Gaming Forums > General Gaming

PSP discussion

<< < (2/5) > >>

ejamer:
Nice collection Phil!

I'm especially jealous of your Ys games, Star Ocean Second Evolution, and Brave Story: New Traveler.
My collection is much smaller - 56 games that are almost evenly split between retail and digital.

Does anyone here collect UMD movies for their PSP?  When I bought my (used) PSP the guy included a whole bunch of movies with it. They seem like a weird thing to collect because the quality isn't that high, content is locked onto your PSP system, and in a world of streaming and/or downloading video content they are pretty much obsolete... and yet I kind of enjoy having a little library of movies I can watch at my desk or on the go.

supermario2k:
Phil if that is a challenge to catch up with you challenge accepted. I am starting to really look forward to getting one now that I discovered how many games I already own that are compatible and how cheap they are compared to other systems, for the most part.

Ejamer, yes I am interested in collecting movies. I am a movie nut, I used to have a CED, LaserDisc, VCD (official CD-i releases not Asian aftermarket stuff) Beta Max, VHS, Super VHS, D-VHS, HD-DVD, Blu Ray, Video 8, Super 8mm, and DVD collection. I have since pair down to just DVD, Laserdisc and Blu Ray but if I pick up a PSP I am for sure getting a few movies, I made a list of about 150 or so titles if I can find reasonably priced I will pick up. I might thin that down to under 100 but I am not sure yet. I also have quite a digital collection to between UV and iTunes but I don't really count those as a collection really. I mean I guess if I count Virtual Console titles in my collection I should count itunes and Amazon videos too.

Phil:
You will already catch up to me if you play more than half of those! haha I have a huge backlog, which is something I take as a blessing rather than a problem.

Stratos:
Backlogs are really "rainy day" supplies. And for what it is worth, I hope that when I have kids they will get joy sifting though my old collection with me. I have fond memories of when I discovered my dad's cassette/record collection and learning about the music of the 70's and hope to replicate that with old games and my kids.

supermario2k:
I already have 54 PS1 titles on my PS3 I downloaded that will all work on the PSP. I think I have about 15 or so PSN games that also indicate PSP compatibility so I am well on my way to having a good library even without the system.

I just don't want to spend the $70 bucks it will take to get me one. I will either wait until next payday or keep shopping around for a better deal. The main issue is the memory stick I can get one for $50 but it only has 2 GB of memory the one with 4GB is not going to be enough even and it's $70. I haven't checked on prices for memory sticks though, I imagine I am going to want at least a 32 GB to get me started and I am not sure how much those cost. I am going to be mainly digital only for a very long time as nobody close to me sells much in the way of actual physical games for the system.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version