I fully expect to be a sales cannon for Marvel/Disney. The cast is terrific, director seems bankable, the title character has been introduced in a popular film and will star in another anticipated hit... I'm saying that if Doctor Strange can grab 677 million at the box office, Black Panther has a clear shot at that range too, but I fully expect it to do a lot better actually, like maybe 800m+.

For the third one, Aquaman seems like the obvious bet since even garbage DC movies like Suicide Squad still somehow attract millions of people... Deadpool 2 would be the other obvious high-flier. However, I'm gonna pick a dark horse here and say New Mutants will come out the woodworks and blow people away.
That's based on absolutely nothing, I haven't even seen the trailer (if there is one), nor know what it is about or when it releases. But X-Men movies are difficult to predict and sometimes they suddenly do crazy well, only to crash again right after. Imma say this one will be a hit. Now where'd that crow go...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 02:51:13 PM by Steefosaurus »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: January 11, 2018, 06:42:42 PM »
Okay Imma start cooking some crow: Infinity War will do well, but not as well as people expect. I'm thinking around 1.1 billion worldwide; trailer looks dull so far and seems over-reliant on an audience who follows all the Marvel stuff - that's not what the average Avengers viewer is.

I'm sure Infinity is all but guaranteed to do $1.5B+
mark it. 10 year anniversary of the MCU. Marketing HYPE will push people into the damn theater on curiosity alone.

Got Black Panther in the #2 spot which I fully expect to be a sales cannon for Marvel/Disney. The cast is terrific, director seems bankable, the title character has been introduced in a popular film and will star in another anticipated hit... I'm saying that if Doctor Strange can grab 677 million at the box office, Black Panther has a clear shot at that range too, but I fully expect it to do a lot better actually, like maybe 800m+.

I'm with you on this one... only $800M-$1B
Chadwick Boseman was voted as most popular actor in some Chinese Award show... so if BP does well in China (where I traditionally black people are minimized on posters - See 12 years a slave), it has a shot at doing well everywhere.

For the third one, Aquaman seems like the obvious bet since even garbage DC movies like Suicide Squad still somehow attract millions of people...

A lot of good will was squandered between BvS, SS and JL.
I'm not sure if enough people are willing to give Aq a chance in the theater, unless the trailer is crazy.

Deadpool 2 would be the other obvious high-flier.

definite contender for #3 (maybe even #2)

However, I'm gonna pick a dark horse here and say New Mutants will come out the woodworks and blow people away.
That's based on absolutely nothing, I haven't even seen the trailer (if there is one), nor know what it is about or when it releases. But X-Men movies are difficult to predict and sometimes they suddenly do crazy well, only to crash again right after.

New Mutants is a "Horror Movie" and there is a trailer out (click here). All the release dates are on the poll up at the top. It has about 2 weeks to make all its money before Avengers Infinity War comes and steals the whole damn pie. Actually, IW marketing is gonna be through the roof, so don't be surprised if New Mutants gets a little glossed over.

Imma say this one will be a hit. Now where'd that crow go...
Don't let it cook too long. don't want it to be too dry or burnt by the time you need to eat it.

p.s. No way New Mutants makes Top 3...
not even Top 5 (IMO)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 06:46:17 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: January 11, 2018, 07:38:21 PM »
Looks like Fox has moved a couple of release dates for Deadpool 2 and New Mutants....
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/deadpool-2-gambit-new-mutants-get-new-release-dates-1073560

Deadpool 2 moves up 2 weeks to May 18th (3rd weekend of Infinity War, week before Solo: Star Wars movie)
I wonder why March or April wouldn't have worked. seems risky to sandwich it there... or anywhere in the summer, unless everyone is just expecting Solo to not be that big of a spin-off.

and New Mutants.... well, that's moved to next year. 2/22/19 to be exact.
gotta wonder whats wrong there. LOL
somebody better just start eating that crow now. lol
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 07:40:57 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: January 11, 2018, 11:19:30 PM »
Could Disney be influencing these decisions already?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: January 12, 2018, 12:36:22 AM »
I doubt it...

New Mutants apparently test screened last month. Advertising campaign already started (trailer was before TLJ) too, so there must be something very wrong there....
Umberto apparently said that it went for some rewrites and reshooting because it wasn't scary enough.

Deadpool... I have no idea what's going on there...
It was a week after Solo... and 2 weeks before Incredibles 2?
now it's 2 weeks after Infinity and 1 week before Solo

But if they were moving New Mutants... why not just move it to April?
or even better, mid March? 2018 is packed, but there are no Superhero/Comic movies at all in March/April if NM is moved to 2019.

Curious if any shuffling is about to happen with Solo for Disney (it's Star Wars... why didn't they put it in December?) or for X-Men: Dark Phoenix for Fox.

it was speculated that maybe Fox is trying to spread it's offerings out, since anything comic related not in real production by mid-2018 and ready for release by mid 2019 would probably get caught up in the Disney/Fox purchase. So instead of having nothing for next year, they are delaying NM till early 2019... not sure I buy that. I think something was just reeeaaaallllly really off with New Mutants and needed to be fixed. next open window for release was next year, and schedules for actors for reshoots may be busy... so that's where they put it.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #3821 on: January 12, 2018, 08:28:28 AM »
I think all of the new Star Wars movies have started with May release dates, but eventually got moved to December.  Surprised Solo hasn't moved yet.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: January 13, 2018, 07:35:31 PM »
I assumed that it had moved to December too. Does that mean future films with be in May? I think that is a better time for it.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: January 13, 2018, 11:49:10 PM »
Not this year...Avengers know May 4 (same as the original Avengers movie).
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: January 14, 2018, 12:17:50 AM »
Marvel owns that 1st weekend in May now.
Star Wars has put it's flag on that middle of December date.
unfirtunately Avatar also wants that Xmas money, so unless they are going to alternate years, something's gotta give, because possibly around this time next year, Disney will be in charge of both SW and Avatar

Actually, between Marvel (Avengers, X-Men, F4, etc), Star Wars, Avatar, Pixar/Disney Animation, the Live Remakes (Lion King, Alladin, etc etc), and whatever else FOX makes.... I don't know how Disney won't be cannibalizing it's own profits trying to cram all that into EVERY SINGLE YEAR.