Author Topic: Animal Crossing: New Leaf for 3DS  (Read 40382 times)

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Crossing: New Leaf for 3DS
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2012, 02:12:04 AM »
Tell me about it, watching some of the live streams and following the gameplay thread over at neogaf is just brutal.  Replaying Wildworld isn't helping either as I was never too much of a fan of that release.  This dam game better come on on Jan 1, I don't want to wait any longer.

Offline ThomasO

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
    • deviantART account
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2012, 11:51:47 AM »
Releasing a major title one week after Christmas? Yeah, not going to happen.  :P:

Offline Schmokes

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2012, 09:55:10 AM »
It's depressing seeing this thread started early in 2011 and we are still waiting on this game. 

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2013, 09:03:35 AM »
I'm holding out for a XL bundle with New Leaf, it seems inevitable with the way Nintendo has been releasing 3DS bundles. I don't really care if it's the Japanese LL design or something entirely new, I just want it.

Does anyone have any details about how the scheduling for the shops work? I would like to have the stores open in the late part of the day, but would like to change the hours on the weekends. Are you committed to the initial hours you set up or can you change it whenever you want?
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2013, 10:44:30 PM »
I think you do have some control over the hours of the stores once your mayor but don't quote me on that.  I've been on a media blackout of this game as I want to everything all in during my playthrough.  I too am holding out on upgrading to an XL until this game comes out.  I really hope they release a special bundle or something.  I cannot wait for this to come out and wish they would give us a release date already.  Come on Nintendo, don't make us wait till E3. 

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2013, 04:18:06 AM »
You do have some control over the shop hours, and I think his question was regarding how much control it was.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2013, 08:18:01 AM »
You do have some control over the shop hours, and I think his question was regarding how much control it was.

Basically I want to know if you can change the hours of the shops whenever you like (day to day) or if at some point you have to choose a schedule and can't alter it in the future.
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline jvgsjeff

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • JVGS
« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2013, 05:47:03 PM »
From what I've been reading, you can change it whenever you want (the changes take effect the following day), but it costs 20,000 bells to make the change.

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2013, 06:13:57 PM »
From what I've been reading, you can change it whenever you want (the changes take effect the following day), but it costs 20,000 bells to make the change.

That's awesome and brutal. I expect to at least change the schedules once a week or at least to ensure I don't miss certain items. I found bells really hard to earn in City Folk as oppose to Wild World so I hope the effort for Bells isn't a frustrating hustle.
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #84 on: February 14, 2013, 05:50:31 PM »
Okay as per today's Nintendo Direct Animal Crossing New Leaf is out June 9th. That's a Sunday which is great for me. There's a super chill trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_UmQ0S1C10 Bill Trinen hinted that there will be another Nintendo Direct with more details about New Leaf, I hope it's a whole dedicated ND like the one Japan got.

I may have been thinking about Bells in the wrong context with this version of Animal Crossing. What if you're not really just 'hustlin for bells' and because you're The Mayor you may actually have a Town Budget? Maybe the scale of Bells that you handle will just be adequate. Maybe you don't have to spend all damn day getting fruit fish and fossils to trade for money to buy items you actually want. Maybe the daily objectives have been completely flipped for this game and it will be something completely different and new.
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 14, 2013, 08:01:25 PM »
As far as the Nintendo Direct goes, the way he made it sound was that it will be the same exact one Japan got, but with English subtitles.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2013, 05:20:45 PM »
As far as the Nintendo Direct goes, the way he made it sound was that it will be the same exact one Japan got, but with English subtitles.

That wouldn't surprise me and I wouldn't mind that at all, but Animal Crossing always has great cultural specific items and events for each region and I'd to hear about that stuff.
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 21, 2013, 04:45:58 AM »

That wouldn't surprise me and I wouldn't mind that at all, but Animal Crossing always has great cultural specific items and events for each region and I'd to hear about that stuff.

Not in Australia. We didn't even get Southern Hemisphere weather settings. At least pre-Wii, I didn't play that version.
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2013, 09:21:31 AM »
So excited for this, but my wife is disappointed.  She liked to watch me play City Folk, help listen for balloons and spot holes, etc.  I wish there was a spectator mode for her to watch on the TV.  I doubt many people play this way, though.

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2013, 08:19:53 PM »
NOA is releasing Animal Crossing videos with some Treehouse developers talking about different topics. The first one deals with localization, the second is about connectivity, the third is about your first day in town and the newest one is about customizing your home. It looks like they are releasing a video daily. While most of it is all details that we might already know about and the graphics aren't exactly showing anything new either I really like them. Check the playlist of all the videos here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2JiZAV5BmDVb6eg9Pq9ZQk5vTdeS7vKS You can also check these out on the 3DS eShop.

I'm also bumping this thread so that the recent thread about New Leaf can maybe be added to this one so we can have a nice unified forum thread. Can that happen?
Handhelds at Heart
---