Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

Switch Discussion Thread (Year 3: But where are the folders??!?!)

<< < (2/245) > >>

Stratos:
Whelp, I'm totally on the hype train and excited for March.

Now to convince my wife that I need this in my life come March...

Adrock:
Overall, I like it. I don't mind the name. It's one syllable and easy to pronounce.

I don't like the detachable controllers for reasons already stated, but I don't have to use it that way so that's a wash. I'm mildly disappointed that Nintendo went full-on Xbox One with the standard controller because I really liked the Wii U Pro Controller set-up. I understand due to the set-up, but it looks like it could get messy. I like the Xbox One controller so I'll live.

It still kind of bugs me that the touchscreen gets docked. I wonder if the Chromecast-esque streaming rumor is true.

Yep, this is day one for me.

lolmonade:

--- Quote from: Stratos on October 20, 2016, 10:37:28 AM ---Whelp, I'm totally on the hype train and excited for March.

--- End quote ---

Seconded, except I'm not going to buy-in at year one unless I find a good deal/bundle and see if 3rd party support comes and is sustained.  They did a much better job with showing the value proposition than I expected to.  Not only that, but it gives me hope that they showed what looks like Skyrim running on it, which means 3rd party ports will at least be within grasp.

Soren:

Stogi:
Yeah, despite my past comments, I'm on board as well. It feels fresh and new and is so completely different from the competition that I think this "Switch" has a decent shot at being a success, and with success comes support.

A deciding and defining factor will be its ability to play current gen games, its battery-life, and price.

And just regarding Nintendo themselves, what a fucking cheeky way to reveal a console. They throw out a video with absolutely no commentary and it's exactly what we were craving.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version