Author Topic: E3 2012 Press Conferences - Days 2-3: Nintendo Main PC & 3DS PC  (Read 80121 times)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Re: E3 2012 Press Conferences - Day 2: Nintendo
« Reply #200 on: June 05, 2012, 05:49:40 PM »
I'm impressed by the weight of the Wii U Gamepad - not that I expect it to be heavy, but an iPad 3 weighs 1.44 pounds, and the WUGP weighs 1.1 pounds, which is about 25% less. The console is light as hell too, compared to PS3 and XBox 360.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 05, 2012, 05:50:53 PM »
I just saw the video of "Nintendo Land" (the Wii U's version of Wii Play?) and it looks pretty bland. I thought Nintendo was moving away from casual games?

Sure there are 3rd-party blockbusters like Batman, Mass Effect, Ninja Gaiden, etc. but will 3rd-party developers continually bring these games to the Wii U? Nintendo's examples are all pretty casual-oriented titles, so whatever.

It's a pack-in title, so don't expect too much. It would be nice if we got NSMBU as a pack-in instead though, but then it wouldn't sell 500 billion copies on it's own.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 05, 2012, 05:51:04 PM »
Thinking more about third party support, what the Wii U should be getting is whatever big games are going to the PS360 for THIS Christmas.  Not some one year old stuff but specifically what is in the pipeline for the Christmas season.  REAL third party support would mean getting the same stuff at the same time.  I don't give a **** about Black Ops II but it SHOULD be there.  Yeah, the Wii U is a new system but Activision SHOULD have gotten the devs kits in time to do it.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is a title that follows that line.  That's a new game.  It isn't some old ass port.  At least we know Namco is treating the Wii U right.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 05, 2012, 05:55:10 PM »
It would be nice if we got NSMBU as a pack-in instead though, but then it wouldn't sell 500 billion copies on it's own.

Eventually there will probably be a SKU with that as a pack in, because they did do that with NSMB and the Wii.

Thinking more about third party support, what the Wii U should be getting is whatever big games are going to the PS360 for THIS Christmas.  Not some one year old stuff but specifically what is in the pipeline for the Christmas season.  REAL third party support would mean getting the same stuff at the same time.  I don't give a **** about Black Ops II but it SHOULD be there.  Yeah, the Wii U is a new system but Activision SHOULD have gotten the devs kits in time to do it.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is a title that follows that line.  That's a new game.  It isn't some old ass port.  At least we know Namco is treating the Wii U right.

Plus there's Darksiders II. That's brand new and coming to the Wii U this year.

That said, I'm holding out hope that there's a lot more that just hasn't been announced yet. Black Ops 2 does seem like it would be obvious, yet it hasn't been announced. Maybe E3 isn't everything, and there are still many more announcements to come between now and the system launches? There had better be more, becuase if all there is is what we've seen at E3 then that would really suck.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 06:00:14 PM by Chozo Ghost »
is your sanity...

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 05, 2012, 06:18:18 PM »
I'm glad developers are bringing games like Ninja Gaiden 3, Batman, Mass Effect 3, etc. to the Wii U. I just wish Nintendo's games would be this ambitious. The 3rd-party developers are out-doing Nintendo on their own system, for once! Where are Retro Studios, Metroid, Star Fox, Eternal Darkness 2, etc.? The presentation overall was decent, but Nintendo did a terrible job showing how the Wii U will bring back the "core gamers".
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 05, 2012, 06:48:03 PM »
The twitters are saying you can indeed move your Wii VC and WiiWare games to WiiU.

Nintendo figures also state that the Game Pad battery life is only 3-5 hours. Ouch... :(
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #206 on: June 05, 2012, 06:52:32 PM »
The twitters are saying you can indeed move your Wii VC and WiiWare games to WiiU.

Since this is what most (if not all) of my WiiU purchase decision is based on... proof, please?
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 05, 2012, 07:07:32 PM »

Since this is what most (if not all) of my WiiU purchase decision is based on... proof, please?

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/technology/2012/06/nintendos-wii-u-gamepad-to-play-old-wii-games-company-says-at-e3/

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 05, 2012, 07:26:51 PM »
Where's all the Nintendo Network info? I was hoping Nintendo would reveal all the details of their new online service, but all we got was "Miiverse".

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #209 on: June 05, 2012, 07:32:19 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/technology/2012/06/nintendos-wii-u-gamepad-to-play-old-wii-games-company-says-at-e3/

Thank you based Iwata.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: June 05, 2012, 07:36:27 PM »
Watched a lot of Mario U, I gotta say it's visuals surprised me! It looks crisp, clean, and just down right beautiful with all the back grounds.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 05, 2012, 07:40:05 PM »
Still no F-Zero.

Nintendo, I am disappoint

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 05, 2012, 07:41:48 PM »

Well, that article states there's no way to control 3DS screen brightness....
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #213 on: June 05, 2012, 07:52:50 PM »
When are all Nintendo's roundtables and after conferences again? I think there were ones tonight and tomorrow at 9PM EST..

The Round table is at 6pm PST tonight and the one on the 6th is at Wednesday at 6pm PST.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 05, 2012, 08:10:39 PM »
No Retro, No Ghost Recon, No Silicon Nights, and Killer Freaks got a fate crueler than Project H.A.M.M.E.R.

Not only did Ubisoft have the best press conference, they had a better Wii U Conference than Nintendo.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 05, 2012, 08:30:31 PM »
No Retro, No Ghost Recon, No Silicon Nights, and Killer Freaks got a fate crueler than Project H.A.M.M.E.R.

Not only did Ubisoft have the best press conference, they had a better Wii U Conference than Nintendo.

Killer Freaks is now Zombi U, which I think looks incredible. I love that 3rd-party developers are finally bringing better efforts to Nintendo platforms, and they look even more ambitious than Nintendo's own titles.

I don't think Nintendo is broadcasting the developer roundtable anymore. They don't mention it on their Facebook page or their official E3 site...

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 05, 2012, 08:38:05 PM »
1. I'm never staying up to the wee hours to watch an E3 conference again.
2. All 3 were dull affairs.
3. Usher, the Potter wonderbook...I'm not sure what was worse.
4. When the first joke goes down like a lead balloon remove all future joke attempts.
5. Nintendo received perfunctory applause at the conclusion, maybe they need to dish out free swag for the shills to lap up.
6. I would actually welcome a Nintendo move to third party. Keep making handhelds, and forget consoles.
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 05, 2012, 08:43:23 PM »
I have a feeling this will be a trainwreck with live demos of stuff like ZombiU and year old ports that no one will give a rats behind about. I hope we at least get a goofy Reggie or Miyamoto moment on stage.

'Fess up: you're really a Nintendo insider, aren't you?

When's Fire Emblem going to be released in the US?

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 05, 2012, 08:45:22 PM »

I don't think Nintendo is broadcasting the developer roundtable anymore. They don't mention it on their Facebook page or their official E3 site...

An earlier NWR article mentioned the developer roundtable would not be streamed live, but rather a video of it would be online hours later.

I don't know if it will be liveblogged though. Is it?

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 05, 2012, 08:45:56 PM »
I don't feel like I have any worthwhile new information at all.
2 GamePad support. That was important even if it should have been confirmed last year.

They should have detailed their online strategy more.
Regarding 2 gamepad support, I don't think it was in their plans a year ago.  I think the outcry from fans made them go back and see if they could do it.  I think they always planned on doing just one gamepad.  It is the reason why they didn't have any dual gamepad games.  I think they added extra power to the system just to make sure it would support two gamepads.  I wouldn't be surprised if no teams were even working on any games that could use two gamepads until October of last year at the earliest.

« Reply #220 on: June 05, 2012, 08:51:57 PM »
Is NWR liveblogging the Dev Roundtable?

Offline Tizona

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 05, 2012, 08:52:57 PM »

An earlier NWR article mentioned the developer roundtable would not be streamed live, but rather a video of it would be online hours later.

I don't know if it will be liveblogged though. Is it?

I just logged in to ask the same question. I've looked all over, but I can't find anyone Liveblogging the developer roundtable. They normally have a lot of great info during it, I'm bummed we have to wait for video later, if that.
"Hear the crashing, see the flames and the sparks! TIZONA!"

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 05, 2012, 08:58:01 PM »
Nintendo failed to mention many important features of the Wii U:

- No Nintendo Network info
- No info on Achievemenets
- No mention of eShop games or Virtual Console titles
- No system-wide voice chat
- No info on Friend Codes (are they in or out?)

The whole conference seemed really rushed and ill-prepared for. Half of the games they showed were casual games, and this goes against what Iwata said last year about the Wii U targeting more "core" gamers.

Nintendo failed again this E3. I didn't see Microsoft or Sony's conferences yet, were they any better?

« Reply #223 on: June 05, 2012, 08:58:31 PM »
Thank goodness, it's up on the main page now.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 05, 2012, 09:01:54 PM »
Nintendo failed again this E3. I didn't see Microsoft or Sony's conferences yet, were they any better?

I think both were better, but in different ways.  Microsoft's was a total snore for the most part, but they did show off the increasingly awesome-looking Tomb Raider reboot and Black Ops 2 looks better than I expected.  There was simply more there for gamers like us. 

By contrast, sony's was far worse in the handheld department as Sony pretty much abandoned the Vita, but as far as console games go they easily blew Nintendo's lineup away.  Yeah, Pikmin 3 looks great, but Sony simply had more notable console titles.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.