Author Topic: Nintendo Year in Review 2023  (Read 1535 times)

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
Nintendo Year in Review 2023
« on: December 13, 2023, 05:26:34 PM »
The annual Nintendo summaries are here.
I played 27 total games and played 537 total hours on Nintendo Switch this year!
The three games with the most play time are:
  • The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - 243 hours
  • Splatoon 3 - 70 hours
  • Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon - 31 hours
Going by month, here are the most played games
  • January - SteamWorld Quest
  • February - Atari 50
  • March - Double Cross
  • April - Ring Fit Adventure
  • May - Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection
  • June - Tears of the Kingdom
  • July - Tears of the Kingdom
  • August - Tears of the Kingdom
  • September - Cereza and the Lost Demon
  • November -Arcade Paradise

Check your newsfeed on Switch for a QR code to access yours, or go to:
https://year-in-review.nintendo.com/en-us/

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Year in Review 2023
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2023, 08:30:57 PM »
Alright! Prepare yourself for my non-gamer cred!

Read 'em and weep, people! I've become the top filthy casual gamer of the forums now!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2023, 08:38:46 PM »
Also, that 25 total games is a total lie. A bunch of those titles were just free trials I quickly downloaded to get the platinum points for doing so and then deleted them right after. The NES Online App, Uno, Cadence of Hyrule, Eastward, Star Wars Republic Commando, Katamari Damacy REROLL, Dragon Ball Fighterz, Cult of the Lamb and MLB The Show 23 were all just quick in and outs to get the 100 coin rewards. Well, except MLB. I think I needed to free up like 48GB in order to finish downloading it and I wasn't going through that hassle for the 100 platinum coin bonus. Thanks for nothing, Sony!

Of course, this doesn't show the time I've been playing some Wii U games like Color Splash or NintendoLand and other Wii stuff or GC and 3DS which got a bit of gameplay as well. (Maybe I should look into adding up all the hours in the Wii U calendar to see how much I was using that system this year. It might actually be equal or above my Switch time. I could still be a True Nintendo Gaming Hero for heavily using my Wii U in 2023!) Oh, and there was also a month or so where I really got hooked back into Civilization 3 and replaying that for nostalgia. A rare accomplishment of computer gaming for me.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2023, 08:42:19 PM »
In the battle of games, tv, movies and other hobbies (books, cooking, etc.), it has been movies that has truly won the battle this year for my free time! I just watched my 225th new movie yesterday for the 2023 year. By new, I mean that I have never seen it before. In this case it was Akira Kurosawa's Dodes 'Ka-Den which is an old movie but I'd never seen it until now. (I've also rewatched a few movies as well this year.) I've also enjoyed the glorious return of going to the cinema to watch movies on the big screen again. With like 16 days to go in the year, maybe I'll even hit 250 before the year is done and set an all-time personal best.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2023, 08:43:36 PM »
Oh, and after removing the 9 games that were basically just platinum coin generators to keep collecting Switch profile pics, here's the full list of 16 actual games I did spend some time playing on Switch this year:

The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles
N64 Online App
Wheel of Fortune
SNES Online App
GBA Online App
Tetris 99
Boxboy! + Boxgirl!
Cruis’n Blast
F-Zero 99
Lumines Remastered
GB Online App
Jeopardy!
Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics
Mario Party Superstars
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Ori and the Blind Forest

You may have noticed that my number 3 game of Wheel of Fortune shows 18 hours. It didn't take much longer to hit single digits for games. SNES App was 16 hours and GBA App was 12 hours with Tetris 99 coming in at 9 hours and everything continually decreasing from there.

Meanwhile, I've had Tears of the Kingdom almost since it launched but kept putting it off because I wanted to clear time in my schedule figuring it could suck me in for weeks like BotW. Instead, I just keep filling up my time with a new movie or some other expected shorter activity. Yee-haw!

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2023, 12:17:40 PM »
My top one was Tears of the Kingdom with 260 or so hours.  It's funny looking at the month-by-month breakdown.  January and February was Pokemon, March was Chaos;Head, April was SMT V (which I've been playing on-and-off for a while now) and then May it's Zelda and that remains until the end of the year.  It's crazy to think of one game dominating so much of my play time.

Another amusing trend was seeing my total time drop significantly starting in September.  The reason is obvious - football.  Typically Sunday afternoon is a good time for me to play videogames but with the NFL eating up that time instead I lose significant hours in the later months.

Offline copgarden

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • gorilla tag
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2024, 02:49:44 AM »
The one game on here I have played is the Mega Man collection. I only played the first Battle network game but really appreciate its existence, having not owned a GBA.

Offline boredanguish

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • mario games
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 03:21:26 AM »
I also played Tears of the Kingdom and Mega Man Battle. But personally, I don't rate these games as highly as the Pokemon or Sonic games.