Author Topic: Mafia LX: Holiday Murder Mystery Mafia (HM3) - Rules & Roles  (Read 3185 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Mafia LX: Holiday Murder Mystery Mafia (HM3) - Rules & Roles
« on: December 09, 2013, 01:00:30 PM »
~Active Players
Khushrenada
Spak-Spang
jrlibrarian
lolmonade
Silenced
Pokepal148
Lucariofan99
Stevey
Toruresu
Insanolord
Stogi
Glad0s
Pixelated Pixies

~Dead Players
Mop it up - Townie (Dead by Mafia Hit)
Nickmitch - Townie (Dead by Townie Vote)
*  Roles will be handled a bit differently this game. Many of the traditional townie roles will be doled out either through thread participation or on the whim of a mysterious 'benefactor'. Please read rules closely.
General Play
 Victory Conditions: Players win the game by having the townies eliminate all of the mafia or the mafia bringing the number of townies to equal or less than their numbers.

Night Actions: All night actions can be submitted any time of day and up to one hour past the thread lock and they will occur simultaneously at night 1 hour past Thread Lock. So no action will cancel another action.
Day Actions:  Actions marked as 'Day Action' occur while the thread is open and their effects occur immediately when the Host confirms the action.

Voting:The player with the most votes at the end of the day (adding in any special power affects on those votes) is eliminated from the game and their true role is revealed. In the event of a tie all players involved in the tie will die. Players will type out the players name they wish to vote to kill and bold the name. If they change their mind later, they should go back and unbold and strikethrough the old vote and then post the new vote. Example: (Old Post) Vote Mop it up; (New Post) Vote Khushrenada
Death: If you are voted out or killed by a player action you cannot post in any current or new Day Threads and are removed from play in the game. You may not talk about specifics of the game or what you knew until the game is over. You may post general frustration in the Dead Thread which will be created for you to badger and egg on other players or vent your frustrations at your new ethereal state.

Festive Party Crowd (Townie) Roles
Santa Clause (Benefactor)- This is a new role (as far as I know). Santa and his 'Little Helpers' are seeking to stop the mafia from carrying out their heinous plot while also spreading joy to the world. Santa gets to 'give out' two of the roles on his list each day to different players. Roles to be given out include: Doctor, Vigilante and Investigator. If Santa is killed, his helper then takes over as the next Santa. This new Santa is allowed to select another 'helper' (Role rules for Santa's Little Helper still apply). Gift giving is considered a Day Action. Gifts given after Thread Lock are not issued until the next day and will count towards the new day's gift total. To give a gift, Santa will send a PM to the Host with the name of the player and what gift they shall receive and the Host will notify the player. Santa may give out no more than two different gifts a day. (No multiple doctor toys running around for example). He may give out one or even no gifts if he deems everyone to be on the naughty list.

Santa’s Little Helper (Benefactor’s Apprentice)– Santa chooses a person to be his ‘helper’. This person is not notified by the Host until Santa’s passing that he is the next Santa. The player is free to inform the helper themselves but there is no certainty on the helper's part that this is truth unless the Host is the one telling them this.

Boozer (Investigator)- This will be a participation awarded role. The person with the highest number of VALID posts is awarded the power of investigation that night. Multiple posts in a row are not counted. You must wait for someone else to post before you can post again. Post edits do not count. To prevent abuse or attempted abuse someone who repeatedly multiposts and receives three warnings in a day will succumb to alcohol poisoning and pass out. Passed out players will not be able to perform their role or have their vote count for the rest of the day and night. Either a townie or a mafia player can win this role (even if they already have a separate designated role) so this can be a powerful tool for both sides. Repeated offenses in a row may result in a harsher punishment. If it must escalate to this point then the Host will make an announcement in the beginning of a day thread listing out the extended consequences of repeated abuse so there will be no surprise judgments against anyone.

Gifted Roles
All gifted roles are night actions.
Doctor Kit (Doctor)- the doctor can select one person to protect throughout the night. This will make them immune to any action that would kill them. Doctor Kit cannot protect someone from being voted
Super Solver Seekers Kit (Investigator) - This allows the player to
.22 (Vigilante) -  The vigilante wants to be a good guy, but taking the law into your own hands can be dangerous. Vigilante can sent in a hit at night to kill a player if they choose to. The catch is that if the target player turns out to be a townie then the vigilante will also die. ***Important- If the role if given to a mafia player, the role changes. The mafia vigilante must hit either Santa or his Helper or else they die as well.

Vengeful Wife and Her Friends (Mafia) Roles

Vengeful Wife (Godfather) - She is out to get her party-going husband and all of his friends. She puts in the hit every night tokill off one of the party goers. Investigations against her show a regular townie. Getting removed from play leads to The Other Friend becoming the Godfather. If both Godfather and the Goon are killed then the remaining mafia must decide who will be the new godfather. No one after the original Vengeful Wife will be hidden from an investigation. Night Action

Seductress (vote changer)– This is one of the wife’s friends who can choose one player to seduce and change their vote in the final tally. Day Action

The Sharer (role nullifier)– This is one of the wife’s friends who can get another player so drunk that they cannot use their power that night. If they have no power then nothing happens. Night Action

The Other Friend (Mafia Goon) – They have no special powers, but they will automatically become the Godfather if the original one is removed from the game. She will show as her true role during an investigation both before and after becoming the Godfather.

Side Notes
Final notes:
 >You may email me as well with questions once the game gets rolling as I MAY be able to answer them faster:
[size=0pt]satansnemesis@gmail.com[/size]
 >All of my times will be in Pacific Standard Time

>Day will begin when the thread is posted (either a short time after the end of night actions or early the next morning). Day will end at 9:00PM PST. If the thread is not locked properly then the game carries on until Thread Lock and then at Thread Lock the 1 hour Night Action period begins.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 01:58:56 AM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Re: Mafia LX: Holiday Murder Mystery Mafia (HM3) - Rules & Roles
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 06:44:28 PM »
Interesting.  Heavy sided on Mafia roles, but sounds fun.  Can the townies win?  Let's find out.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 03:07:18 PM »
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but as the Investigator what does the 'power of investigation' allow you to do?

Also, what does the following mean?

"Doctor Kit cannot protect someone from being voted Super Solver Seekers Kit (Investigator) - This allows the player to"

What is 'Super Solver Seekers Kit'?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 03:12:59 PM by Pixelated Pixies »
Gouge away.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 03:16:30 PM »
Pretty sure it is just poor editing. It should be:

Doctor Kit cannot protect someone from being voted out.

Super Solver Seekers Kit (Investigator) - This allows the player to investigate one player in the day and see their identity

Italics represents words I've added based on my assumption of how the roles will work.

The investigation roles will tell you if a player is mafia or townie.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 03:29:19 PM »
Ah, I see. Got it.

Cheers!
Gouge away.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 04:22:59 PM »
Sorry about that. My edits changed from PC to forum post. I'll fix them.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 05:52:37 PM »
If they change their mind later, they should go back and unbold and strikethrough the old vote and then post the new vote. Example: (Old Post) Vote Mop it up; (New Post) Vote Khushrenada

What I want to know is why I'm always used as the example of how you should vote. It's very discrimanatory to Khushrenadas everywhere.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.