Poll

New Mutants has been DELAYED yet again. When will it come out? Will it ever come out?

It'll get delayed till Summer time
They'll drop it in the October slot for Halloween
Streaming Rental on Disney+ for double the ticket price
It's cursed.... it's never coming out.
Make it a double feature with Black Widow in the Drive Thru's
Right after they do the reshoots... they have time now. lol

Author Topic: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!  (Read 1205282 times)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: (NEW Poll Added!!) New Movies/TV Shows we should keep an eye out for!
« Reply #4600 on: August 16, 2019, 07:35:03 PM »
I'm inclined to think 80-90% of that never would have made it out the door had FOX remained solvent.

Ohh.. a Play-doh movie.  I imagine some corporate exec seeing how well the LEGO Movie did and being all "Yeah, let's throw money chasing that."

I agree.  I don't know what the actual percentages are, but I think most movies don't make it past development.  Fox could've had 300 or so pictures floating around on average for the past ten years.  Doesn't mean 300 (or anywhere close) actually get made.  Studios sit on options and scripts all the time.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #4601 on: August 16, 2019, 11:10:56 PM »
I need an adult.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: August 17, 2019, 04:40:12 PM »
Far From Home is now Sony's Highest Grossing Movie.....
https://deadline.com/2019/08/spider-man-far-from-home-becomes-sonys-highest-grossing-film-ever-worldwide-box-office-skyfall-1202670412/

Congrats to Marvel Studios for topping Sony's Highest Grossing Movie list, and Sony didn't even have to make it themselves.

Edit : and now Sony is to celebrate by re releasing FFH for 1 week with additional footage.
https://mcucosmic.com/2019/08/17/spider-man-far-from-home-being-re-released-for-one-week-with-new-footage/
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 03:49:44 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4603 on: August 19, 2019, 10:04:59 AM »
Yo... Kevin Smith to show run a continuation series of the 80's He-Man!?
https://twitter.com/MastersOfficial/status/1163196002590851073?s=20

« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 11:47:03 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: August 19, 2019, 01:20:49 PM »
Wait.... if it's a continuation of the 80s show... what does this mean for She-Ra?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #4605 on: August 19, 2019, 01:25:10 PM »
Wait.... if it's a continuation of the 80s show... what does this mean for She-Ra?

Push comes to shove, they can always pull out the increasingly tired "IT'S A DIFFERENT WORLD IN THE [FRANCHISE] MULTIVERSE!" cop-out.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4606 on: August 19, 2019, 01:53:00 PM »
I guess I can't really say much, as I obviously don't know much about the series, but I just don't understand what's gained by making it a "continuation" of the 80s series.

I mean, I have a huge soft spot for that show... but it's not particularly good.  Honestly, it's pretty bad most the time.  If they wanted to continue the 200x series, I'd be thrilled, but considering how far out we are from that and how few seem to have seen it, I'd question that decision (unless it was announced that Netflix was going to pick that series up as well...)

Make it a new series entirely.  It doesn't even have to tie into or acknowledge the new She-Ra series if Mattel doesn't want (apparently, there's some licensing hoopla between Mattel and Dreamworks, blah, blah, blah...).  I think this is just a questionable decision that will either serve to drive away potential new audiences (because, seriously, could you imagine any kid or adult not familiar with the original series sitting down to "catch up" on 100+ badly animated, cheesy episodic toy ads from the 80s where He-Man doesn't even use his sword as a sword?  I love the series, but I can't do more than a few episodes here and there) or just annoy long term fans who will nit pick continuity errors and cry how they feel betrayed by the direction taken, with it ruining their childhood.  I checked the he-man.org forums and there are already multiple posts about how this is just a "feminist Teela spin-off".

I assume they want to "honor" the 80s legacy while also getting a jumping point without having to retell He-Man's origin (Think: Superman Returns... that went well.  Thankfully, I can't imagine we'll have creepy rapey He-Man from this though)... but if you're going to take the 80s series as your foundation, you can't do that without including She-Ra from the 80s.

Ugh.  Here I am ranting about a series I virtually know nothing about based off of tidbits of what amounts to early marketing.  I need to step back and breathe. 🤣🤣🤣

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #4607 on: August 19, 2019, 03:04:25 PM »
Yeah, gotta admit, I don't get doing a continuation of the 80s series when the 2000s reboot was generally liked, is a great deal better, and WAS cancelled before it concluded its storyline.

It's like doing a continuation of the 80s Thundercats cartoon. Yeah, you COULD, but the cancelled 2000s rebbot is RIGHT THERE!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4608 on: August 19, 2019, 08:01:30 PM »
Please no Cal Arts style remake for He-Man. Leave the twee to Wes Anderson.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4609 on: August 20, 2019, 05:48:00 PM »
Yeah, the 80s nostalgia play is way too aggressive here.  Just do something new using the brand.  People who liked the 80s show will still tune in.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #4610 on: August 21, 2019, 10:24:03 PM »
If I was ever given the rights to make a Ninja Turtle movie I'd totally make a movie that follows TMNT2
All animations. Returns from Kevin Clash, Corey Feldman, Robbie Rist, Josh Pais, and Brian Toshi for sure. Also, if Elias Koteas could lend his voice to Casey we could just keep the mask on and use deep fakes for unmasked scenes.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 10:29:05 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4611 on: August 25, 2019, 11:51:52 AM »
Disney Box Office Billions Update:

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4612 on: August 26, 2019, 01:22:10 AM »
*SIGH*

They are totally going to do it. They don't deserve to, but they are going to do it. Just disappointing that if you remove Marvel, it is mostly remakes and there is not a single original film/property on the list.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4614 on: August 31, 2019, 11:45:08 AM »
Anybody seen this yet?

Ready or Not. it's in theaters right now, and I'm hearing it's a pretty fun movie to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtYTwUxhAoI

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #4615 on: August 31, 2019, 12:03:32 PM »
I thought that was Margot Robbie for months as I skipped every single Ready or Not ad on the YouTube after the requisite five seconds. That is not Margot Robbie.

That said, a friend saw it. She said it was “fine.”

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4616 on: September 09, 2019, 12:42:30 AM »
Doctor Sleep - sequel to The Shining

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOzFZxB-8cw

Looks pretty freaky.
It's been a very long time since I've seen The Shining, but this certainly looks to capture some of the same elements of the Kubrick film.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 03:33:01 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4617 on: September 10, 2019, 09:47:42 AM »
I'm apprehensive about a sequel to one of the best horror movies of all time, but it looked decent. Ewan McGregor can act. On the other hand, The lady in the top hat looks like someone trying to be a hipster on Instagram.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #4618 on: September 12, 2019, 10:53:01 PM »
So, Are You Afraid of the Dark's getting a reboot next month, and it looks...quite OK. I was a big fan of the original series back in the 90s, but it was extremely corny and bad more often than it was good. A more serious remake that actually pulls off what the original show was trying to be sounds just fine to me.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #4619 on: September 13, 2019, 01:18:40 AM »
Part of the charm was how corny it was though The Tale of the Dead Man’s Float was legit.

A reboot just won’t be the same without Sardo (no mister, accent on the “do”).

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4620 on: September 13, 2019, 01:50:52 AM »
When I was a kid I totally took Are You Afraid of the Dark seriously. Only watching it as a 35 year old does it seem really cheesy. I bought the whole series one day and I started watching it, and was mortified at how badly they aged.  I remember when Goosebumps the TV show came out I had two thoughts: It wasn't as hardcore and dark as Are You Afraid of the Dark, and the books were way darker. Those are very incorrect ideas in hindsight. In reality both shows were in the same league and of very similar quality. Both Cheesy. With Goosebump books I still have my own adaptations in my head. They're all Ring quality pg-13 style stuff verging on 80s horror.

This looks closer to what I remember than what they actually are(unless I'm in some lower quality Mandela universe). When I was a kid I must have used my imagination a whole lot to fill in the stuff that wasn't there.

Or also the chrominance quality of crt tv's isn't reproduced in modern streaming captures. Wrong color can ruin the mood for certain shows. Some old shows look really bad. My So Called Life must look better on some MTV station vault magnetic reel than it does on Hulu.  I don't think all the official releases have the best capture effort. I'll have to check out some Are you afraid of the Dark VHS tapes to see how they look on my CRT TV. Some  Video 90s 4:3 shows have really bad captures. I've been capturing old home videos recently and what comes out live from the VCR looks a whole lot better than what goes through the card to my computer. NTSC had this whole half frame deal that the capture card doesn't seem to translate over.  That isn't to say that when I do watch Are You Afraid of the Dark it doesn't have terrible acting. Eerie Indiana holds up.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 01:59:28 AM by ThePerm »

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #4621 on: September 13, 2019, 07:18:23 AM »
That isn't to say that when I do watch Are You Afraid of the Dark it doesn't have terrible acting. Eerie Indiana holds up.

Ha! I'm not the only person who remembers Eerie Indiana! Now there's a show that got strange, and IIRC somewhat ambitious. I seem to remember it either rebooting at one point during its original run or having a spin-off show in an alternate universe with crossovers. :D

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4622 on: September 13, 2019, 05:57:52 PM »
I ran into the reboot looking to watch the original. I haven't watched it, but it looks like a simulacrum.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
« Reply #4623 on: September 13, 2019, 06:06:44 PM »
Apparently, both shows (Eerie Indiana & Eerie Indiana: The Other Dimension) are available to stream on Amazon. However, they don't appear to have ever been commercially released on DVD.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile